Hello from Baltimore

Iandanger

Howdy everyone! My name is Ian and I'm from Baltimore. I am actually kind of a fantasy noob. In middle school, in the late 90's, I discovered my stepdad's Realms of Chaos books (which I still have, my most prized hobby possession) and played 3rd ed with paper cutouts to represent our characters since we couldn't afford minis. Eventually I tried mordheim and played it for a time, but I didn't really game between 2000 and 2007. Then, my senior year of college, I started playing 40k. I always wanted to have a fantasy army, but budgetary constraints were an issue. After attending Old Hammer in the New World 2014, I sought out my old copy of Battle Masters from my father's storage unit. With some bodies as a starting point, I began buying second hand fantasy chaos minis, including a large cache of unassembled chaos warriors from the mid 90's (the fellows i would've been buying had i the budget then, a strange sort of karmic event I suppose). 

I'm currently doing some serious work on warbands for AoS28, and I'm eyeing skirmish level fantasy terrain as a project for a home board.

Hey there Ian! Good to see a fellow Baltimorean. I'm going to try and get an army started this year, and if you do as well check out Titan Games and Hobbies! It's a great place to play Warhammer, and the staff there are generally knowledgeable and helpful.

Archived