Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Druchiilord94

Daemons of Tzeench is a greater daemon mandatory?

So picked up the start collecting box yesterday primarily for 40k but combined with the current daemons I have (which is quite tzeench heavy) i can do a pure tzeench list however I'm wondering is the LoC mandatory or can a prince do the same job?

Prince and LoC are completely different for what they do. Daemon Prince is about 1/2 the points to represent this.

But LoC is by no means necessary. He is good, and the Best Tzeentch caster, also gives other nearby Daemon Casters +1 to casting rolls. His spell is quite good too.

However if you're only starting Daemons, I would just build what you have and play with it. If I recall, LoC is also a 40K Daemon, so if you wanted to eventually build one up, you could use it in both games.

Just consider this, if you're expanding your Tzeentch forces in Age of Sigmar, the Arcanites/Mortals factions of Tzeentch are not playable in 40K. (Those factions are mostly chaos-style knights, and beastmen).

I also wouldn't recommend buying a LoC kit when you have an entire start collecting box to assemble and paint.

Actually, Tzaangors are in 40K (at least the foot variant). And Kairic Acolytes could make some decent melee oriented cultists.

Thanks guys

I do already play daemons in  40k as one of several armies I own. I was asking about pyre tzeench because I've never ran it in AoS only ever in support to my khorne mortals Arny.

The lord of change while a nice model looks like it'd be a nightmare for me to transport depending on how big it is as I haven't seen it in person it probably wouldn't fit in the shoebox I transport my riptide in.

18 hours ago, Druchiilord94 said:

Thanks guys

I do already play daemons in  40k as one of several armies I own. I was asking about pyre tzeench because I've never ran it in AoS only ever in support to my khorne mortals Arny.

The lord of change while a nice model looks like it'd be a nightmare for me to transport depending on how big it is as I haven't seen it in person it probably wouldn't fit in the shoebox I transport my riptide in.

can confirm it's a nightmare to transport and does not fit in the box I use for my riptide D: