AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

Trapped in the realm of khorne to defend his fellow stormcast, he has wandered interminable years, slaying all those who would stand before him. Little did he know khorne cares not from where the blood flows and all slaughter is praise to the god of skulls. Now a century later in the realms, god knows how long in the bent timeline of the warp he has fought his way free. Does his loyalty still lie with sigmar or have the aeons of unwitting praises to the axefather stained his soul?

20180311_122343.jpg.a3fd630d8b8ac03cb94fb968116941a3.jpg20180311_122304.jpg.d4c8c5b8ec543afe584e9d9cb112be7b.jpg20180311_122223.jpg.b048eb5255af06cbe12cf89298cdede2.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Captain Bodrin Bok of Harrowmark skyvessel The Selachii leaned on the gunwales and looked down on the forests. The wind ruffled his already wild hair and long forked beard and he grunted with annoyance. They had been contracted to bring a load of cargo from Leechminster to Wortbad and they were already a week late. Now they found the village was occupied by orruk pirates. There were even a couple of greenskins on the dock itself - there was no chance they were going to land there.

He turned to the nearest crewman, that happened to be his nephew Anthor, and told him as much.

"Get ready to dump the Wortbad cargo overboard. We ain't picking anything up this run. We can come back over on the return leg if the winds are in our favour." he said. Anthor looked worried but didn't argue with his uncle. He knew better than that after the year he'd had aboard the Selachii.

As Anthor was about to head aft Bodrin said "Tell Darvon to come forward will you?" the boy nodded.

Anthor found Marcyn, Rohar and Josian and told them what was happening and together they started loosening the cargo nets. As they were about to pass over the skydock for a second time and let the cargo nets fall open, Darvon cam on deck. Anthor waved the Warrior Priest over.

"The Captain wants a word with you and I don't think you'll like it. But please do fight with him!" the boy pleaded. Darvon scowled but said he would do his best.

Brother Darvon walked forward along the deck, clinging to the rigging as he was still unsure of how safe the sky ship actually was, even after the long voyage, just as he approached the captain the crew let go the nets and barrels, sacks and crates tumbed out onto the deck of the skydock. Most of it bounced and rolled straight off again, carried by the momentum of the ship.

Darvon stopped and stared in horror as the cargo crashed to the ground 20 or 30 feet below.

"Ah, good Brother. I'm afraid we won't be setting you down today...."

~ ? ~

The Selachii are skyship merchants and pirates from The Harrowmark in Shyish, the Realm of Death. They are Freeguilders with wild hairstyles, fur-collared clothes and lots of skulls and other macabre trophies hung from their gear.

This warband is also intended as a small group of NPCs for The Harrowmark (alongside the Graveroot Wargrove and the Court of Spades). They may end up as a unit in the Ironfang Fleet, or occasionally oppose them.

20180515_121226.jpg

20180514_204342.jpg

20180514_204350.jpg

Bodrin Bok, the captain of the Selachii

20180514_204401.jpg

20180514_204406.jpg

20180514_204415.jpg

The inspiration for his scroll:

20180514_204425.jpg

Darvon, Warrior Priest

20180514_204432.jpg

20180514_204437.jpg

Rohar, musician

20180514_204443.jpg

20180514_204446.jpg

Marcyn, crewman

20180514_204453.jpg

20180514_204459.jpg

Kase, Champion with greatsword

20180514_204508.jpg

20180514_204514.jpg

Anthor, crewman

20180514_204521.jpg

20180514_204525.jpg

Josian, crewman

20180514_204530.jpg

20180514_204536.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody !  I new here so I hope this is the good place for posting this. I'm curently working a lot on an AoS28 warband inspired by "The Witcher" univers. :)

Here is the background

The Elder Blood warband / (Witcher28)

"In the Dark corners of the mortal realms, where the distant light of Sigmar is an hopeless dream of salvation, humanity trive among the horors unleashed by the dark Gods..
A cabal of alchemyst, witch-doctors and sorcerers known as the Elder Blood decided to fight back with monster of their own. Their terrific dedication give birth to a carnival of abominations and mutants. Some of those proved hightly effectives to hunt down chaos creatures, as other joined the rank of those things the cabal was seeking to destroy in the first place.
Despite those frequent and desastrous "infortunate events", the cabal obsessional research continue and eventualy came up with the Witchers. Human "volounter" mutated by dark magic, alchemy and some say demonic possession. Trained to study and kill the beasts unleashed by Chaos into the realms. Both living weapon and damned souls.
Of course the "protection" of the cabal is never free and the services of their infernal menagerie or agent often exceed the cost of life itself in those dark countries.
The Elder Blood cabal is said to possesse enclaves in several realms, each competing of ingeniousness and twisted creativity in their mad research for the ultimat weapon against darkness.

It remain to be seen if the cabal still work toward the same goals as they use to do and if this work will leave those dark parts of the worlds as better places or even sinistre ones.. "

And the first models..

Eskelan Grim, The Butcher of Wolvenheim :

wQWVZ.jpg

dXDY3.jpg

And the WIP of the "Lady of Blackwoods" :

NKGkG.jpg

aQDxE.jpg

VQ2XA.jpg

Here we are hope you'll like :)

more pictures of Eskelan on our blog :

http://armeedeschauves.blogspot.com/2018/09/aos28-witcher28-warband-partie-1.html?m=1

and instagram acount

#Nebriuson

See you ! 

