Female Stormcast

OlDirtyCosta

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, OlDirtyCosta said:

Damn, when I originally made this post, I was just wondering if anyone heard of the Daughters Draconia....

idk man but I can tell you right now that that's what I'm calling my stormhost, even if the heraldry and palette is wrong. Cool concept, metal name, alliteration, it has it all. 

9 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Well I think a lot would have happened if the gender of Sherlock or Luke was changed in the original story. Due to boys being boys and men being men (with all limitations wel all know) the stories would NEVER have been popular, the settings and genres are things the male of our species preferred and the male of our species prefers MALE heroes so they can identify with them.

I think the period of time where men can't identify with women, and vice versa, outside of very specific things like childbirth, etc is long over...or at least should be. People are people, gender is just a frame through which to look at someone, no different then socioeconomic status, race, intelligence, etc.

16 hours ago, J-P said:

@CJPT Actually, your female Stormcast look more than fine - it's really, really cool. This also ties in to what @Turragor said about head-swapping upgrade packs from GW - it would be the easiest way for Stormcast armies.

Totally. It's an easy win for them. I live in fear that eventually they're going to reveal the first female SCE and it'll be a hero called something like the Lady-Celestina and she'll be wearing a figure-hugging gold dress and riding side-saddle on a dracoth with big eyelashes. A straightforward head swap pack would be so much smarter, because then if you want to decide that your helmeted SCEs are women then you can absolutely do that. The moment they establish a contrary precedent like 'actually, female SCEs have giant Sigmarite bras' then that gets more difficult.

Thunderbras or maybe stormcups

It doesn't matter what they're called they'll still do d3 Mortal wounds without needing a to hit roll.

It is also worth noting that GW don't do a male head upgrade sprue for Stormcast either, they do make other products which have male and female heads that one could use to make helmetless, and therefore gendered, Stormcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

It is also worth noting that GW don't do a male head upgrade sprue for Stormcast either, they do make other products which have male and female heads that one could use to make helmetless, and therefore gendered, Stormcast.

A Stormcast upgrade sprue that came with assorted conversion bits including male and female heads would be great. It could also potentially include some more helmet variants - there's a lot of potential there.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:23 AM, OlDirtyCosta said:

On page 13 of the SCE Battletome, it mentions the Daughters Draconia.  Could these be female Stormcast? I haven't noticed them before in any of the lore I have read.

God-Beasts mentions how the royal family of desert kingdom turned into stormcasts. ALL members, woman included.

Also, IIRC City of Secrets hada  female stormcast.

It would be great marketing. All the rules and units are tge same, just new miniatures in the stormcast style, just more slender and feminine than those golden bodybuilders.

- hammerettes of sigmar

- celestial lionesses

- dracothian valkyries

- silent treatment

- menstrual manifesto (khornate counter parts)

Not meant offensive ;-). I would welcome a more diverse miniature range, which wouldn't be sexist.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:26 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Thanks man. In a sea of white knights it's easy to feel alone!

For the record (in case someone from GW sees this #wishlisting) I'd like to point out that I would support that. I'd give 12 months of hobby gold for an army like that.

But, the fact that GW is a large enough company to enjoy the scrutiny of the plebs, press and social media would make it a very risky road to travel. Especially with the political climate we presently find ourselves in. Take the fadaise with the female characters in Blizzard's game Overwatch, as an example. I'm hoping I'm wrong; I'm hoping that Alarielle won't find herself utterly alone on the butt-kicking beauty throne.

I've had my eyes on TGG2 (see pics below) for about 6 months now - they're oh, so, so very slow with releases. How awesome would a SCE or Aelf army be with those models? Epicly so, that's how.

The rule of cool, and fun of my hobby (not other - more politically correct - peoples) far outweighs the right to play in official GW tourneys - for me. But, if GW made models as cool as these, I'd rather go with them, because AoS is such a great game, and I'd like to support them/us on their/our journey.

mounted_sce.jpg.561046291f81c902640360a1d2297a00.jpg

sisters_small.jpg.3a8d0f4717ab869a9de4f039084f3dc5.jpg

dark_elf.jpg.a692f83937c8b0c083df1c30b8fd5b07.jpg

Stormcast Eternals are first minis that made me spend my monies on GeeDubs product since... quite a long time actually, and I would gladly pay more to have female versions of them as well.

