Scenery within scenery

Kaleb Daark

Question

13 answers to this question

Was it done by a death player?

I'm not in favour. Nothing to say you can't, but combining 'beneficial' scenery items is always going to stink a little.
Putting the Throne in the middle of a piece of mysterious terrain - I can see that being fun.
But that combo just screams engineered. Especially if general was a wizard, and *double* especially if the army was Death.

Alternatively - depends on your group - you could always ask the question "Who builds a haunted graveyard around an anti-magic monument?"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

indeed it was.  and yes his general was exactly that.  Basically he just wanted the ability to use all his command abilities that the throne gives you and the advantage that the garden offered.

I might propose the same thing in our next game with my khorne horde, a throne sat in the middle of an alter of skulls.

Oh absolutely blatant advantage, he brought the scenery with him and plonked it down…. Because … reasons… as they say on Garagehammer.

I thought we’d lost this sort of guy after 8th died with the bent list shenanigans going around then.

It didn’t matter as in counter I put up  indirect chaos dwarf artillery in the form of rockets and mortars and just focused on throwing it all on said general and hero characters.

It was just disappointing really.  I suppose he’s still trying to play 8th, rather than getting into the spirit of the game.

As I only play at tournaments/tournament practice I wouldn't see this sort of thing done as you don't use special scenery rules outside of Sylvaneth woods, Balewind and the occasional Realm Gate. If you are playing in some sort of matched play event this almost 100% wouldn't be allowed, if you are playing just a friendly game/narrative you can proceed to never play said person again, their player base will shrink to the point of no one wanting to play them and they'll be forced to change the way they play.

What about summoning a Balewind on top of a hill? If the terrain is summoned then it's acceptable (in a RAW sense) for the Balewind to be placed on top of the scenery after displacing models. But I can see eyebrows being raised the first time this happens

Hills aren't scenery!
Although still a valid point. [emoji1]

Still roll the dice to see if its Damned, Mystical etc. The Heraldo Horn still uses them for damage output and Sylvaneth players can't plonk woods down on top of them so I'd say they still follow the rules/guidelines for scenery, they specifically don't give you +1 save though. I would have liked to have seen like +3" range on shooting for being elevated as a trade off for not gaining cover.

10 hours ago, RossMHoward said:

What about summoning a Balewind on top of a hill? If the terrain is summoned then it's acceptable (in a RAW sense) for the Balewind to be placed on top of the scenery after displacing models. But I can see eyebrows being raised the first time this happens

Per the FAQ, a hill is not scenery. It is merely part of the battlefield.

Archived