Stormcast Eternals Heroes Builds

Heksagon

Hi guys and girls ;)

Our beautiful battletome came out and now we have some great options for our heroes. Blades, armours, traits, lights, prays... a lot of stuff.

Do you have any interesting ideas/builds for Stormcast leaders? 

My first idea on super tanky LCON

I_985kiz-G0NAq9ZqlgJ5u-jTD9ApMOfZkrYujZA

Any creative ideas on Azyros or Venator? It's a good time to think about them because of Aetherstrike battalion ;).

And what about Celestant-Prime? He can't have any artifacts, but maybe there is some special use for him thanks to new battalions?

For me the Knight Venator has to love the Luckstone! Seriously. Star Fated arrow more assured. I nearly always miss it, fluff the wound roll or roll 1 for damage.

For your LCoD tank I would consider the obsidian amulet. Against some armies it might be really handy but against others it might just be against a smattering of mortal wounds from arcane bolts.

The spellshield might also be interesting. Is it easier to unbind than to roll a flat 4 plus? I guess it depends. What if the mage is targetting a unit near the LCoD?

If you forget spells then you are free to take something like Armour of Destiny (multiple ward saves?) or the drakescale armour to tie in with drake kin.

22 minutes ago, Turragor said:

For your LCoD tank I would consider the obsidian amulet. Against some armies it might be really handy but against others it might just be against a smattering of mortal wounds from arcane bolts.

I love the idea of getting Obsidian Amulet, because I quite often play against Death (Nagash and Arkhan incuded).

It's nearly impossible to undind their spells- especially thanks to the Arkhans spell range. 
Aaaand you have a chance to avoid Hand of Dust too ;).

Luckstone on Venator sounds solid. I have a bad luck with him (I mean... I missed every single star-fated arrow), so this artifact could be really useful for me. :D

Lord Veritant with these have been very fun for me as he's my favorite character.

• Shriving Light
  • God-King's Aspect 

If he's the general I also take Staunch Defender.

Alternatively in small point games at 500-700, I take him as a General with

• Champion of the Realm
  • Hammer of Might
  • Bless Weapons

He becomes a hot blooded heresy seeking murder slot machine.....half the time.

5 minutes ago, Knight-Errant said:

I used the luck stone yesterday, twice (two games). Murdered a Warboss and failed the other....... rolled 1 to hit  (used luckstone) and 1 to wound....

Nevertheless the first murder was an epic first turn first dice roll murder.

In my opinion the best thing about luckstone is its ability to be used on the damage roll too. Imagine managing to make the hit/wound roll and do maximum damage to the target!!

Also I got an idea... if one uses the bless weapons prayer on the Venator and you use the luckstone to roll a 6 doesn't that mean that you'll get another starfated arrow shot? 

I have been looking into a Lord Celestant on a Stardrake with a sword.

Consummate commander with a LCoF for the two bonuses.

Then have a hammer of might to do double damage on 6, and a bless weapon prayer to get another attack on a six.

It will take a lot of luck but if it goes off it will destroy things   

1 hour ago, Azure Guardian said:

I have been looking into a Lord Celestant on a Stardrake with a sword.

Consummate commander with a LCoF for the two bonuses.

Then have a hammer of might to do double damage on 6, and a bless weapon prayer to get another attack on a six.

It will take a lot of luck but if it goes off it will destroy things   

The stormbound blade really benefits from extra attacks I think. I do like the idea of double damage on a 6 to wound too.

But 6s to hit generate 3 wound rolls. So if you've 5 (say command trait and weapon) you're almost guaranteed 5-6 wound rolls. Then you hit the ugly to wound roll (4+ whaaa).

I am trying to think of the best way to boost him too. Really stack the attacks.

I've considered:

All the weapon artefacts have potential but Strife Ender is maybe the best (extra nice v chaos)

Champion of the Realms comand trait

Then also external sources:

Fury Brand

Tempest Lord Battalion "Take your Tally" bonus

Tempest Lord Battalion command trait "The strike inspired" (admittedly at the cost of 1 attack from a command trait but it gives you a hit and wound reroll which is maybe crucial)

Celestial Vindicators Command ability "Speak with your Swords" <- I am not sure this works?

Astral Templars (perhaps in combination with Blade of Heroes)

Blessed weapon

Lord Celestant command ability

I'm yet to decide or test which is best.

The Dracoth Lord getting +1 to his save and giving that to all his Dracothian Guard is utterly brilliant. A 2+ save re-rolling 1s. You can combine that with any number of additional benefits to make him even more tanky – either -1 to hit in combat, -2 vs shooting, re-rolls on his save vs high damage. 

i don't think you can use the reroll. The reroll is save roll, the trait protected by the faith don't give you a 5+ invulnerable save, but the ability to "ignore the wound" on 5+  (same for the enchanted armor i guess)

On 2/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, Knight-Errant said:

So if i got a LCoD within 3'' of 2 more units and Knights Excelsior exemplar chamber, do i get MW if i save 1s and 2s or just for 1s?

Maybe irrelevant in this thread but still.....same for LCoSD.

I don't think you actually get the reroll on 2s for the LCoSD he holds a Sigmarite Thundershield and the battalion says re roll 2s if unit is holding a Sigmarite Shield, which is the exact name of the shields on the Liberators and Prosecutors. 

Though I could be wrong on this.  

On 26/02/2017 at 6:11 PM, Grailstorm said:

The Dracoth Lord getting +1 to his save and giving that to all his Dracothian Guard is utterly brilliant. A 2+ save re-rolling 1s. You can combine that with any number of additional benefits to make him even more tanky – either -1 to hit in combat, -2 vs shooting, re-rolls on his save vs high damage. 

How's this work? Giving his bonus to the dracothian guard? 

12 hours ago, Votters said:

I don't think you actually get the reroll on 2s for the LCoSD he holds a Sigmarite Thundershield and the battalion says re roll 2s if unit is holding a Sigmarite Shield, which is the exact name of the shields on the Liberators and Prosecutors. 

Though I could be wrong on this.  

Nope, makes perfect sense.Also Dracothian Guard use Sigmarite Shields :)

The build I've been using in the last couple games for LCoD:

Tempestos Hammer and Thundershield
Strife Ender
Dracoth Trait-Pack Hunter
Staunch Defender Trait
Riding along with 2 fulminators

3+1+D3 attacks on the charge with hammer and 5 attacks with dracoth fangs if fulminators nearby
he does a ton of damage on the charge, and staunch defender helps in prolonged combat, if the situation occurs

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

WOOT!

I failed to see this. (reconsider bataillon)

well, with the cost of a devastation brotherhood + 2 other battleline, you'll never be able to have lot of dracoth with it anyway...

4 hours ago, LaborerDNA said:

The build I've been using in the last couple games for LCoD:

Tempestos Hammer and Thundershield
Strife Ender
Dracoth Trait-Pack Hunter
Staunch Defender Trait
Riding along with 2 fulminators

3+1+D3 attacks on the charge with hammer and 5 attacks with dracoth fangs if fulminators nearby
he does a ton of damage on the charge, and staunch defender helps in prolonged combat, if the situation occurs

We had a 500 pt (slow grow) league month at my local store, and I took this exact setup plus a gryphhound.  I beat everyone in the league (around 8 games), and I'm having to change up the list for the 750 point month.  Would have been to easy to add another LCOD or 2 fulminators to make it a day.

12 hours ago, ledha said:

well, with the cost of a devastation brotherhood + 2 other battleline, you'll never be able to have lot of dracoth with it anyway...

Well, you only need 1 devastation brotherhood to get the battalion , then you may add 2 more devastation brotherhoods and 1 lord of the storm.

They key to these is "Any number of additional STORMCAST ETERNALS units" .

That is 1k points for devastation bros including Excelsior.Add 3-4 battle line ->1400 plus 2-4 heroes->1700-1800 add Concussors-> 2360-2460 which imho is perfect for 2.5k game (and thats 4 dracoths). Then again , how many are a lot?

On 01/03/2017 at 2:40 PM, Turragor said:

How's this work? Giving his bonus to the dracothian guard? 

The staunch defender ability gives +1 to the save of him and all units within 6 inches as long as they haven't charged. That's a lot of the time, and +1 to Dracoth with their innate re-roll is SO hard to get through.

Archived