Blood Knights In Limbo?

Warboss Gorbolg

Was pondering the prospect of joining the Death Grand Alliance recently and I'm usually partial towards elite units when starting a "major" new project.  Gets you playing at the table sooner.

Blood Knights fit the bill but I was surprised to find that while they are not Compedium, you can't even purchase the finecast version anymore.  What do you think that signals, if anything?

I'm pretty sure that I know where I can get ahold of a couple units in metal but am feeling a bit gun-shy now.

That is weird. Hopefully it means a cheaper plastic kit or something. From what I've seen and heard, most people convert up cheaper kits (usually High Elf Dragon Princes) to play as Blood Knights, because they're so damn expensive.

They're a popular unit - the Warscroll isn't going to go away. Likely scenario is new models. Even then, conversions are easy and commonly understood.

2 hours ago, MidasKiss said:

It's the controversy of the year converting Dragon princes into blood Knights. I'm doing it but there are certain people that it routinely rubs the wrong way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Really? I'm curious, what kind of player feels like that? I use a highly converted army and I've never heard complaints about anything.

Really? I'm curious, what kind of player feels like that? I use a highly converted army and I've never heard complaints about anything.

I don't really understand it, seems to be some people who invested a lot in the real blood knights class it as cheaping out on the hobby. They don't see money as a valid reason not to buy the old ones and don't accept that other people might prefer different models aesthetically rather than it being all about the money.

Personally for me the money was an issue, I don't like resin models so that was an issue, and I'm aiming for more elegant rather than brutish vampires so that was an issue. The Dragon princes look so nice painted up as vampires in my opinion, though I'm a new player so there might be some 20 year old fluff reason against it that I don't understand.

Before doing it I asked around and people said yes elves can be vampires, there are also a lot of tales of the vampire Knights hiding in plain sight in the old world so I don't buy that becoming a vampire makes you a fangs-out brute necessarily. My story for mine is that they are an elven order of Knights taken over by one of the desciples of Abhorash.

I'm not a good painter and these are killing me, so if anyone thinks it's the easy way out they should try painting them in a hard scheme...

32bedeecb1dc40b34978823d3952fcc9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Given that no one really plays High Elves anymore, dragon princes basically are blood knights. Given the lore of blood knights once being dragon knights, they fit in perfectly. They also look kind of angry and sinister and their armor design shares a lot in common with similar vampire kits. Its almost as if they were designed to be vampires but someone decided last minute that they would make cooler high elves. You can make an argument that having proxy models on the table can be confusing but there is nothing to confuse when a death army has some dragon knights on the table; its clear as day they are blood knights. Unless you paint them blue or something.

I am hoping that they will feature heavily in a revampt soulblight faction that focuses on martial prowess. Fingers crossed that we would see the reappearance (And model debut) of Aborash.

Surprises me that people would complain about that. I play with some models that i have converted to be heavy Ghost Cavalry (Abyssal Wights) which i use with the blood dragons profile so they fit in with my ghostly theme. Everyone ive shown has not only been ok with me running them but delighted at the aesthetic creativity.

1 hour ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Blood Knights get a revamp. In the Nagash: Undying King novel there are a few Blood Knights, and though not mentioned by name, Abhorash is mentioned as being the ones who trained them. So if Abhorash is still around and kicking in AoS I could see them focusing the Soulblight faction around him. :)

That's the novel you can only get in warhammer world right? DAMMIT I WANT IT. :< It's nice that Abhorash made it though. Honestly though I am trying not to get too excited for a possible update. 

Just kinda tired of being disappointed a little. 

2 hours ago, shinros said:

That's the novel you can only get in warhammer world right? DAMMIT I WANT IT. :< It's nice that Abhorash made it though. Honestly though I am trying not to get too excited for a possible update. 

Just kinda tired of being disappointed a little. 

Yupp, that's the one. To be fair they don't say the word Abhorash, I think they just say they were trained by the Blood Dragon (or something like that) which was one of Abhorash's names from the Old World.

So since it's been confirmed that Ushoran is still around and the sire of the Flesh-Eater Courts I think it's safe to assume that the Blood Dragon is Abhorash.

14 hours ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

Yupp, that's the one. To be fair they don't say the word Abhorash, I think they just say they were trained by the Blood Dragon (or something like that) which was one of Abhorash's names from the Old World.

So since it's been confirmed that Ushoran is still around and the sire of the Flesh-Eater Courts I think it's safe to assume that the Blood Dragon is Abhorash.

I would assume the same especially because he was mentioned during the end times but what became of him is never made clear.

I do however hope that they actually make a model for him rather than just fluff. like ushoran

Archived