Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower. Hopes and dreams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More:

"Game include rules for other daemons of tzeentch. It specifically says screamers, flamers and herald of tzeentch. Even better, page 30 of the wd gives rules to include other kind of heroes. Page 30 is not uploaded unfortunately

Edit : Concerning the other heroes, the guy who uploaded the wd said that in page 30, it is written that GW will releas a silver tower application, and with it you'll be able to BUY the rules of each plastic hero availabe in AOS."

App for the game.

I  hope they do a Matched Play app separately too (for AoS).

2 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

THERE IS SO MUCH TO UNPACK IN THIS POST.

Number 1: Wow that's a lot of models.

Number 2: Pretty much confirms it will be similar to the old Warhammer Quest.

Number 3: STORE INCENTIVES!? I know they occasionally send out free stuff, but this is new. Exclusive freebies, scalable help and encouraging launch parties? Whoa.

Number 4: EXPANSIONS CONFIRMED. OFFHANDIDLY. If they can make hero cards for additional heroes, they've definitely thought about expanding it. So if this sells well, we're getting more.

Sorry, got a little carried away.

I think for me, a confirmation that it's similar to the old Warhammer Quest and that there are thoughts about expansions has sold this to me. It looks a great set and collection of models and I think it's going to sell by the bucket load if the pricing is just right. I think die hard gamers will get it whatever but if it's not much more that say the core set for AoS, then I can see this doing well

Man I'm so excited! The Aelfs look amazing and have some really interesting rules. The assasin type Shadow Aelf has some filthy teleportation malarkey going on along with a plus 1 to hit alongside pretty decemt damage output, then an 8 inch immediate move if he slays a model!

Slap the Loremaster spell on him, teleport in hero phase, pop a wizard or something them nick off before any nearby units pile in on you. Of course, I'll probably not kill the target and then get taken out but hey ;-)

Some of those rules a brutal. The Tenebrael Shard and the Darkoath Chieftain in particular. I think the Chieftain will be seeing a lot of action with my chaos army. He'll make a nice hunter-killer character that will have to be dealt with by the other player hopefully giving my other characters some breathing room. And being able to get rules for other characters is amazing. I could not have wished for a better Warhammer Quest re-release if i'd tried!

I also look forward to shouting "EXCELSIOR!" every time the Warpriest is activated :D

Such exciting news!!  Every leak just makes this release look better and better!   With orruks selling out, this game presumably selling like hot cakes, and the General compendium around the corner, GW is on quite the roll!  Now if I could just stumble onto some extra cash...xD

17 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

Such exciting news!!  Every leak just makes this release look better and better!   With orruks selling out, this game presumably selling like hot cakes, and the General compendium around the corner, GW is on quite the roll!  Now if I could just stumble onto some extra cash...xD

Right? My whole check goes to bills this Friday :(

Hoping we get a gameplay video or a YouTuber makes one soon after release. Never played the old Quest. Got some old Warhammer friends who did and loved it but haven't played the main game in a decade. They'd probably be down to play and reminisce. Minis are great but just happen not to be in a style that's catching me right now, but for a fun painting project if the game is appealing, I'd be up for painting the set.

Yeah, I think a Knight-Questor will be joining my army. Debating on whether I want to paint him the same as the rest of my army or as another stormhost since they are supposed to be lone questing Stormcast. Could imagine him joining up with my army along the way. May give me a chance to paint a Celestial Vindicator or an Astral Templar...

Knight Questor - yes

Excelsior Priest - great for my devoted auxillary

Darkoath Chieften - might also fit my "tainted" devoted auxillary theme

Tzaangors, Ogroid, horrors, acolytes - My plans for a tzeentch army just got more interesting!

Archived