Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower. Hopes and dreams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

New Gaunt Sorcerer model, more like. It's good, but not great. Nothing that couldn't have been made 10 years ago.

Yeah, I've got to disagree too.  I wasn't keen on the gaunt summoner on the disc because it was so static when it was supposed to be flying around.  This guy (gal?) however is otherworldly.  I'm really pleased with the look of this box.  I'm a Tzeentch and skaven player so it's perfect for me.  The models, generally look beautiful.  I don't think I'll be getting it straight away though (maybe Christmas).  I was hoping to grab a load of models for AoS, but my AoS tastes are moving towards bigger models.  I'd my fingers crossed that the birdmen were going to multi-wound and on 40mm bases.  That's personal taste though.  These are a very high standard, up there with Deathwatch: Overkill.

This will sell like hot cakes, even if I don't like Tzeencht, I must recognize these are some amazing minis.

Also Stormcast and Fyreslayer stand out and look good when you don't have and army full of them (they get boring).

PS: Mini yellow horrors?

?

3 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

Yeah, I've got to disagree too.  I wasn't keen on the gaunt summoner on the disc because it was so static when it was supposed to be flying around.  This guy (gal?) however is otherworldly.  I'm really pleased with the look of this box.  I'm a Tzeentch and skaven player so it's perfect for me.  The models, generally look beautiful.  I don't think I'll be getting it straight away though (maybe Christmas).  I was hoping to grab a load of models for AoS, but my AoS tastes are moving towards bigger models.  I'd my fingers crossed that the birdmen were going to multi-wound and on 40mm bases.  That's personal taste though.  These are a very high standard, up there with Deathwatch: Overkill.

I'm not saying any of the models are poor. The gaunt summoner just isn't doing it for me :P Loving the look on the heroes.

We're definitely getting warscrolls though. Considering how GW has released seperate rules for all of their recent boardgames to use in the main game, it's not even a question.

If I was pumped up before, I'm now at Hypus Maximus! xD

The minis are gorgeous (especially that new Aelf sorcerer) and the tiles themselves look pretty great. I'm just hoping that the game has a randomised tile set up system, ala the original quest game. As I always loved the fact that, no matter how many times you played the same quest, the board was always different.

I think this looks totally awesome and it will be a definite purchase for me.  It is a bit disappointing that it doesn't appear to have any of the old style doorways to go between "rooms" like the classic WHQ.  

I'm going to have to get my Deathwatch Overkill stuff painted in the next 2 weeks so I can justify buying this!

19 hours ago, Brunel.Richard said:

Wow. Magnificent, This maybe the first time I pre-order anything with GW. Ever. The skaven are a pleasant surprise. And all the heroes are amazing. Can't wait.

Me too. Never pre ordered a single model, but wow, this is a knock out. 

Box contents:

"The Warhammer Quest Heroes 
6x individual Warhammer Quest heroes 
Knight Questor – The Paladin (Stormcast Eternal) 
Darkoeth Chieftan – The Barbarian (Free People) 
Fyreslayer Doomseeker The Dwarf (Dwarf) 
Excelsior War priest & Gryph Hound – The header and war priest companion (Free People) 
Mistweaver Saith – Female wizad (Aelf) 
Tenebrand Shard – The assassin (Aelf)

The Denizens 
44x individual Warhammer Quest monsters that live in the Silver Tower. The below list of miniatures make for a great addition or a start of an original Grand Alliance Chaos army! 
Gaunt Summoner 
Ogroid Traumaturge 
2x Skaven Deathrunners 
8x Familiars 
6x Tzaangors (Beastmen) 
8x Kairic Acolytes 
2x Pink Horrors 
4x Blue Horrors 
4x pairs of Brimstone Horrors 
8x Grot Scuttlings

Gaming Accessories 
A guide book 
An adventure quest book 
13x Reversible board tiles with different landscapes 
6x Hero character cards 
36x Skill and treasure cards 
40x Exploration (event) cards, to offer even more variation to the game so that each game will be different. 
A booklet with assembly instructions 
Gaming accessories such as assorted gaming counters and dice sets "

Store incentives:

" Organise a pre-release party in your store to celebrate the launch! We have made our promotional material for this launch weekend even better! Want to make the most out of the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower? The bigger you want to make this release, the more promotional support you will get to have an amazing party in your store! 

Launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming material! See image. 

This launch pack contains: 

Deluxe soft touch gaming markers 
Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else! 
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs) 
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards 

This launch pack will definitely help you, to get your customers in store for a Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower release event!"

I want the deluxe hero cards...

On 5/6/2016 at 10:48 AM, jascarr4 said:

Absolutely.  And those games when the freakin' wizard would keep rolling those 1's to spawn a random encounter.  You'd have a queue of baddies stretching down the next three dungeon tiles.  Good times, good times! 

I was always that wizard... :(

58 minutes ago, Shane said:

Box contents:

"The Warhammer Quest Heroes 
6x individual Warhammer Quest heroes 
Knight Questor – The Paladin (Stormcast Eternal) 
Darkoeth Chieftan – The Barbarian (Free People) 
Fyreslayer Doomseeker The Dwarf (Dwarf) 
Excelsior War priest & Gryph Hound – The header and war priest companion (Free People) 
Mistweaver Saith – Female wizad (Aelf) 
Tenebrand Shard – The assassin (Aelf)

The Denizens 
44x individual Warhammer Quest monsters that live in the Silver Tower. The below list of miniatures make for a great addition or a start of an original Grand Alliance Chaos army! 
Gaunt Summoner 
Ogroid Traumaturge 
2x Skaven Deathrunners 
8x Familiars 
6x Tzaangors (Beastmen) 
8x Kairic Acolytes 
2x Pink Horrors 
4x Blue Horrors 
4x pairs of Brimstone Horrors 
8x Grot Scuttlings

Gaming Accessories 
A guide book 
An adventure quest book 
13x Reversible board tiles with different landscapes 
6x Hero character cards 
36x Skill and treasure cards 
40x Exploration (event) cards, to offer even more variation to the game so that each game will be different. 
A booklet with assembly instructions 
Gaming accessories such as assorted gaming counters and dice sets "

Store incentives:

" Organise a pre-release party in your store to celebrate the launch! We have made our promotional material for this launch weekend even better! Want to make the most out of the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower? The bigger you want to make this release, the more promotional support you will get to have an amazing party in your store! 

Launch pack with deluxe and limited edition gaming material! See image. 

This launch pack contains: 

Deluxe soft touch gaming markers 
Packs of deluxe holographic hero character cards. Each hero character card pack also contain 4x limited edition hero character cards for additional heroes. These character cards are not in the game and cannot be found anywhere else! 
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower badges (with 6 designs) 
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower art cards 

This launch pack will definitely help you, to get your customers in store for a Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower release event!"

I want the deluxe hero cards...

THERE IS SO MUCH TO UNPACK IN THIS POST.

Number 1: Wow that's a lot of models.

Number 2: Pretty much confirms it will be similar to the old Warhammer Quest.

Number 3: STORE INCENTIVES!? I know they occasionally send out free stuff, but this is new. Exclusive freebies, scalable help and encouraging launch parties? Whoa.

Number 4: EXPANSIONS CONFIRMED. OFFHANDIDLY. If they can make hero cards for additional heroes, they've definitely thought about expanding it. So if this sells well, we're getting more.

Sorry, got a little carried away.

Archived