2000 point Competative Ironjawz List

Voc

So, I'm looking to expand my Ironjawz to a competitive 2k list but I'm not 100% convinced that a pure Ironjawz list would be efficient due to the lack of ability to inflict/resist mortal wounds and model count.  

The list I think will be most efficient is below.  I chosen this to maximize speed and the characters unit buff abilities over the classic cabbage option you see out there.

Leaders

Orruk Megaboss (140) Battle Brew & Ravager

Orruk Megaboss (140) Gem of Seeing

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline

20 x Orruk ‘Ardboys (360)

10 x Orruk-forged Big Choppa’s & 9 x Orruk-forged Choppas & Smashas

10 x Orruk ‘Ardboys (180)

9 x Orruk-forged Choppas & Smashas

10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha, 2 x Gore-Choppas, 5 x Jagged Gore-Hacka’s & 2 x Two Brute Choppas

10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha, 2 x Gore-Choppas, 5 x Jagged Gore-Hacka’s & 2 x Two Brute Choppas

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

3 x Two Brute Choppas, Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha & 1 x Gore-Choppas

Battalion

Ironfist (60)

Input would be great.  Clearly it lacks shooting & numbers but as I don't have experience in playing 2k games I am unsure if this is such a disadvantage considering the units damage output...

3 hours ago, Voc said:

So, I'm looking to expand my Ironjawz to a competitive 2k list but I'm not 100% convinced that a pure Ironjawz list would be efficient due to the lack of ability to inflict/resist mortal wounds and model count.  

The list I think will be most efficient is below.  I chosen this to maximize speed and the characters unit buff abilities over the classic cabbage option you see out there.

Leaders

Orruk Megaboss (140) Battle Brew & Ravager

Orruk Megaboss (140) Gem of Seeing

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline

20 x Orruk ‘Ardboys (360)

10 x Orruk-forged Big Choppa’s & 9 x Orruk-forged Choppas & Smashas

10 x Orruk ‘Ardboys (180)

9 x Orruk-forged Choppas & Smashas

10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

3 x Two Brute Choppas, Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha & 1 x Gore-Choppas

Battalion

Ironfist (60)

Input would be great.  Clearly it lacks shooting & numbers but as I don't have experience in playing 2k games I am unsure if this is such a disadvantage considering the units damage output...

You can have 1 boss per unit, so unit of 10 gets 1 boss. You can have 1 gore choppas per 5 brutes. You can have the rest in the unit as jagged gore hackas or 2 brute choppas. You can't mix and match though. 

I wouldn't run two units of 10 either due to battleshock being an issue. One big unit and the rest in small units will likely get you further. Rest looks ok. 

Thanks guys, 

Yeah just the one Boss in each Brute unit armed with the Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha.  I've just reread the Description of the unit; bummer you can't mix and match those melee weapons!  Cool I may well start working towards this and run smaller units instead of two 10mans.

Do you think it's worth mixing Ironjawz with grots and Beastclaw Raiders?

34 minutes ago, Voc said:

Do you think it's worth mixing Ironjawz with grots and Beastclaw Raiders?

If you do then you will immediately have to find 3 battleline units from somewhere. The Ironjawz units are specifically Ironjawz battleline, rather than Destruction battleline (surely Ardboyz need to be generic).

Once you find these three then you could start experimenting with the other Destruction factions.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...