'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

1 hour ago, Tokyo Nift said:

I don't think you can summon brimstones? I think you can only summon pinks? Would be interested to know though cuz this is a good strat.

No, you can't.  That said, you could do a swap and only 1 model needs to be shared in the swap so you could reasonably daisy chain 30 Brimstone Horrors across the board in this way and really gum up movement.  

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my take on The Host Duplicitous/Changehost at 2K points:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Lord Of Change (300)
The Changeling (140)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
30 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)

Battalions
Changehost (60)
The Hosts Duplicitous (50)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000

4 minutes ago, Sephiroth00055 said:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Lord Of Change (300)
The Changeling (140)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Changehost (60)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

So, like, how is it killing things?  With magic?

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth00055 said:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Lord Of Change (300)
The Changeling (140)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Changehost (60)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

It feels like this is (with a little wiggle room) the list that everyone has settled on.

1 minute ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So, like, how is it killing things?  With magic?

I played this list last night basically, we rolled the battleplan where heroes only can take objectives, and with the changeling and swaps and destiny dice I turn-oned two of his characters, and then it was a straightforward win. But I want to know how this list does versus things that aren't weak to mortal wound burst, like death or nurgle daemon lists.

So, I have played a smaller points version of this list and it really boils down to keeping your heroes safe. Mortal wounds can take down pretty much everything in the game. You just have to be smart with where you apply them. You mostly use them to pick on the smaller weaker characters and sometimes use them to burst down monsters. I have played all of my games with the assumption that you can use DD on the damage for mortal wounds. Also the simulacra spell can really put a hurt on certain units. (Big blobs of Zombies)

I played this list last night basically, we rolled the battleplan where heroes only can take objectives, and with the changeling and swaps and destiny dice I turn-oned two of his characters, and then it was a straightforward win. But I want to know how this list does versus things that aren't weak to mortal wound burst, like death or nurgle daemon lists.

Interesting. As you hint at, this is a very favourable battleplan for this list.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth00055 said:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
Lord Of Change (300)
The Changeling (140)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Changehost (60)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

So for someone looking to get into sigmar as a competitive alternative to other games, is that a good list to go out and buy as a starting point. No time or spare money to be wasted with excessive play testing unfortunately, so need something as a good spine to work from. 

It's the only real competitive battalion...my magically inclined friends and gentlemen....we found DoT's 'Warrior Brotherhood'. 

As cool as all the new stuff is and as much as we all want to role a Mortal list the daemon side is hands down the strongest and most competitive. And now with the re-release of Stormcast we will want that auto-fail spell more then ever. 

All the daemon battalions are just better. They are even better then the new Stormcast ones. As much as I want to field all the Tzaangors, having 2 melee LoC with magic support will crush or seriously cripple everything. 

Also to keep things competitive it's also a 1 drop battalion. If we can't make a 1-3 drop list then you must be prepared to take a early beat down. 

I like the Galrauch version myself.

Screenshot_20170217-132000.jpg

18 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

It's the only real competitive battalion...my magically inclined friends and gentlemen....we found DoT's 'Warrior Brotherhood'. 

As cool as all the new stuff is and as much as we all want to role a Mortal list the daemon side is hands down the strongest and most competitive. And now with the re-release of Stormcast we will want that auto-fail spell more then ever. 

All the daemon battalions are just better. They are even better then the new Stormcast ones. As much as I want to field all the Tzaangors, having 2 melee LoC with magic support will crush or seriously cripple everything. 

Also to keep things competitive it's also a 1 drop battalion. If we can't make a 1-3 drop list then you must be prepared to take a early beat down. 

I like the Galrauch version myself.

Screenshot_20170217-132000.jpg

Would you fancy breaking down the basic tactic, intentions etc of this list?

The norm is Changeling in the enemy zone for potential unit swaps and harassing. The Horrors are the walls and if they do dmg that's a bonus.

The heavy hitting will come from the 2 LoC and Galrauch. All 3 of them can cast 2 spells each. Buff one each turn and send them forth to smash. The Herald and scribes are there as mobile buff platforms mostly.

Swap units where you need new walls and use that debuff on the enemy heavy hitters like buffed Retributors and Frostlord using battle brew. 

3 hours ago, redbeardboss said:

i was looking at galrauch because i have an unopened one and he doesnt look good. his spell is nice but his shooting is short range and his combat isnt good for a dragon. he casts 2 spells but so does a gaunt summoner at only 100 points.

His spell is strong though, 1 attack from each model. Is nothing to be ignored.

You could if you want. I'd prefer more melee beat sticks since those monsters are the only real damage output. And his personal spell is waaaay better then the book version. Once buffed with +1 move and attack he will charge in and wreck everything.

Problem is finding a model thou. There will be plenty of spare parts from 2 LoC kits to do some conversion work

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

You could if you want. I'd prefer more melee beat sticks since those monsters are the only real damage output. And his personal spell is waaaay better then the book version. Once buffed with +1 move and attack he will charge in and wreck everything.

Problem is finding a model thou. There will be plenty of spare parts from 2 LoC kits to do some conversion work

It's very unlike GW to have rules but no model.  

22 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

make one from two black dragons the dark elves have, some green stuff an some cutting does the job great. i had one as a chaos dragon before i sold it at the start of AOS

3 hours ago, Eldercaveman said:

It's very unlike GW to have rules but no model.  

The entirety of Tomb Kings and Bretonian model ranges are in the same boat. Also Vampire Lord on Abbysal Terror, and several "legacy" special characters in many factions. There are actually quite a few models in this boat.

i was looking at galrauch because i have an unopened one and he doesnt look good. his spell is nice but his shooting is short range and his combat isnt good for a dragon. he casts 2 spells but so does a gaunt summoner at only 100 points.

If he makes it into the GH v2 and is redeemed from Compendium status, that would be a good thing. There's a big hole for Chaos Dragons.

It's a very pricey glass cannon - would be wonderful as a sideboard option against Ironjawz or Khorne with no way to reach him over a line of 20 Bravery 10 Brimstones dancing joyously.

What are people's opinion of the multitudinous host?

Been thinking of this list

Lord of change

Shaman on disc

Shaman on disc

Shaman on disc

Herald of tzeentch

10 pink horrors

10 pink horrors

10 pink horrors

10 blue horrors

10 blue horrors

10 blue horrors

10 blue horrors

10 brimstone horrors

9 skyfires 

Multitudious host

Arcanite cabal

2000 points.

Not one drop but replenishing horrors each hero phase and the chance to split into under strength units for them too could be hard to deal with. Plus 8 wizards and skyfires could be cool.

Thoughts?

Archived