Greetings, fellow humans

Choogly

I've been painting WH40k miniatures on and off for a few years, recently mini painting has become a more consistent part of my life. I bought the Silver Tower set so I could have something to play with friends, and so I could get a range of different models/textures to try my hand at painting. 

I'm now looking to start building an army - I think I'll go for Ironjawz, though I do have some reservations.

Look forward to talking to you all!

8 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Welcome aboard! Please do share your reservations, plenty of us Ironjawz players around!

I'm mainly worried about playing an army that is so simple strategically that it quickly becomes boring.

I've more or less already committed at this point, and I'm very excited to get my army. With the Ironfist battalion, it'll come out to be 1460 points, which I'm hoping will be ok for 1500 pt. play?

List:

1x Maw-Krusha (planning to run generic with battlebrew, sorry Gordrakk) 520

1x Shaman 120

1x Mega-Boss 140

1x Warchanter 80

1x Brutes (5) 180

1x Goregruntas (3) 180 (should cost less imo, but wtf do I know)

1x 'Ard Boyz (10) 180

1400+60 for Ironfist battalion

Hi from another new member!

As for your Ironjawz: A friend of mine started that army and that heavy infantry (the Ardboyz) combined with the Goregruntas seems to be a really mean melee force. Perhaps I played it wrongly but when he got that Ironfist rolling my Saurus were wiped off the table pretty quickly.
For my personal taste the Ironjawz lack a bit of variety (no shooting for example), but the models look great and they seem to be killers in melee.

Ironjawz do have a simple strategy due to their lack of variety but it means you can really get into the nitty gritty with list building, and they are also perfect for learning the nuances of aos combat system. For example pile in moves. Also gives you a good bunch should you want to play mixed destruction. Give the list a play and see what you think, you've got everything so you'll know what you like [emoji4]

Ironjaws might be a bit boring on their own but destruction is delightful to play. I play only open games and I field mixed lists with ironjaws combined with giants, ogres, gobbos even troggoths. Against my friends' mixed chaos/ skaven and duardin / seraphon lists every game has been a blast.

8 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Ironjawz do have a simple strategy due to their lack of variety but it means you can really get into the nitty gritty with list building, and they are also perfect for learning the nuances of aos combat system. For example pile in moves. Also gives you a good bunch should you want to play mixed destruction. Give the list a play and see what you think, you've got everything so you'll know what you like emoji4.png

Yeahhh, I still don't really understand how pile-ins work. I've got a decent grasp of the basics from reading the rules, general's handbook, a couple codexes, and from watching a ton of bat-reps over the past few years.

Think there's any hope for a new Ironjawz unit this year?

7 hours ago, Planar said:

Ironjaws might be a bit boring on their own but destruction is delightful to play. I play only open games and I field mixed lists with ironjaws combined with giants, ogres, gobbos even troggoths. Against my friends' mixed chaos/ skaven and duardin / seraphon lists every game has been a blast.

I do love Stonehorns, and in general I like the idea of an army of big guys who just want to eat meat all day. I'm not a fan of the ogor models themselves though, I wish they looked a bit more like the art in their codex.

9 hours ago, Aginor said:

Hi from another new member!

As for your Ironjawz: A friend of mine started that army and that heavy infantry (the Ardboyz) combined with the Goregruntas seems to be a really mean melee force. Perhaps I played it wrongly but when he got that Ironfist rolling my Saurus were wiped off the table pretty quickly.
For my personal taste the Ironjawz lack a bit of variety (no shooting for example), but the models look great and they seem to be killers in melee.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the shaman helps add to the fun factor for me. Maybe I can try running a weird fist. Iron fist will be the default though, from all that I've gathered the main strategy with the Ironjawz is to get their special units tangled up with gore-gruntas early and hit them with infantry before they're really ready.

...WAAAAGH!!!

Archived