Making moonclan work as gitmob

Jesper77

Got my hands on a destruction army and im in the process of starting to paint em. Are there a smart way to paint em so I can use em as moonclan and Gitmob? Would help alot both in the economic way and also when playing. When playing weith friends theres no problem but when going on tournies I dont think it will fly when playing NG as Gitmobs. 

Moonclan grots have a very distinctive appearance compared to Gitmob grots, so I think you'll struggle to find a way to make your models look like they could be either/both. Usually I'd suggest magnetising some part of the model so that you can swap it out and change their appearance, and in this case the part that would make most sense is the head since Moonclan have that distinctive hood, but I think the head comes sculpted to the body so you're a bit stuck.

A few years back I saw a really cool plog on warseer using night gobbos as a basis for 'mongoblins' - mongol themed goblins, adding a little fur and horsehair to the cloaks makes them in my opinion very believable as gitmob. A few years ago I even had a go myself and made some wolf riders:
7403bd1a35060d6e39474aab9fc2df64.jpg
Using a much lighter pallette for cloaks also helps! I would advise trying to remove moon symbolism on shields etc, easier perhaps to greenstuff them smooth? Anyway, if you like the idea, google 'mongoblins' for some inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived