Arming Skeleton Champions and Horn Blowers

RuneBrush

I managed to get a bit more work on my Death army last night (very close to finishing the assembly on my first unit of 30 skeletons) and not entirely sure the best way to arm the unit champion and horn blower.  This unit is the one I'm arming up with spears so sensibly you'd be putting spears on them - however looking at the SC box both the champion and musician have swords - and look much nicer for it!  How do other people tend to arm theirs?

I have just built a lot of skeletons and I put spears on the champion and musician because I thought the unit as a whole would look better but it really doesn’t matter since they use the same weapons profile as the rest of the unit regardless if you chose spear or sword for them.

40 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I have just built a lot of skeletons and I put spears on the champion and musician because I thought the unit as a whole would look better but it really doesn’t matter since they use the same weapons profile as the rest of the unit regardless if you chose spear or sword for them.

Exactly, for example, look at the banner bearer. He will not have a weapon on the model, but we will still attack with one even though neither is equipped. 

If its a game play thing your worried about i very much doubt anyone would care (Or not anyone you would proberbly want to play) Its actually quite common for the "command" units to have different or even no weapons (Ironbreaker drummer isent holding an axe at all. But hes still gonna use one in combat!) and squad leaders almost always have different weapons.

If its aesthetics i think the simple answer IMO is no it dosent look weird as its far more "realistic" as itwould be impractical for someone to hold a banner in one hand to have a spear in the other. Perhaps put a blade on the top of the banner??

Rule of cool for this one. Whatever looks best. I don't think anybody will find that problematic. 

In case of my dwarfs I did glue a small axe to the belt of a hornblower. But I doubt a spear to the back of a skeleton will look just as natural :D 

19 hours ago, Kramer said:

Rule of cool for this one. Whatever looks best. I don't think anybody will find that problematic. 

In case of my dwarfs I did glue a small axe to the belt of a hornblower. But I doubt a spear to the back of a skeleton will look just as natural :D 

Not if the other end of the spear is sticking out of his chest... ;)

Archived