'gor' keyword synergy

Lavy

I'm interested in the 'Gor' keyword and the synergy it allows between the recent disciples of tzeentch releases and what's left of the beastmen. My thought are that the movement based battalions of the bray herds will actually apply to the tzaangors and with ungor shooting support this might be something to exploit. Thoughts?

I haven't been able to find anything to synergize with the Brayherd stuff.

Originally I got into DoT as a supplement to my Beastmen.  However, nothing I can see triggers from "Gor."

The Furious and Wildstalker Brayherds have "Gor" as requirements.  However, with the new FAQ you can only use Keywords as Battalion requirements if they are BOLD.  So you can't use Tzaangor as Gor in these formations.

Further, everything I can see from Brayherd units effects "Brayherd" and not "Gor."  Since the Tzaangor stuff does not have Brayherd, they are left out in the breeze.

So, the only thing I could rationally do is drop $900 on stuff to supplement Tzaangor. >.>

If you do want to include some Tzaangor stuff in your Beastmen though, this'll be fine, but you'll only be Chaos aligned.  Since there's no real bonus to being Brayherd aligned unless you want Raider's as Battleline.  So you can still get some Skyfires, Tzaangor or a Shaman in the army.  Its still not all that bad, keep a Tzaangor Shaman next to your Discomen and they can fly around doing their own thing while the Brayherd part of your army clings to the other Brayherd stuff for bonuses.

So I would include Tzaangors in a Brayherd army to give it some nasty shooting or spells, but I wouldn't add Brayherd to a DoT army as you'll break allegiance.

Hope that helps!  It certainly is a shame, but not too surprising.

7 hours ago, Goodwin said:

The Furious and Wildstalker Brayherds have "Gor" as requirements.  However, with the new FAQ you can only use Keywords as Battalion requirements if they are BOLD.  So you can't use Tzaangor as Gor in these formations.

Further, everything I can see from Brayherd units effects "Brayherd" and not "Gor."  Since the Tzaangor stuff does not have Brayherd, they are left out in the breeze.

Hope that helps!  It certainly is a shame, but not too surprising.

That's very depressing. So I would be much better off just bringing tzaangor-heavy DoT than mixing DoT with brayherds... why aren't you surprised by this, is the brayherds faction going to be dropped at some point?

and of course dropping 900$ on tzaangor support was the only option left to you :)

7 hours ago, Goodwin said:

If you do want to include some Tzaangor stuff in your Beastmen though, this'll be fine, but you'll only be Chaos aligned.  Since there's no real bonus to being Brayherd aligned unless you want Raider's as Battleline.  

As I understand it, you can still take raiders as battleline and use chaos allegiance.

As you can run chaos knights as battleline if everything has slaves to darkness keyword and still be disicples of Tzeentch.

25 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

As I understand it, you can still take raiders as battleline and use chaos allegiance.

As you can run chaos knights as battleline if everything has slaves to darkness keyword and still be disicples of Tzeentch.

The GH says Raiders are only Battleline if you have the Brayherd allegiance, which, if you add in any DoT you will no longer have, as nothing DoT has Brayherd in it. >.<

36 minutes ago, Lavy said:

That's very depressing. So I would be much better off just bringing tzaangor-heavy DoT than mixing DoT with brayherds... why aren't you surprised by this, is the brayherds faction going to be dropped at some point?

and of course dropping 900$ on tzaangor support was the only option left to you :)

Well, why would they want you to use your existing Beastmen when you can buy a whole new army of Beastmen?  They're ofcourse going to want you to buy the new stuff.  Which is fine by me, I'll do WTF ever GW tell me to do anyway.

Well, like I said, if you wanna use both I'd add Tzaangor stuff to a Brayherd as a satellite army, but if you have the stuff to do full DoT then I'd not add Brayherd to it as you'll loose your ability for Destiny Dice and such.  The problem I find with Brayherd is you gotta keep things really close to your Beastlord for the bonuses to attacks and movement and such.  Whereas the Tzaangor stuff gets boosted by Tzaangor Shaman.  So you can effectively split your army into two and still get bonuses to attacks and To Hits without worrying too much about positioning.  Then if they kill your Beastlord you aren't completely out of buffs until your Tzaangor Shaman goes down too.  Your fast Brayherd stuff is charging up while your even faster Discomen are harrassing or shooting or charging at things in the backfield.  That's how I see it, anyway.

If you do like the Beastmen feel/aesthetic and want DoT then I think there are some threads around here that suggest Tzaangor are pretty good.  I'm not too great at telling what's good though, I listen to what GW and the forum tells me.

If you want some more Pink Horrors for batteline as well.  It sounds like Acolytes aren't considered too great.  Check the "Competitive DoT" and "Lets Chat DoT" threads for ideas from people better then me.  And maybe proxy with your friends a few times first!  I'm used to playing Nurgle Rotbringers mainly so it was a little startling how quickly things died in comparison.

Goodluck!

Im fairly certain in saying this.

You can still pick the chaos allegiance,  as you meet both the chaos and the Brayherd keywords.

So if you run exclusively Brayherd you can still pick chaos abilities and items.

But yes if you add tzeentch units into it you have to pick chaos

As you can run varanguard as battleline by taking the everchosen battalions , and all the units in that battalion gain the everchosen  keyword

Yes but that means if he takes all Brayherd he can be Brayherd or Chaos, if he takes any Tzeentch (which doesn't have Brayherd) he won't qualify as Brayherd anymore?  So I'm trying to say it makes sense to add DoT to Brayherd since you can still atleast be Chaos.   But if you had a majority DoT you wouldn't want to add Brayherd as you won't be exclusively Tzeentch anymore.

Or am I wrong?  I feel like we are saying the same thing differently?

@Goodwin is saying seems to make sense. Being straight bray herd offers bray herd specific benefits, if I mix in any other chaos aligned force ( like DoT) then I lose out on bray herd specific benefits, but I can still benefit from the Chaos alignment abilities.

What is likely the smartest ( and most competitive) route for me to take is just an investment in a tzaangor-only DoT army. I say this after reading through all the posts i could find relating to brayherds on the herdstone forums and on this forum. That way I can still benefit from all of the new goodies the DoT battle tome offers.

16 minutes ago, Lavy said:

Oh, my bad @Arkiham, but if raiders are able to be battleline for Chaos, then why aren't people shoehorning them into lists to add shooting to a faction that has very little?

No, you misunderstand.

They are battleline if the entire army is Brayherd, but as they have chaos and Brayherd and keywords you can pick them as battleline and then take the chaos allegiance 

Just like I can run chaos knights as battleline and still pick chaos traits an such.

Archived