Seraphon 1000p, friend in need of help!

Kimbo

My friend just said He would give AoS a chance and fell inlove with the lizards

Im looking for a good 1000p list to start with that He can expand from later. And tips?

And a question i have. Are the seraphon bad? I barley see any posts about them ?

Based on suggestions in similar posts I've seen and playing seraphon last night (my friend has almost every unit painted - I spent hours trying to build a list for our game), I would suggest:

1.  pick a battalion with models he likes the best - most besides the monsters battalion  can be done for around 500 points.  

2. Add Bastillidon at 300 pts and something to complement the battalion or that he really wants to paInt.

That said, the Shadowstrike Starhost is a great choice for 1,000 pt army because it has the most fun tactical options - it is ripperdactycls that can alpha strike anywhere on board, chameleons that can disappear and reappear in different terrain (like teleporting), and skinks can get some mass of numbers cheap and have a runaway shenanigan ability. And their Skink Starseer leader gets fun dice re-rolling abilities.  Bastillidon gives range, a hard target and some decent combat. 

Eternity Starhost was good too but much simpler - 3 units of Saurus Guard wrapped around their Saurus Eternity Warden leader. So, not sure this is great for 1,000 pt game, depending on the mission and objectives.

I'm biased toward battalions because they're fun and their bonuses seem particularly useful for balancing the seeming power creep of more recently updated factions compared to the seraphon.

I reckon I would buy the starter set (540pt) and add onto that. It's great value for money, gives you a great looking centre piece model and you'll spend long enough painting them to decide what you will add. Also buy the book as it has great art work and the battalions to get you inspired. 

But even more honest. I would buy the starter set because of the value and then just buy whatever I think looks cool xD

Archived