2017 Rankings - End of Season update Page 2

Chris Tomlin

Take something harder!  Changeling icon already yours so time for some chump bashing! 

Congrats to all my fellow Doggers.  Worked out there's 155 tournie appearances been put in this year between us so great showing on the scene and been some great moments.  Let's aim for 200 for 2018!   

Good luck to those who have made the masters and the Doggers masters.  A win at   The latter event earns more bragging rights though ?

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Paul Buckler said:

Really impresed with us having 9 out of top 40 players, with only a couple of events left in the calendar.

Looking forward to seeing what eveyone brings to the table for the clash of the titans!  Undecided if I stick to my off the wall lists of the year, or take something harder.

Go hardcore! Dogfather becomes Dogmaster!

Just to elaborate on @Forestreveries update, here are the current standings with icons etc. Please note that these are from the Rankings season from 09/12/16;

11 - Ricky Mee
13 - Laurie Huggett-Wilde
--------------------------------------------------------
21 - Tom Hutchings
24 - Matt Lyons
25 - Chris Tomlin - Best in Faction; Ironjawz
27 - Mike Wilson
31 - Andy Talbot
33 - Paul Buckler - Best in Faction; Wanderers / Marco Columbo; Most Tournaments Played / The Changeling; Most Different Armies Played
39 - Aaron Bailey
------------------------------------------------------------
77 - Ben Diesel
97 - Dominic Hook
107 - Richard Morley
109 - Matt Clarke (3)
110 - Adam Petford
141 - Gary Hennessey
142 - James Eveleigh
149 - Jan Proudley (2)
154 - Steven Phillips
183 - Richard Buckler (2)
188 - Jenny Lyons
190 - Will Philpott
195 - Tom Hewitt
208 - Wayne Holt (2)
252 - Paul Petford (2)
360 - Amy Clarke (1)
422 - David Fulbrook (1)

• 1 month later...

This looks like the final standings of the year. with just 2 weeks left.  Lots of Red for this as there was a drop off in attendance of the final 2 big events.  Still an amazing result overall. 8 of the top 40, players(20%!).  Lots of the guys around the 100 mark as well.  Honetstly the best level of play this year in AOS, you needed 350 plus to get in top 16, increadible. 

Big thanks to all the club gamers who have been around the scene this year, its been so much fun.

Looking at several names to push on next year,  if they can attend enough events.

16 - Ricky Mee
--------------------------------------------------------
21 - Laurie Huggett-Wilde
26 - Tom Hutchings
29 - Matt Lyons - Best in Faction; Nurgle
30 - Chris Tomlin - Best in Faction; Ironjawz
32 - Mike Wilson
37 - Andy Talbot
40 - Paul Buckler - Best in Faction; Wanderers / Marco Columbo; Most Tournaments Played / The Changeling; Most Different Armies Played
46 - Aaron Bailey
------------------------------------------------------------
81 - Ben Diesel
107 - Dominic Hook
114 - Richard Buckler (3)
117 - Richard Morley
118 - Matt Clarke (3)
119 - Adam Petford
152 - Gary Hennessey
153 - James Eveleigh
163 - Steven Phillips
164 -Jan Proudley (2)
206 - Jenny Lyons
210 - Will Philpott
214 - Tom Hewitt
229 - Wayne Holt (2)
284 - Paul Petford (2)
412 - Amy Clarke (1)
480 - David Fulbrook (1)

10 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Shouldn't these things calculate ELO, rather than awarding higher scores to those playing the most tournaments? 

[talking about the national rankings and their underlying scores]

Once people hit 4 tournaments, the number attended is somewhat irrelevant. I have noted above when people have played less than 4 though as this is important.

Basically the rankings take into account just your 4 best placings over the season. So whilst attending many more than that gives you additional chances to place better, someone playing only 4 events could be way higher than someone who has played 10 (there will be examples of this within the rankings I'm sure).

Hopefully that makes sense, not sure I've worded it very well.

1 minute ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Once people hit 4 tournaments, the number attended is somewhat irrelevant. I have noted above when people have played less than 4 though as this is important.

Basically the rankings take into account just your 4 best placings over the season. So whilst attending many more than that gives you additional chances to place better, someone playing only 4 events could be way higher than someone who has played 10 (there will be examples of this within the rankings I'm sure).

Hopefully that makes sense, not sure I've worded it very well.

Thanks for the clarity Chris. I just obsess about this stuff due to my job. In fact I think all this could be a good study to give a student in terms of data collection, study design, and evidence generation. 

Archived