Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben

AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Recommended Posts

@flemingmma nice work on the chaos minis, really cool!

@Vomikron very nice ghost, like the grimy paintjob.

I recently did and undead warband for Warcry, trying to make it weird and in the drak age of sigmat spirit :

6E41DE1F-1AF9-4A16-AFC8-DA0F9FD25348.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying out new ways to paint, trying to give a more grim/blanchitsu(?) look to my minis that otherwise look very bright with the base layer/wash/highlight1+2+3 approach.

So for the first time, I did zenithal priming + only washes, building many many layers. Love the result and it speeds up painting. Don't think the picture does justice to all the nuances on the mini, but it looks properly grimdark! Building a whole warband like this, but I might alternate with only glazes + the magical Streaking Grime for even more grimness :P

 

image.png.344bc5cd1882d0f3e08be31737563b73.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 1:17 PM, VBS said:

I've been trying out new ways to paint, trying to give a more grim/blanchitsu(?) look to my minis that otherwise look very bright with the base layer/wash/highlight1+2+3 approach.

So for the first time, I did zenithal priming + only washes, building many many layers. Love the result and it speeds up painting. Don't think the picture does justice to all the nuances on the mini, but it looks properly grimdark! Building a whole warband like this, but I might alternate with only glazes + the magical Streaking Grime for even more grimness :P

 

image.png.344bc5cd1882d0f3e08be31737563b73.png

Very cool! I’ll definitely need to try this as well seeing the result! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo AoS28.

I painted this SCE I had lying around to try out a paint scheme. Wanted something grim, testing some paints on the metal for a dark look. Would have preferred it to look MORE grimdark, but this will do.

aysrdtkf.jpg.df29df25a5f1bdeb300f7ae637af02af.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after a long AOS break, I want to take a shot at making the (in my opinion) comical ogors and gnoblars into something more AOS28-like. For me,  that means more emphasis on flesh-gorging brutes with pathetic gnoblars scurrying around, stealing the scraps.

The theme I'm thinking about is the sin of gluttony as depicted in medieval art. A band of ogors cursed by a god for feasting on the flesh of it's champion.

I'm thinking of creating a small warband for Warcry or Mordheim.

Ideas I have: ogor with pig head, obese ogor, ogor with mouth in belly, gnob feeder, ratlars (hnob rats), gnoblars with huge cutlery to feed ogors, gnob pig rider, gnob carrying plate of meat, rhinox beast-of-burden

What do you think? Could this work? Any more ideas?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwerg said:

So, after a long AOS break, I want to take a shot at making the (in my opinion) comical ogors and gnoblars into something more AOS28-like. For me,  that means more emphasis on flesh-gorging brutes with pathetic gnoblars scurrying around, stealing the scraps.

The theme I'm thinking about is the sin of gluttony as depicted in medieval art. A band of ogors cursed by a god for feasting on the flesh of it's champion.

I'm thinking of creating a small warband for Warcry or Mordheim.

Ideas I have: ogor with pig head, obese ogor, ogor with mouth in belly, gnob feeder, ratlars (hnob rats), gnoblars with huge cutlery to feed ogors, gnob pig rider, gnob carrying plate of meat, rhinox beast-of-burden

What do you think? Could this work? Any more ideas?

Absolutely could. Ogors are great models in general to convert. In the AoS mawtribes groups there's someone who sculpted pig heads on his Ogors. 

Scroll through the pictures and you'll find it soon enough :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dwerg said:

So, after a long AOS break, I want to take a shot at making the (in my opinion) comical ogors and gnoblars into something more AOS28-like. For me,  that means more emphasis on flesh-gorging brutes with pathetic gnoblars scurrying around, stealing the scraps.

The theme I'm thinking about is the sin of gluttony as depicted in medieval art. A band of ogors cursed by a god for feasting on the flesh of it's champion.

I'm thinking of creating a small warband for Warcry or Mordheim.

Ideas I have: ogor with pig head, obese ogor, ogor with mouth in belly, gnob feeder, ratlars (hnob rats), gnoblars with huge cutlery to feed ogors, gnob pig rider, gnob carrying plate of meat, rhinox beast-of-burden

What do you think? Could this work? Any more ideas?

Have you thought about using some ghouls body and gnoblar faces to make them look more like scavengers and close to the scraps? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kramer said:

Absolutely could. Ogors are great models in general to convert. In the AoS mawtribes groups there's someone who sculpted pig heads on his Ogors. 

Scroll through the pictures and you'll find it soon enough :) 

I found the Hogors from McGibs. Cool! That's what I have in mind. 

Thanks!

 

8 hours ago, Ninelives said:

Have you thought about using some ghouls body and gnoblar faces to make them look more like scavengers and close to the scraps? 

Yes, I have thought about that and considered that shortly. The ghoul bodies don't really say 'gnoblar' to me.

 

First few models have been created. :-) Two giant rat bodies with gnoblar heads stealing food and one Bosch walking head ogor butcher (count as gnoblar). Pictures will follow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"The sons of the maw have come to eat. Behold the gluttonous beast. Thou shalth eat to live, not live to eat. Slay these sinful abomination!"
Last words of Thorvin the Favoured which he addressed to his followers, before he and his band of were devoured to the last man/beast/spawn.

So, the background of Ogor warband is that they have eaten the Chaos champion Thorvin The Favoured and have been cursed by Thorvin's God.

Here's a longer bit:

Globb has always been an unusual ogor. Where most of his kin are primarily concerned with the quantity of their dinner, he is obsessed with quality. As an ogor-calve he learned that human meat is more succulent than stringy gnoblar flesh. This ignited not only his appetite, but also his curiosity to discover more tastes. He discovered not all manfood is equal. A well-fed young noble is a delicacy where the bloated mass of a nurgle follower is something to be avoided.
Globb made it his personal goal to taste all that can be tasted in the mortal realms and quickly became a prominent butcher within his tribe. His quest brought him to the eight points, where he and his gluttonous brethren ran into a chaos warband of Thorvin the favored. All seemed well as the group of tasty snacklings were quickly defeated.

Globb was munching on one of the fine tasting legs of Thorvin when he heared a whisper in the wind: "Let the glutton become a freak." Immediately Globb and his following transformed in a terrible way and they have roamed the mortal realms in their altered shapes ever since. Always searching for a way to undo their curse and, ofcourse, searching for their next meal.

 

Here's a first (very crappy) picture of the butcher Globb the Gourmand and 2 ratlars.

GlobbAndRatlars.png

Globb has been cursed with a short stature (and the belly that goes with it) and without arms, so he cannot wield his favorite cleaver anymore. To most humans, he is now as harmless as a gnoblar. This, of course, frustrates Globb greatly. 

The ratlars are cursed gnoblars which nibbled at the leftovers of Thorvin (the toes that Globb couldn't be bothered with).

Globb is build with an ogor leadbelcher head, an ogor cleaver, skaven clanrat legs and other leftover bits. The ratlars are gnoblar heads on giant rat bodies (non GW).

 

Some sources of inspiration.

medieval gluttony.jpg

Allegory of gluttony.jpg

Edited by Dwerg
additions
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First attempt at trying to grimdarkenize a Stormcast. 

0D64C97C-1696-449C-8FF5-4F5CA1D34678.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me 4 days, but I finally reed every post in this topic thread. The works and ideas here are astonishing. Awesome work everyone! Sooo much inspiration, hopefully I will have something to post soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...