Malchy

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

The thread has been a bit quite for a while, so here's to bringing back the GRIMDARK to AoS. Well, I hope the following mini us /28 enough, kind of grim sculpt though the painting is a bit "light".  Mini/fluff is part of my own narrative (thread can be found somehwere is this section of the forum):

Beyond the mountain range that sets the frontier of the Free Principality, in the forbidden areas known as the Savage Lands of Ravage and Ruination, wild Greenskins, malefic Tree-Spirits or lackeys of the Azyr-Tyrant roam freely. Often launching incursions against the Principality, only the imposing Iohsefov Bastion and its brave defenders stands in the way of pillage, ruin and destruction against the peaceful farmers of the Grass Plains.

But among these ill-intentioned invaders, some have more interests than plundering and murder. Indeed, the northern barbarian hordes that wander the mountains boardering with the Principality, known as the Descendants of Bones and Bark, have established a certain contact with a sector of the Principality. As one might suspect, the official rule forbids such contacts but the ever opportunistic and avaricious Elves of the Order of Censors sensed favorable circumstances. Details of possible deals or alliances are but rumours, yet several citizens claim to have sighted a grim figure reeking the foulest of rot around the Decaying Pit and the Temple of Tolerance. This sinister figure is no other than The Vessel of Rot, a powerful chaman that leads the Descendants of Bones and Bark. Riding a steed as sickly and bilious as his own wretched self, The Vessel schemes in the darkest corners of the Principality, corrupting the land in his path, rending it infertile and barely more than muddy wasteland. Some even say that the dead land that is spreading at an alarming rate around the Decaying Pit is no other than his wrong-doings! 

image.png.f192c8d8bceecde5824108ff3677d544.png

image.png.dfee918fc9e23bc7e7a82c4dc6814fe5.png

image.png.3f2dca67fa8996a0f953296b12e2d41c.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 8:58 PM, sometimesminis said:

Made 'em last year, but only recently joined this forum (so you might've seen it in the aos28 facebook group) - a troop of undead Duardin: 

large.33964073_645084862509798_768939587119611904_n.jpg.5a5cf2dc7ce3ab4e181016750fe304f3.jpglarge.34098836_430975970698680_3584923216725934080_n.jpg.451126ed38933ff61f35de3d53c5e880.jpglarge.34522436_253919538688827_1951836566133407744_n.jpg.bd3b31d27aa37c2583aca7b474322a0f.jpglarge.large-dscn2128-88e015dc506e17e7fde7fd183e88b5061.jpg.b6b3196488b975cb2e4a9cb7f78d3ca6.jpg

Haven't added to them since, and probably never will!

I love how their skin has fallen off, but the beard has remained! It's either beard resilience or beard magic! Fantastic stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Holy smokes, I've just found TGA  and this thread and started having a read through, some truly wonderful stuff so far, bravo good sirs and ladies 😎 I dived back into the hobby about a year ago after re-reading all the Blanchitsu articles in my White Dwarf's, been focusing mostly on building warbands and terrain for Inq28 inspired games so far, but recently decided to dive into AoS as well after realising I already have a bunch of kits that I bought for 40k related conversions anyway 😆 

I'd read a bit of the lore when AoS was still in it's first year or so and was always keen on playing around with some narrative based stuff set in Ghur, looks like I'm finally getting round to it! I haven't fully fleshed out my plans yet, but I've got ideas for a few warbands and a bit of a narrative forming. I picked up WHQ: Silver Tower recently, so a Tzeentchian Cabal is one of the first pieces in the puzzle, looking forward to seeing what I can come up with for these guys - I'll be back with a blog on here when I'm a bit further down the line (probably in a few months if my progress elsewhere is anything to go by 😂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw my hat in the ring with my Stormcast warband.  My goal was to not only have no helmets (or at least bare faces) on every single model, as well as to use their expression and pose to give each one a personality.  I wish my pics hadn't washed out my washes and layering.  They are a more grounded group of Stormcast, who move among the people and prefer to show their faces to each other as a show of brotherhood and to the Free Peoples they move among to prove they are more than just living weapons. 

I feel they seem a bit bright for 'The Dark side of Sigmar", but part of the reason I chose all the bare heads was to make them look like a warband of questing knights, just freakishly outsized when they are next to normal humans.  More giant, powerful humans, rather than golden automatons, which is what I always feel when looking at standard Stormcast helms.

The Grizzled Veteran Liberator Prime:

890390_mb-.JPG

A warrior from a desert kingdom that was destroyed by Chaos:

890807_mb-.JPG

Morgenstern the Ever-Mighty:

902872_mb-.JPG

The Duellist:

902875_mb-.JPG

A noble Knight from Azyr, ambushed during an Orruk hunt and held them off alone to let his party escape:

890389_mb-.JPG

A former Blacksmith who is fueled by barely-checked rage:

889749_mb-.JPG

Malloc, The Lord Relictor who sees to their health and the safety of their souls, and who currently leads them after the death of their Lord Celestant:

900841_mb-.JPG

Edited by Aegisgrimm
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! 

I'm used to post in the painting and modeling section, but I've always been fascinated with aos 28 and the narrative section.

My last blog is born with Aos 28 mood in mind, I don't want to copy the post everywhere so I add a link here,  if u think it's better to have copy here I will edit this post and paste the other here too. 

Hope you will enjoy it. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Arael said:

Hi! 

I'm used to post in the painting and modeling section, but I've always been fascinated with aos 28 and the narrative section.

My last blog is born with Aos 28 mood in mind, I don't want to copy the post everywhere so I add a link here,  if u think it's better to have copy here I will edit this post and paste the other here too. 

Hope you will enjoy it. 

Added the full pic of the Tidecaster, a converted endless spell and the first step of painting for the trhall