Stormcast 2000 points Tournament Winning List

Erdemo86

Hi guys, i played 4 games with this list against friends and 6 games in a Tournament. I did won all of them.

So i wanted to share my list with you guys. Im open for some critic. Its a very mobile list and very good for objective plays. You can teleport youre Liberators every movement phase. So maybe its a good idea to play 15.u

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone  
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons or Lightning Chariot
Lord Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight Azyros (80)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 2000/2000

I want to include some Raptors and/or another Relictor,but i dont know what to cut. In some games i used 2 units of Retributors and no gryph hound. In some other games i used 15 Liberators and cutted Venator.

very nice combos are:

teleport your 10 Liberators into Combat with vanguard wing. Teleport Lord Celestant next to them with the chariot. 5+ you make 2 wound rolls and normal hit on 3+. 

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".Buff them with Blessed weapons.

Azyros gives reroll 1s for every shooting( 10 judis/12 Prosecutors)

castelant+lantern makes 2+ save rolls against missile weapons 3+ in Combat. Reroll 1s.

Retributors + celestant

Gryph hound+ all the missile units ( judis/ prosecs)

Liberators+ celestant against units with more than 5 wounds have 4+ double wound Rolls. with blessed weapons 4+ another attack. Very Op combo. Killed 6 Stormfiends with 10 Liberators.

here my 2nd list:

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord Castellant (100)
Knight Azyros (80)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
15 x Liberators (300)
- Warhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Vanguard Wing (100)

Total: 2000/2000

I love it. I'm running almost the exact same list except I'm running a lord-veritant instead of azyros and gryph hound. It's mainly because I love the model. I'm wary of a lone azyros because I don't want him getting blasted away before the job is done. I also have a very good win record with this army.

It would help if you gave an idea of what you played against, but the list looks interesting nonetheless. I'm not a huge fan of the Vanguard Wing, and I think it spends a bit too much on Battalions, but it seems to be working for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I am very tempted to try Vanguard with the buffs on a big liberator unit. If you're finding it works I might give it a shot.

I would even be interested in the Tempest Lords variant with a stardrake. It is even more points for the single formation but there is some trickery to be had with the stormhost battalion bonuses.

I think for the most part your list would do better against other lists that are tough for us as opposed to my tempest lords list idea.

5 hours ago, Turragor said:

I am very tempted to try Vanguard with the buffs on a big liberator unit. If you're finding it works I might give it a shot.

I would even be interested in the Tempest Lords variant with a stardrake. It is even more points for the single formation but there is some trickery to be had with the stormhost battalion bonuses.

I think for the most part your list would do better against other lists that are tough for us as opposed to my tempest lords list idea.

I want to try the tempest lords out too. I feel they're a hidden gem that is being overlooked by players.

Archived