New SCGT Pools Are Up!

I'm not sure who these last two replies are for but I'm just waiting for a confirmation of how to do running units, and how the number of warscrolls and wound counts actually works.  So a core where one could have 40 wounds  means only 40 wounds total in the army, even if they are all just one warscroll. Thanks! :) (40x1 wnd guys, even in 2x20 units)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

As a stormcast player I'm happy that the teleporting retributor mechanic has been taxed, as its been just too tempting do it each game. 6 points increase overall seems about right.

Quoted for truth. 

Also the increase makes the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts a minimum of 80 points. Personally I'd prefer if it was 81 so you couldn't have the formation and ten retributors, but its a step in the right direction. 

Very pleased at the drop in cost of vulkites and the sadly underpowered Magmadroth characters. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Guess this is likely to be the last update before the General's Handbook drops. 

It's gonna be weird if we're stuck with static points again. I think they should leave points out of the books and just post them online and/or in White Dwarf. 

9 hours ago, Terry Pike said:

Stater box and army box formations were not added to SCGT as they are not readily available to everyone.

So I spent £100 on getting into AoS and I can't play with the boxset formation I bought if I want to use SCGT? Say what now?!

The free rules that came with the boxset aren't readily available? They are free, printed on a sheet of paper? Available to anyone , whats not readily available about that?

The Ghal Mararaz campaign book formations aren't readily available to everyone by that line of thinking, unless you pay over 100 to buy the books? Saw those made it in

1 hour ago, hobgoblinclub said:

It'd be nice to have the Start Collecting formations for completeness though. Each faction has only got one, and it's not even all the factions yet. Shouldn't be too a big job. 

its not the start collecting, its the formation boxsets, there's only been four so far,

Guardians of the Deepwood, (slyvaneth)

Virulent Horde, (pestilens)

Lord Heldraths Chaos Tide, (slaves to darkness)

King Vlagorescu's Ghoulish Court, (FLE Courts)

I'm sorry but it really sucks to buy one of these sets and find out it's not supported! All of them retail around the £100 mark (with a 20% discount)

Agreed. All the formations in the Realm wars books are purchase able for a small amount in the app. Thats a lot more accessible than the formations which only come in a box full of models for a specific army. However all of your models remain use able so it should not be that big a deal. And im sure you can come to an agreement with your opponents as to roughly how much it should cost 

4 hours ago, James McPherson said:

So I spent £100 on getting into AoS and I can't play with the boxset formation I bought if I want to use SCGT? Say what now?!

The free rules that came with the boxset aren't readily available? They are free, printed on a sheet of paper? Available to anyone , whats not readily available about that?

The Ghal Mararaz campaign book formations aren't readily available to everyone by that line of thinking, unless you pay over 100 to buy the books? Saw those made it in

The rules arent free though. You can only get them if you buy the £100 box set, they are not available to buy in the app. This is why they were not added, they are only available to that specific box set.

OK thanks for taking the time to clarify. Really appreciate you letting me know thankyou Terry

I have to stick to my guns and say I don't really agree with it at all though, the rules come free with the boxset, FREE! And are easy enough to circulate, the amount of community effort it would take to compile and list them somewhere and scan the hard copies and make available (such as I have done with The Virulent Horde numerous times here and on the wh forum over the last week or two whilst trying to make some noise) is minimal, and for the sake of completeness and inclusiveness I think its fair and worthwhile. If 1d4Chan can manage it why can't scgt?!

By saying things only available on the app are fair they are basically saying that all wargamers use an 'app' which is a pretty divisive way to treat those of us who don't. AoS is meant to be inclusive not some divisive app only club. If I wanted restrictive framework like that I'd play 40k! 

I hope the Generals Handbook puts all this straight and brings those boxset formations into the mainstream, it sucks that they can get so marginalised just because someone hasn't thought to put them on an app.

For now then I guess I'll contact GW and request them to be put into the app, to appease the gods that be.

On 13/06/2016 at 7:31 PM, James McPherson said:

I'm sorry but it really sucks to buy one of these sets and find out it's not supported! All of them retail around the £100 mark (with a 20% discount)

SCGT pool points are user created though, nothing to do with GW, so it's not exactly that they're not supported. It's not really appropriate to be annoyed with them if they've not done what you want. They can manage things as they chose to. It's pretty cool what they've done so far. They may add stuff down the line. 

Archived