Blood Host of Khorne

Kaelsyn

Hi All,

I am working away at my Blood Host but am not 100% happy with my list. Some community thoughts would help/

Rage Thirster 

-General - Runeblade

Rage Thirster

-Runeblade

Rage Thirster

Bloodletters (30)

- Full Command

Bloodletters (30)

-Full Command

Bloodletters (10)

Bloodcrushers (3)

-Full Command

Bloodcrushers (3)

- Full Command

1980 pts

The Bloodcrushers are units of 3 to a) give me more chances of mortal wounds on the charge and b) get me up to the unit req for the formation

The unit of 10 letters is for back field objective camping

Ideally I would somehow drop a Ragethirster for a Wrath of Khorne thirster, additionally I am still not sure about taking 3 thirsters

Thoughts?

I'd probably look at fielding one of each type of Bloodthirster with Wrath of Khorne as your general.  Only one can trigger it's command ability and run & charge with +1" to the charge distance (for units within 16") would make a lot more impact than re-roll charge dice (for units within 16").  I'd be tempted to drop the unit of 10 Bloodletters to get this within your 2k.

31 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Does the thirster whos command ability to pile in 6" rather then 3 proc/work with the bloodhost formation rules???

I've not the battalion rules here, but I believe so, the command ability of Unfettered Fury (and in fact Wrath) lasts until "next hero phase" so providing you trigger the CA first you should be fine.

(disclaimer - I'm fairly sure the battalion rules says "in each of your hero phases" and not "at the start").

20 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Just looked at the warscroll. Fury thirster command ability says pile in 6" in the combat phase. So it wouldn't work in the hero phase. Damn that would be an amazing synergy!

Is that from the GA Chaos book?  I've only got the app and compedium pdf to hand which don't state combat phase in them :) 

13 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'd probably look at fielding one of each type of Bloodthirster with Wrath of Khorne as your general.  Only one can trigger it's command ability and run & charge with +1" to the charge distance (for units within 16") would make a lot more impact than re-roll charge dice (for units within 16").  I'd be tempted to drop the unit of 10 Bloodletters to get this within your 2k.

I need the 10 to make up my 3rd battleline unit. Making the units only 20 strong seems a waste.

10 hours ago, Kaelsyn said:

I need the 10 to make up my 3rd battleline unit. Making the units only 20 strong seems a waste.

Your Bloodcrushers are battleline when running a pure Khorne Daemon army so you could drop that unit of ten and still be legal.  For the army you're looking at, Wrath will help you get your units into combat much more quickly - adding between 2" and 7" extra range.

I'd try and squeeze a couple of games in with the different Thirster/Letter options and see what works the best for you.  One of your biggest challenges (as with all Khorne armies) is getting your guys into combat as quickly as humanly possible, with the increase in gunlines, being shot off the table is a real possibility.

58 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Your Bloodcrushers are battleline when running a pure Khorne Daemon army so you could drop that unit of ten and still be legal

Just realised that dropping that unit of ten would mean you wouldn't be legal for the Blood Host.  Personally I'd drop the ten from one of the large units - or run a unit of 40 and two 10.

11 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Your Bloodcrushers are battleline when running a pure Khorne Daemon army so you could drop that unit of ten and still be legal.  For the army you're looking at, Wrath will help you get your units into combat much more quickly - adding between 2" and 7" extra range.

I'd try and squeeze a couple of games in with the different Thirster/Letter options and see what works the best for you.  One of your biggest challenges (as with all Khorne armies) is getting your guys into combat as quickly as humanly possible, with the increase in gunlines, being shot off the table is a real possibility.

I was under the impression the Bloodcrushers were only battleline if a Skulltaker was my general...or am I wrong

11 hours ago, Kaelsyn said:

I was under the impression the Bloodcrushers were only battleline if a Skulltaker was my general...or am I wrong

I've not got the GHb here so can't check.  I know Skullcrushers require a Lord on Juggernaut but didn't think that Bloodcrushers did - however I may well be wrong on this!  The points for what they do has always put me off :P 

You're correct.

As for your list, have you considered replacing your unit of 10 Bloodletters with Flesh Hounds? They may be better than a 10 man unit of Bloodletters for objective control.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Archived