And I am not talking about unrealistically proportioned, large-breasted, scantily clad 'babes' out of a teenager's naive dream, no, I mean real warrior-women, combat-worthy and trained, who are increasingly common sight in modern day armies all over the world.

I am actually quite happy that they decided to include mentions of women being reforged as Stormcast from the onset of the new lore, pity they have not decided to go any further. Some day perhaps...

I love Female Stormcast Eternals. The argument of "Men are better warriors than women" its totally and biological acurate and thats the reason I have no problem with Space Marines being only men (And because thats the fluff), but Stormcast are SPIRITS build with MAGIC, his strenght has 0 to do with the formation and birth of a Stormcast. Thats the same reason why the "If Sigmar want the most efficient they will all have male bodies" Why? They are empowered with magic. Just see the Fireslayers!

I don't want bikini female Stormcast, but I don't want either the "they just are female behind the mask". As one said earlier in the post, I think that a more androgynous form, with less pects and a Helmet with a more feminine form can make the trick. 

Games Workshop should really stop assuming that female soldiers are a niche, you know. Other companies sell tons of it. Just respect the fluff! Is this unit of mixed sex? Then do it mixed! Thats it. If its not, then no.  You have the "Best models in the world". Can't you make female models? Obviously you can, just look at Arielle. They can do it, now the point is if the want to do it.

Jesus! Even Mantic can do it! Just look at his Enforcer Pathfinders.

Josh Reynolds new book is going to feature female stormcasts. GW have said they wear the same gear due to religious reasons the masks are meant to represent the "face" of sigmar. Also the strength argument falls flat on it's face due to the simple fact sigmar reforges them to have superhuman strength on the level of chaos warriors. It's the same case with female and male vampires. 

BLPROCESSED-Plague-Garden-Royal.jpg

4 minutes ago, Galas said:

Cool!

Now I have a question.

If the mask represents the face of Sigmar... why they haven't a metal beard?

Dunno maybe having the clear face is more imposing? Plus the helmet would be harder to put on if they shaped his beard on the helmet. :P

6 hours ago, shinros said:

Josh Reynolds new book is going to feature female stormcasts.

Interesting. Might be the first AoS novel that I'll buy then.

Regarding beardless faces. Maybe Old Siggie likes to appear clean-shaven for his poster photo shoot? :-)

5 hours ago, Slivarth said:

Regarding beardless faces. Maybe Old Siggie likes to appear clean-shaven for his poster photo shoot? :-)

Well he does human servants running around his palace and loads of art in his hall as well. 

6 hours ago, Slivarth said:

Yup, if you read the previous books about Tornus and Grymn the irony going on here is great. xD

https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/black-library-live-coming-soon-age-of-sigmar/#_=_

Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden by Josh Reynolds
This will feature the Hallowed Knights Stormcast chamber heading to the realm of Nurgle, kicking ass and taking names. It was pitched as being the beginning of a new wave of Age of Sigmar books.

Josh: “Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden takes place after the Season of War campaign and the All-Gates game book. It follows Gardus and the Steel Souls warrior chamber as they invade the realm of Nurgle in order to rescue Lord-Castellant Grymn from the Plague God and his followers. Tornus the Redeemed (formerly Torglug the Despised) is a major character, as is Gutrot Spume. And while it follows the Steel Souls, it’s very much a Hallowed Knights book – it’ll explore some of the Stormhost’s culture, their way of honouring the dead, of keeping their memories of mortal life intact, etc. It’s also a book about redemption and faith, and how those things aren’t necessarily seen in the same way by all of the Hallowed Knights. The Stormhost is made up of the Faithful – but that can mean a lot of different things. Also – female Stormcasts. Far as I know, this’ll be the first book to mention them.”

Archived