Pure BCR (Beastclaw Raiders) 1k Tournament

SySt3m_3rr0r

Hi Guys.

I'm trying to build an 1k pure BCR Tournament List.

I ended up like this:

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- General
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (200)
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline (Frostlord on Thundertusk General)

Units

Total: 1000/2000

do you have some advices?

I have some thoughts but I'm wondering what your reasoning for the units you chose were?

I'm not trying to be rude I just don't want to give advice that sounds like 'change this unit, get rid of that unit' when maybe that isn't realistic based on the models you own or the timeline you are on.

The first easy target I see is one of the Huskard, 680 points is way to much invested in leaders for a 1k game. You could drop one, get a hunter so you have some flexibility on 3 places of power and have 240 left to round out your army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The army is actually not legal. Icefall Yhetees are only battleline if you have a Frostlord on Thundertusk as your general, which you don't. BCR are kind of tricky to build at 1000 points I think, since most things are so expensive. The best one I've seen was:

Frostlord on Stonehorn 460
Thundertusk Beastriders 320
Mournfang Pack 200

It adds up to 980 points. The Frostlord will be your general and go with Battle Brew. Another, more interesting version could be:

Frostlord on Stonehorn 460
Icebrow Hunter 160
Mournfang Pack 200
Frost Sabres 60
Frost Sabres 60
Skal Battalion 60

In this one, the Hunter will be your general, so that Frost Sabres become battleline. You get a lot of tactical flexibility with the Skal formation, and an extra artifact to play around with.

My first thought was about whether you were interested in Major Victories - this list looks like a kill list. You literally can't win Major in Take and Hold - you need 10 models for that. Everything else, objectives will be tricky to say the least. If elimination is your plan, though, you might have a good chance (if you end up making the list legal like a previous poster mentioned).

Pure BCR is hard at 1k. 

Archived