Archaon (on horse) with Grand Alliance: Tzeentch (1000 points)

TheImperishable

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my Slaves to Darkness to become viable after several crushing defeats. It seems one of the best ways to do this will be to give them all the Mark of Tzeentch and take the Tzeentch allegiance for the rules, command traits and artefacts. In regards to models I own, I have:

2x Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness
16x Warriors of Chaos (40 in total)
2x Soul Grinders
30x Pink Horros
3x Herald on Disc
3x Burning Chariot
10x Tzaangors
1x Archaon on horse
10x Chaos Chosen

I really want to use Archaon (on horse) with the aim of using fate dice to get a double 6 to wound roll on the Slayer of Kings. I'd like to take a Herald on Disc as general with the Nexus of Fate (I think that's the correct Command Ability - to roll a dice each turn to potentially swap a fate dice for a 1 or 6) to improve the chances of this.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of list I could put together to get the best use of this at 1000 (or 1500) points? I'm happy to buy some Chaos Marauders for cheaper battleline units, or some Blue/Brimstone horrors for splitting or cheaper units. If Tzaangors are the way to go then I could consider this, but I'd like to stay as close to Slaves to Darkness as I can.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi All,
I'm trying to get my Slaves to Darkness to become viable after several crushing defeats. It seems one of the best ways to do this will be to give them all the Mark of Tzeentch and take the Tzeentch allegiance for the rules, command traits and artefacts. In regards to models I own, I have:

2x Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness
16x Warriors of Chaos (40 in total)
2x Soul Grinders
30x Pink Horros
3x Herald on Disc
3x Burning Chariot
10x Tzaangors
1x Archaon on horse
10x Chaos Chosen

I really want to use Archaon (on horse) with the aim of using fate dice to get a double 6 to wound roll on the Slayer of Kings. I'd like to take a Herald on Disc as general with the Nexus of Fate (I think that's the correct Command Ability - to roll a dice each turn to potentially swap a fate dice for a 1 or 6) to improve the chances of this.
Does anyone have any idea what sort of list I could put together to get the best use of this at 1000 (or 1500) points? I'm happy to buy some Chaos Marauders for cheaper battleline units, or some Blue/Brimstone horrors for splitting or cheaper units. If Tzaangors are the way to go then I could consider this, but I'd like to stay as close to Slaves to Darkness as I can.

Thanks in advance! [emoji4]

As an alternative to the herald general have you considered the lord of chaos with a mark of Tzeentch? He can use his command ability to give a unit like your chosen or archeon re-rollable armor saves.

His special spear attack is another thing that fate dice really benefit in case archeon meets an unfortunate end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope little Archaon makes it into GH v2.0, but I'm not super hopeful. Dorghar's profile is embarrassing.

He would be a sensational general, particularly as any summoned Darmons can then use their Command Abilities.

15 hours ago, TheImperishable said:

Is there any reason to think that he wouldn't make it into GH v2.0? If he made it into the first one I don't know why they'd remove him from the second.

First book was testing the waters, making sure that adding it carried on the concept of legacy support, and offering people a chance to play in tournaments "officially"

The second book is the next season, there's a lot less reason to include legacy models, particularly ones that have been superceeded by a new model. Now they'll want to push tournament players into buying more models.

Archived