Rat Ogre Conversion ideas?

bonzai

Hi all!

My first AoS army was two sets of the Skaven portion of the island of Blood box set and a doom wheel. I tried out the rat ogres, but they seemed rather Meh to me, so I eventually filtered them out of my list. 

Now I am giving them a second look over. The main thing I want to try is having them loaded out with  Warpfire guns. It doesn't diminish their combat ability at all, and gives them a ranged component that I haven't explored before. 

I'll be proxying them first to be sure, but does anyone have any good conversion ideas to represent Warpfire guns on the boxed set models?

One of the Spire of Dawn Rat Ogres already looks like they have a Warpfire Gun mounted on the arm.

A simple conversion is to take an Ork Dreadnaught Scorcha arm and mount this on the back of the arm, with a short tube of greenstuff from the tank to the nozzle, or you can hack off a hand to get something closer to a Stormfiend in it's design, similar to my StormKanz models I used for my Ork army.

IMG_20151023_200143.jpg

IMG_20151018_163336.jpg

4 hours ago, bonzai said:

Oh wow. So that last one, the nozzle end is green stuff?

Nah, thats part of the Stormfiend. Most of the greenstuff work on the model is filling in the shoulder joint around the Killa Kan arm to get a clean fit.

Archived