Bloodbound 1000 points

Vissah

Hey everyone I got a quick question.

Building my 1000 points army and so far I got 

Lord on Juggernaut
Bloodsecrator 
2x10 Blood Warriors

I am looking at adding Skullreapers and then that leaves me with 200 points. 
What to take for these 200 points?
I  looking into another unit of Blood Warriors, I love the models but might be boring have the same squad three times, or 20 Bloodletters. Always wanted Deamon allies in my old Fantasy army but never had the chance for that.

So what would be a better way to spend 200 points and should I go for Deamon Weapons on the Reapers or just keep them standard?

Thanks for the help.

Khorne armies thrive on buffs so you may want to look at a hero or two as you don't have much at the moment.

A slaughter priest is always a good addition. 16 inch mortal would prayer, unbind  and the ability to pull enemy units gives you some useful options. He is one of my favourites and keeping him with the bloodsecrator creates a nasty anti magic bubble.

bloodstoker can be helpful to get your squads into combat faster and to keep up with the lord so he is not isolated. Your troops are going to get shot a lot while they plod across the field so getting them there is a must. Perhaps Sayl may be more fun here with his teleport.

mighty lord is an interesting addition. He has a chance to one shot anything and can unbind (unlimited if I recall). Some may argue he is the better general.

If you have access to the battalions in the battle tome it is worth reading them and building one as they will have good buffs. I don't have access right now so can't advise.

regardkng the reapers usual advice is to add the demon weapon. Or build them as wrathmongers.

9 hours ago, Vissah said:

Thanks for the big reply it is really helpfully.

I will take a look at all the units you talked about and see what I can do ?

You are welcome!

there will be plenty of other threads on a similar topic, so plenty more advice on here.

do feel free to share your thoughts on how you build the list

Skullreapers are nuts in small battle. With a bloodstocker and daemonblade, they can hurt anything, are solid enough to not being killed by massive power, and utterly destroyed the "big" units of 20-30 guys. 

I'm a huge fan of Blood Warriors - currently working on another unit of ten which would bring me up to 25 in total.  One thing that I've found is that you can never have enough "feet on the ground" in AoS, especially in some scenarios you claim objectives based on the number of models within a set distance.

@Praecautus is right in saying that we have a huge number of Heroes to pick from and the Slaughterpriest is quite tasty, though Bloodstoker's provide a very tasty buff.

I'd be tempted to slide in a unit of Bloodletters and a Slaughterpriest/Bloodstoker, possibly even reducing the number of Blood Warriors to 15 and having 20 Bloodletters.  At 1000 points, Bloodletters can be brutal and through out a decent number of mortal wounds.

I have found the Aspiring Deathbringer to be the best general overall. Due to his points cost he would free up some points in your list (enough for 10 blood reavers, actually :D ) and the buff he provides is amazing value.

1 hour ago, ADDriot said:

I have found the Aspiring Deathbringer to be the best general overall. Due to his points cost he would free up some points in your list (enough for 10 blood reavers, actually :D ) and the buff he provides is amazing value.

At 1000 points he can be worth it, I have not used him yet, but keep thinking about the impact he would have on the Exalted Deathbringer and Skullgrinder - combined with the buffs of the Bloodsecrator and a unit of Wrathmongers - I think this is a total of 8 attacks (-1 rend/2 dam) for Exalted deathbringer (with ruinous axe, it would be 10 for the impaling spear variety [-1 rend/1 dam]) and 5 attacks (-1 rend/3 dam) for the Skullgrinder.* Once this team was in combat I don't think many units would enjoy it. Maybe with a screen of reavers or marauders ahead to soak up/tie up any units.

I fancy trying it for a laugh, although I think its success would depend on the scenario; gaining and holding objectives would be tricky but as a 'special forces' killteam sent to free a prisoner/assassinate a leader ie a job where it needs to get in, do a job and survival is secondary, it could work.

On the downside, limited antimagic and no range options

Khorne has too many heroes with fun stuff, :) that sense goes out the window

*I believe I have added this up right, but don't judge me if I am wrong :) +1 for buff, +2 for the bloodied lieutenant, +1 for bloodsecrator and +1 from wrathmongers.

Archived