3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Greatbows
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Greatbows

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Total: 2000/2000

Any feedback on what list you guys feel would be better and why would be greatly appreciated! Also any edits to the lists to make them better are also welcome!!

Thanks very much

2 branchwych's - 1 to be the gnarlroot one with throne of vines (wrong spell on it) the other to be the acorn holder to plant it - that way i get the benefit to bringing back models using the ToV and still get to have the acorn one go off on its own on a flank if needs be to plant the seed and disrupt with its spell

I get what you mean with the dryads, it's always a toss up between 10 dryads or 5 revenants but I find this composition works best for me (i know it's a bit of a personal preference)

Finally with the briarsheath, there's lots of stuff that can deal mortal wounds at range with the new tzeentch book coming out and with the new stormcast stuff there's some nasty rends kicking around - i just feel that the 3+ rerolling 1s is fine for the ancient as he has regrowth and more than likely will have mystic shield when needed with gnarlroot wizards casting 2 spells

Thanks again for your reply, would love to have a discussion on my opinions so if you have any further criticism on what i've said i'd love to hear it!

List 1 is certainly good and popular, its a balanced list that can be used against anything. The points spent on Free Spirits keeps your units relative all game, at the cost of an Order Wizard (as i think they roughly occupy the same spot for points, unless you drop some bows). I'm a big fan of a Loremaster to make Durthu super reliable.

List 2 has a slight weakness to Three Places of Power, but is progressive and avoids dumping all those points in Durthu and his low wound count. There are certainly pros and cons to your second Wych - you get the extra spell cast from her, but it is worth considering a Battlemage with lifesurge to keep a unit topped up, or a Sorceress for a debuff that stacks with Briarsheath.

I agree with your current assessment of the meta and mortal wounds. You're either better off using distance/threat or just not being on the board right now - one of the reasons i'd say 6 Scythe Hunters are a better option for sticking around. Having said all that i'm using Durthu because i love the model, but do want to try Scythes in his stead. I've switched to Briarsheath on my Ancient and much prefer it (currently using Gift of Ghyran though, so that he can Regrowth others and not be so selfish). I am keeping Oaken Armour with Durthu for now, as he's always in the thick of fighting. 

Good luck!

Archived