More AoS-y basing help?

Callimaco

I currently have the first AoS specific unit that I have ever painted sitting on my desk ready for final cleanup work..... and a clue how to base them. I could do grass to contrast the red on them, or snow or mud or any of the usual basing schemes. However, it occurred to me that one of the possible cool aspects of the Mortal Realms made up of metal and light and shadow and whatever is that we can be more free from "realistic" basing. Since I have hit a huge case of painters block, I have come asking for inspiration. Do you have any galleries, guides, or other ideas to get started?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Callimaco said:

I currently have the first AoS specific unit that I have ever painted sitting on my desk ready for final cleanup work..... and a clue how to base them. I could do grass to contrast the red on them, or snow or mud or any of the usual basing schemes. However, it occurred to me that one of the possible cool aspects of the Mortal Realms made up of metal and light and shadow and whatever is that we can be more free from "realistic" basing. Since I have hit a huge case of painters block, I have come asking for inspiration. Do you have any galleries, guides, or other ideas to get started?

Thanks

I'm planning to do a fire/shadow realm basing by creating 'lava' lines on the bases. Something like this I reckon:

62360947.TBTMFhKg.Daemonettes.jpg

I googled great amies or something until something clicked. 

Archived