Can we talk about the map in the new stormcast battle tome?

shinros

Yeah so mongoosematt has done his review for the stormcast battle tome. Link here.

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/review-battletome-stormcast-eternals-the-new-one/

But what interests me is the map picture.

2z5zkxocup47.jpg

lifemap-bg-1024x624.png

So from what we can tell from this image Hammerhal is quite close by to the city of the Phoenicium, and Lord kragan on the total war forums has also noted that part of the map of Ashqy looks similar to south east asia.

ypzran2qtwql.png

Honestly this has me excited and this is only ONE well two parts of a realm, and we got many more realms to explore, Ghyran and Asqhy has not even been fully detailed yet.  

6 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Makes me wonder if Bloodbound would have been the ones to get an update instead had Order not won.

Maybe, but they note that the disciple of tzeentch tome is "our" fault tzeentch thrives on civilization they make that express point so because order won tzeentch came out first. I suspect if order lost the only city they would have is hammerhal. Perhaps with khorne bloodbound or nurgle getting an update as you said. 

3 minutes ago, Jearil said:

I'm sort of hoping they never fully detail any of the realms. We don't even know if they're single planets or even planets at all. I'm sort of ok with this as it leaves a lot of room for future growth and changes.

If you read the panethon short story they detail how the realms expand which gives you plenty of room to add your own things or for GW to add new places to the map. 

2 hours ago, shinros said:

Maybe, but they note that the disciple of tzeentch tome is "our" fault tzeentch thrives on civilization they make that express point so because order won tzeentch came out first. I suspect if order lost the only city they would have is hammerhal. Perhaps with khorne bloodbound or nurgle getting an update as you said. 

So death could have been looking at an update had their players been capable of winning anything? ;)

( shots fired ! )

2 hours ago, Davariel said:

It's great to see the realms getting fleshed out with detailed maps and cities, makes the setting feel much more alive. Even if the region names could use a little work ;)

The faux Latin names are pretty contrived, aren't they? It would be nice to see some region names that are a bit more reflective of the races that live there, rather than simply using the Stormcast naming formula for everything. But I suppose it is quite similar to what the Romans did (Hibernia, Caledonia, etc.).

Archived