New version of AoS App

kaaras

I'm sure everyone has seen this, but if not, the app has been updated. I actually think they made it less appealing visually, but they have grouped the books, the warscrolls as rules as more or less before, just not as pretty. 

However, there is a (paid) subscription for a list builder. This is pretty big (if it was free I think people would more excited) however at least GW has done what has been asked for and provided their own list building system in the app.

I have not tried it (I am going to wait for GHB2 before I think about this) but if anyone has, it would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts.

13cc4171-1bc1-497b-9ce1-c03aa90569f3.jpg

I have tried it and like what it is trying to do. Looking at their Facebook page, there is a large number of bugs, depending on the device you use. 

I can't download a PDF of my army list currently because when I try, it crashes the app. 

Sure they will iron out the bugs eventually. When they do, it is a "nice to have" rather than a requirement. Scrollbuilder offers a similar service for free. 

I like the direction GW is going lately, so I am showing my support to encourage more of this type of stuff. It is after all £1 a month. 

It wouldn't let me restore my purchases initially.  I sent a bunch of emails/messages to CS and the FB page.  Eventually, I figured out that if I purchased the subscription, it would finally let me restore my prior purchases :-(  Hopefully this doesn't mean that purchases will become unavailable when someone unsubscribes from their service :-/

8 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

It wouldn't let me restore my purchases initially.  I sent a bunch of emails/messages to CS and the FB page.  Eventually, I figured out that if I purchased the subscription, it would finally let me restore my prior purchases :-(  Hopefully this doesn't mean that purchases will become unavailable when someone unsubscribes from their service :-/

mined didnt work initally, so i mashed the icon a few times, works fine now 

Just now, Arkiham said:

mined didnt work initally, so i mashed the icon a few times, works fine now 

I mashed icons.  Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Twelve hours of not restoring purchases.  It kept giving me a "purchases not restored" message.  It was only after I subscribed (after numerous attempts to restore, after many hours) that it restored my purchases.

All my purchases were restored on the first click. The only complaint I have, is that I can't see SCE points unless I purchase the battletome. I have the hard copy purchased, but will not purchase a second copy just for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Mossback said:

Can't figure out how to add an Order wizard (Celestial Hurricanum, Sisters of the Thorn, etc.) to my Gnarlroot batallion. Once I give it the Sylvaneth allegiance, it won't allow to add Order wizards.

Does it not have to be Order allegiance?

11 minutes ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

Hold your finger on the warscroll you want to delete, brings up a menu that lets you delete, duplicate, add to my battle or go to the unit's page on the webstore.

OMG! thank you for dumbing it down for me. Feels like the only thing I didn't try. -_____-

I think it's really poor and GW are simply playing on peoples sympathy in "supporting the hobby".  It's not supporting the hobby, it's being completely uneconomical with your hard earned cash. 

£11.88 a year plus paying for all the publications again and at the same price as the hardcopies, just to have your own photos of your units come up on a pdf list or bit of paper??! no ta.  Sticking with the good people over at Scrollbuilder and BattleScribe

Even the printed list is terribly wasteful - my 1k Ironjawz list doesn't even fit on one page nor does it include any rules! 

Had the subscription for about half an hour before cancelling it. 

GW should grow a pair and wake up.  They should incorporate your games-workshop.com account with your online purchases all on one place and offer a concession on digital purchases of your hardcopies - not unlike Steam I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Voc said:

I think it's really poor and GW are simply playing on peoples sympathy in "supporting the hobby".  It's not supporting the hobby, it's being completely uneconomical with your hard earned cash. 

So I walk in the door, switch on my PC, get a coffee and my annual subscription is paid for. 

Seems ok to me. 

I like it.

I do wish however that they would include a quick link to the warscrolls, so that once you are in your army it becomes a lot easier to see the stats.

Likewise, it would be great if there was an option on the pdf to include the selected warscrolls.

My 2 cents.

So far I love it.

I really like that I can build and save multiple lists, and then load them into the my battle screen with one click.

I have noticed a couple little bugs, but I'm sure those will get fixed.  Some units don't have all of the options available on there warscroll.  Does anyone know if they have a feedback/ comment section anywhere?

Honestly, my biggest complaint is that they are using the GHB2 points for Kraggi, as a super biased Dwarf player, I don't like it.  I was hoping to use him at 20 points a little while longer....

Noticed on twitter there is an email address for.providing feedback and suggestions

Gwapps@gwplc.com

May be worth emailing them so hopefully the app improves, common suggestions so far seem to be providing a digital copy of rules when a physical copy is bought and a link to warscrolls from within the army builder.

1 hour ago, N_Watson said:

So I walk in the door, switch on my PC, get a coffee and my annual subscription is paid for. 

Seems ok to me. 

I just prefer valuing a product on its market rather than how long it takes me to earn the products stated sale value.  This app is competing directly with two products that are both great and that are both free of charge.  GW just need to offer more - or least hold off on charging until the glitches are sorted.

37 minutes ago, Gladders1980 said:

Noticed on twitter there is an email address for.providing feedback and suggestions

Gwapps@gwplc.com

May be worth emailing them so hopefully the app improves, common suggestions so far seem to be providing a digital copy of rules when a physical copy is bought and a link to warscrolls from within the army builder.

Thanks for sharing the feedback address

1 hour ago, Veillotron said:

I do wish however that they would include a quick link to the warscrolls, so that once you are in your army it becomes a lot easier to see the stats.

I had not seen the "My Battle" screen - good to see that we can indeed access the selected warscrolls when playing a game, which is super.

Archived