Strongest Hero?

57 minutes ago, Celestant651 said:

What do you think is the strongest unit?. Celestant on Stardrake? Archaon? Nagash? Screaming Bell

This made me laught. ?

If you just set them up by them self and play a game with normal rules. Probably Archaon (with Tzeentch allegiance).

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Mighty Lord of Khorne. Can one-bang anything in the game on a 5+ if you're lucky.

Failing that, Settra, for single-handedly making Deathrattle viable.

If we're talking potential one-hit-kills, I think Arkhan with Curse of Years deserves a mention — he can potentially kill any unit (not just model) in the game, from 24" away.

Admittedly, the odds of him doing that are quite slim…

1 minute ago, Squirrelmaster said:

If we're talking potential one-hit-kills, I think Arkhan with Curse of Years deserves a mention — he can potentially kill any unit (not just model) in the game, from 24" away.

They are on average the same of rolling a 6 on a d6. Slim but not so much slim.

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

This made me laught. ?

If you just set them up by them self and play a game with normal rules. Probably Archaon (with Tzeentch allegiance).

I assume you mean with no summoning, otherwise I think it's between Nagash and a Lord of Change, depending on who gets first turn and how big the table is (and whether anyone really has a hundred-odd Lords of Change to chain summon).

2 hours ago, Squirrelmaster said:

To be honest, if you roll a 13 on the screaming bell you win the game. So my money is on a cheating skaven player. 

I think you might need to narrow the field a little bit.

Perhaps a few choice scenarios.

How about each unit starting at 6 inches away with a 50/50 chance of who starts first with no outside interference.

Because ive seen Tyrion take down Nagash in this scenario which proberbly wouldnt hav ehappened at range.

So really depends.

17 hours ago, Celestant651 said:

What do you think is the strongest unit?. Celestant on Stardrake? Archaon? Nagash? Screaming Bell? 

Are you planning to break this forum, or start a riot, better yet go to a comic store and ask "who is the best super hero" :D

Joking a side it is hard to tell who is the strongest as the game is complex and you can make lots of combos and interactions with units.

51 minutes ago, Durant said:

Are you planning to break this forum, or start a riot, better yet go to a comic store and ask "who is the best super hero" :D

Joking a side it is hard to tell who is the strongest as the game is complex and you can make lots of combos and interactions with units.

Yeah, I would agree that there are so many potential interactions between different heroes and performance in different scenarios I don't know that a definitive answer is possible.

For example, a Lord-Celestant on foot is... ok. But run him with a unit of Retributors and suddenly he is a massively important part of how strong the Retributors are. Similarly Nagash in true open play is all but unstoppable with his summoning skills, but in matched play is ok.

Still, I think that if we really assess our feelings and consider all things it is clear that there is one character who is clearly the most useful in the most situations. KRAGGI! :P

A lord veritant with the right item buffed by a lord celestant (as a general) and the good prayer can reach 5 (6 against chaos) attacks 2+/3+/-1/2 with each 5 and 6 to hit making another attack

for 120 pts

hell yeah

A lord veritant with the right item buffed by a lord celestant (as a general) and the good prayer can reach 5 (6 against chaos) attacks 2+/3+/-1/2 with each 5 and 6 to hit making another attack

for 120 pts

hell yeah

A skullgrinder with the chaos runesword and the right buffs can get 6 attacks with 2+ to hit 2+ re-rolling ones to wound -1 rend 3 damage attack

And if that manages to slay a hero or monster he blood blesses all friendly Khorne mortals within 8 inches so that a 4 or more to hit rolls to wound twice for the rest of the game.

He costs 80 points and buffs the bravery of other Khorne mortals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordrakk is the king of damage, he narrowly beats out a Stonelord (with Battle Brew) on the charge vs a 4+ save. If he buffs himself with the Command Ability or is against any kind of hero (let alone a Wizard), then his damage is huge. However, his base size and 700 point cost and the loss of the best Battalions for using him with make him pretty dubious in matched play.

37 minutes ago, TrexPushups said:

A skullgrinder with the chaos runesword and the right buffs can get 6 attacks with 2+ to hit 2+ re-rolling ones to wound -1 rend 3 damage attack

And if that manages to slay a hero or monster he blood blesses all friendly Khorne mortals within 8 inches so that a 4 or more to hit rolls to wound twice for the rest of the game.

He costs 80 points and buffs the bravery of other Khorne mortals.

yeah, but how many points do you need to give him all those buffs ?

yeah, but how many points do you need to give him all those buffs ?

120 bloodsecrator
80 Aspiring deathbringer general (could be a second bloodsecrator) lord of war
180 unit of wrathmongers

So 380 points and they are still buffing the rest of your army.

Archived