Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unofficial Bretonnian Battletome  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would a full unofficial Bretonnian Battletome for AoS interest you?

• Yes! I have something to offer for this project so i will notify you!
    • Yes! I would love to see this and really hope it gets done!
    • Sure, hope it happens.
    • Nah, too complicated...
    • No I am fine with things as they are.
    • NO! DEATH TO THE LADY!

I think as long as there are people willing to work on it, the project does not need to stop. I do not know how large the original team was, or how many are still onboard but there seems to be at least two people still around.

if anyone decides to continue the project, I would like to help.

C'mon knights, let's rally and push forward!

The Knights will ride the realm now and forever. I have full faith in the strength of this community

I know this is a pretty dead thread, but hopefully theres some response

I have a decent amount of expierence in game and systems design for tabletop and roleplaying games (no major ones unfortunately). Im about halfway done with a Wanderers 2.0 battletome for my personal game group, and I recently got interested in the idea of a "Forgotten Peoples" collection of mini-battletomes providing updated rules and warscrolls for TK/Brets/Wanderers/etc. With all of 2020 being what it is, keeping a project like this going would be a nice time sink for me and others. 

2 caveats about my "design beliefs" A) when designing for an existing system I try to stay as close to the actual creators intent as possible. Tweaks only wherever that is possible. and B) I would err on the side of weak for any unofficial content. It makes it a much easier sell as people will be more cautious of it regardless of actual power level.

If there is interest I would love to get some initial "must haves" for Brettonnia 

• Like 3

On 3/4/2017 at 1:44 PM, henin said:

Thank you. I feel like Bretonnia Had so much potential for new cool and original content/lore/rules unique to them but they never had a chance.

After reading some more I read that during the end times the lady had a sort of realm where she created specifically for the brets and in the apocolypse she had her daughter bring all the remaining brets to her new created realm and saved what was left of Bretonnia. I feel this is one key part in Lore that can help forge this Battletome background.

On the conversation of the King. It seems he did "die" but that is not a problem the way I see it, if we are going to try to stick with lore as best as we could. I am merely brainstorming here so other ideas and opinions are welcome. The same way TK solved the problem of "Settra is Incapacitated" issue, I think can be done for the Brets and their king. By name, it will be the "next king" or a viable replacement for the lore but the rules will be literally the same because rulewise it is still the original king. As shown here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IzQocsfEp_WXFPbXFFVXNHVG8/view

just an Idea anyway to get things going and maybe get people enticed and understand what We might be going for this project.

Hope That I get someone to join the team soon. If I might ask someone to help me in the right direction to spread the word on the Brets main forum, where to post it there, please do!

Lorewise, the next King would be one of Louen’s grandchildren(his heir, Jasperre Le Beau, was a confirmed end times casualty, but he Likely had several children via his wife, Louen’s daughter Isabeau). The correct Heraldry for whom would be a crowned gold dragon with a quartered field of yellow over white on the < side, and on the > side red over blue(or crowned gold dragon over a split yellow and red field). There is no mention of Jasperre having children, but the possibility of that is a viable story to go into.

also, while the first Lilleath did die, she did so after having granted 95% of her power(guessing, i know it was most of her power) to her daughter and naming her the new Lilleath. The current lady of the lake is now running her own realm as part of a trinity of deities(her, Gilles, and Louen). Additionally, there are a lot of lore friendly opportunities for new units in the realm of dreams(Lilleath was the elven goddess of dreams and prophecy, so she was more prepared than most for end times), for example all dead grail knights were resurrected, then all grail knights were made into demigods(sort of like stormcast eternals are kinda like demigods), all questing knights were turned into new, non demideified grail knights. So the current knight rankings would be squire->errant knight->knight of the realm->questing knight->grail knight->Paladins of the lady( Last one is my idea, not a lore thing). 
you could also bring the lost sons of Bretonnia into this, as either magic cavalry or as a light cav with anti-magic properties

Posted (edited)
On 9/20/2020 at 5:25 AM, cyberhawk94 said:

I know this is a pretty dead thread, but hopefully theres some response

I have a decent amount of expierence in game and systems design for tabletop and roleplaying games (no major ones unfortunately). Im about halfway done with a Wanderers 2.0 battletome for my personal game group, and I recently got interested in the idea of a "Forgotten Peoples" collection of mini-battletomes providing updated rules and warscrolls for TK/Brets/Wanderers/etc. With all of 2020 being what it is, keeping a project like this going would be a nice time sink for me and others. 

2 caveats about my "design beliefs" A) when designing for an existing system I try to stay as close to the actual creators intent as possible. Tweaks only wherever that is possible. and B) I would err on the side of weak for any unofficial content. It makes it a much easier sell as people will be more cautious of it regardless of actual power level.

If there is interest I would love to get some initial "must haves" for Brettonnia 

The state Bretonnians were in at the end of End Times was very different from how they were before so I think a Breton faction in AOS would be unlike the Bretons we know.

Every grail knight ever turned into an immortal demigod knight protecting the pocket world, even characters such as Landuin who was known as the greatest knight back when Gilles was alive. Sons of Breton were supposed to be called forth only when they were really needed but they didn't appear in End Times, so saying they were in reserves for the future protection of the pocket realm would be decent enough explanation. The pocket world was created for elves technically and if I remember right, at the end both some elves and some bretons were brought there. And also, Lady was dead.

In short, a rational continuation of Bretons in AOS should be a new faction altogether.

But since you called them "mini-battletomes" I guess you wouldn't want to go too deep into creating new lore. I assume the goal is making Breton models function as a playable faction in AOS games. So old Breton models with new rules. If that is so then Bretons basically have three themes: Charging cavalry, chivalry and The Lady.

Three allegiance abilities built around these three would be my "must haves".

Basic ideas for three abilities:

1: When a knight hero finishes its charge move next to an enemy unit, any knight units that also end their charge moves next to the same enemy unit get bonuses.

2: Any knight hero (and maybe knight units) attacking an enemy hero or monster get bonuses.

3: All units have some defensive bonus that is lost when that unit retreats.

Bonus point: There are many foot knight models in the market and many old Breton players got some, so rules for foot knights would be a "near-must-have".

Edited by Zeroken