Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower. Hopes and dreams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

Look fantastic. Definitely want to get this. What are people's guesses for cost? $165?

I'd guess £100 ($145). Really looking forward to it too! 

Just been looking at the pictures again. The big guy on the right  is obviously the Tzeentch daemon prince. I'm a bit disappointed by that, as he's a bit too muscular. I'd have gone with a scrawny bird-like daemon prince. I'll probably use my metal LoC when the new plastic kit comes out. 

Really looking forward to this as many people have already said its like a new company now giving the fans what they want and plenty of hobby support I bet Emma or Duncan will have done some painting guides also which I believe really supports the hobby cannot wait to get this a play against my two children 10 and 14 

It looks awesome, and everyone in my house (well, okay, maybe not my wife ;-)) is very excited to get our hands on it.  I do hope they try and keep the price down to boardgame level though - £100+ is okay when you know most of your audience is just buying it (BaC, Renegade etc) for the figures, but if they are trying to relaunch Warhammer Quest and give AoS a boost at the same time, then £75 to £80 is really as high as they should go.  Fingers crossed!

12 hours ago, Hyperkinako said:

Think I may have found my next purchase.  Liking the Beastmen.  Still have the original game packed away somewhere back in the UK.

Also is this a Tzeentch Chaos Warrior at the back?

warrior.jpg

I would say yes, especially as Duncan is doing painting sessions at Warhammer Fest about painting Tzeentch Armour.... ;) 

10 hours ago, Jeff Egan said:

Wow. This is like a whole different company since this new CEO took over. This game should sell well, and I'm excited for AOS rules for the Tzeentch stuff in WD. 

It is amazing. Not sure if this is stuff they have wanted to do and been blocked or if it is all down to the new CEO (I imagine a bit of both). All I can say is it's great!

I'm so hyped up for this. Many a sunny day was wasted playing the original back when I was a kid and I expect it'll happen again when this comes out!

Here's hoping that Silver Tower will be a huge success so we can look forward to many, many expansions! B|

A couple of pics are up on the French warhammer forum. (Not sure if it is ok to post pics here)  51 models. 13 double sided tiles.  6 heroes. (Including a female Mage) bird men, Horrors, cultists, gaunt summoner, familiars, skaven!  Etc. 40 page guide book, 40 page adventure book. Apparently it will be €125. Amazing stuff!

This is going to be a hit, I see people buying it just for one miniature, they are that awsome. I do not collect any fraction of the miniatures (well exept Skaven) but I realy fell the need of buying this. Even dough I don't see me playing the game. Realy great stuff, will they run out of stock on the first day, I think they might.

And the new Elf's look super!

Brawo GW

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

New Gaunt Sorcerer model, more like. It's good, but not great. Nothing that couldn't have been made 10 years ago.

To be fair there are plenty of models that are 10 years old that still look amazing.

Just because they can do many new and exciting things it doesn't invalidate a simple pose on a pretty model. 

Im not saying people have to like it before anyone suggests that though :)

That's true enough. I'm not collecting the whole Tomb Kings range for no reason. It's  a solid model. But considering how GW has been knocking it out of the park recently, and how great some of the other kits in teh set looks, it's not getting an A+ from me.

Might change my mind once I have it in hand though. That usually happens :P

Archived