Mixed Destruction, Making it Rain

thediceabide

I've been playing with a lot of ideas lately for mixed destruction armies, and I've been especially interested in what I can accomplish with the Gitmob Grot units. After crunching some numbers, it actually seems that the Gitmob artillery is actually quite cost efficient, Rock Lobbers in particular, due to having a 33-50% chance of firing a second shot (when used in multiples), and only costing 100 points. Toying with the models I already own from Beastclaw Raiders, and Gutbusters, I feel like I can make an army that hits very hard from range, and has some punch up close to mop up opponents.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Battleline
40 x Gitmob Grots (200)
- Bows & Slashas
6 x Ogors (240)
6 x Ogors (240)

Units
6 x Nasty Skulkers (80)

Artillery
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
Grot Rock Lobber (100)

Total: 1980/2000

The Nasty Skulkers were added in for giggles, and because I couldn't take a 5th Rock Lobber. The points could be used to upgrade the Rock Lobbers to Doom Divers, but I'm not totally sold on them... they don't lose effectiveness with crew deaths like a stone thrower, but their damage/cost efficiency is lower before casualties. Gitmob archers also seem like the way to go, especially when buffed by the Gitmob Grot Shaman, letting them hit on 3's and wound on 4's with -1 rend on their bows!

Any thoughts? Anyone having any luck with a Destruction artillery line?

Question considering unit rules.
On my last, local tournament I was using a Moonclan Boss with a squig from the battletome. His general's ability alows to buff up a unit so any 6'es it rolls(for wounding) cause double damage. On a couple occasions I did use it on that very boss. That created a rather deadly combo, since 6'es for that guy also allows squig to deal d6 damage. So, when I rolled 6 from the general's ability while wounding with squig, and subsequently rolled another 6 on d6 I caused 12 wounds (sic!). On one occasion this little guy wiped out whole Curonoth Hunters unit by him self.
Judge of this event ruled that my combo was perfectly legal.
Any way, here is my question: Bellowing Tyrant allows to add +1 to hit rolls, which effectively means 5s on d6 becomes 6s.
Does that mean that my general with his buff used on him slef, and Bellowing Tyrant also used on him self will allow squig to deal d6 damage on 5 or 6 and than double that damage?

2 minutes ago, Berdysz said:
Question considering unit rules.
On my last, local tournament I was using a Moonclan Boss with a squig from the battletome. His general's ability alows to buff up a unit so any 6'es it rolls(for wounding) cause double damage. On a couple occasions I did use it on that very boss. That created a rather deadly combo, since 6'es for that guy also allows squig to deal d6 damage. So, when I rolled 6 from the general's ability while wounding with squig, and subsequently rolled another 6 on d6 I caused 12 wounds (sic!). On one occasion this little guy wiped out whole Curonoth Hunters unit by him self.
Judge of this event ruled that my combo was perfectly legal.
Any way, here is my question: Bellowing Tyrant allows to add +1 to hit rolls, which effectively means 5s on d6 becomes 6s.
Does that mean that my general with his buff used on him slef, and Bellowing Tyrant also used on him self will allow squig to deal d6 damage on 5 or 6 and than double that damage?

That is correct and precisely why abilities which trigger on a 6 are worded as "6 or more". In AoS modifiers literally change the number rolled. This similarly means if an ability goes off on a 6+ and you have -1 to hit, the ability will not go off as any 6's you rolled actually become 5's.

Archived