Darksouls Inspired colour schemes

Grand Exemplar

Cool idea!  For the Horrors you could use really desaturated versions of the colours i.e. pink and blue.  Or alternatively you could do them mostly black with little flecks of the relative colour on them.  But yeah in general browns, greens, grays and black, maybe use silver instead of gold as well for the metal work.  It's a really cool idea for a theme, it will be interesting to see what you decide to go for.

Thank you for your response!

I have some Tzaangor and Acolytes to get painted they would be an ideal practice. Im looking at grey flesh for the acolytes not sure if pale or dark as yet.

I like the idea of desaturated colours, but how do you desaturate bright pink :P, Ive had thoughts of painting them flesh tones as well. Unfortunately the daemons of Tzeetch are generally concidered to be bright so the colours are a tad difficult to envision hence the post!

I will be throwing in some slaves to darkness,. the chaos warriors and knight ooze Darksouls especially for conversion bits. My first real conversion im planning is a Fatemaster.

Well it won't be a bright pink anymore when you desaturate it. Mixing colours with mid greys and similar colours should work, I'm thinking Dawnstone, Fenrisian Grey (to cool the colour), or Rakarth Flesh (to warm the colour).  I'd then use maybe either Pallid Wych Flesh or Ultuan Grey to mix the highlights.

Alternatively you could use one of the dark shades (probably thinned with Lamhian medium) to desaturate the colours.

Another option is to paint your models with very neutral colours and then glaze on the bright pink to add the subtle colour.

It's definitely a tricky one, good luck!

Plenty of different colour palletes would work depending on what part of the games you are drawing inspiration from. You should try to get a copy of one of the games art books. I have a copy of one from the second game which I have been waiting to make an army based on for quite a while. They are a massive wealth of knowledge and make a great bathroom book haha

Archived