AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

Hey guys, I just found out about Aos28 and I really like it! Couple questions, and I apologize if this is the wrong place for them.

1)     Is the Hinterlands still the more common system being used? It looks like development stopped on it.

2) Has anyone seen or used rules for Tyranids ? There was an interesting attempt to adapt them some years back as "Cosmic Horrors".

49 minutes ago, Graves said:

Hey guys, I just found out about Aos28 and I really like it! Couple questions, and I apologize if this is the wrong place for them.

1)     Is the Hinterlands still the more common system being used? It looks like development stopped on it.

Not that I can speak on anyones behalf but...

AoS28 is more a concept than a set of rules right? So really if you want to play games, it's up to your group to figure out what rules work for you.

That could be Hinterlands, or Skirmish or the new AoS28 Warbands being worked on by @GuitaRasmus (Which is based on the Hinterlands ruleset).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Not that I can speak on anyones behalf but...

AoS28 is more a concept than a set of rules right? So really if you want to play games, it's up to your group to figure out what rules work for you.

That could be Hinterlands, or Skirmish or the new AoS28 Warbands being worked on by @GuitaRasmus (Which is based on the Hinterlands ruleset).

I agree with this. The rules should just be what ever your group wants to use - no point forcing something they don't enjoy. There won't be many "pickup" games of AoS28 going on anywhere, so you don't have to worry about what rules strangers will be playing. If you are thinking about warband sizes, starting with between 2 and 8 models is a good idea and adding more if you feel like it. Let the models and story for them be your guide! ;) 

Just in case you're having trouble starting cheaply i've got some ideas for basic starter warbands that you can muck around with whateveres in your bit box to make better i've organised them by grand alliance and priced them in aud because that's where i'm from, but these are relatively cheap.

Death:

Necromancer/tomb banshee/Wightking with tomb blade $22 aud

5 skeleton warriors (skellies have nice wide poses so they're easy to convert) $14

Destruction:

Grot Shaman/Warboss $17 or Savage Orruk Boss/ Wardokk $22

4 Orcs $14 (Look pretty easy to convert)

Chaos

Sorcerer Lord/Lord of Plagues $22 or Chaos Lord/ Magister $25

3 Chaos Warriors $14 (Tight pose, hard to do major conversions but weapon/head swaps shouldn't be too hard)

Order

3 Liberators $28 and a left handed terminator power sword from a friend/bits box

Using mad skills you can swap the hand the liberator prime handles his shield in and make him into a knight questor as long as you have a power sword and a space marine left hand floating around.

Behold how to bootleg a lord relictor

detatch the hammer from one hand stick the backpack ontop of it and swap the head over, use a spare liberator hammer and stick some stuff on his shoulders. I used thin plastic stiffened with super glue for the ribbon cape

tumblr_p35jpqP88d1swqxoeo1_1280.jpg

Edited by flemingmma
  • Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 11:36 PM, flemingmma said:

Can you talk me through what bits you've used here? Is that saint celestines body or one of the other SOB'S that come in that set?

Indeed it is. Her left hand and head are from the coven throne vampires. The cross guard is a pin with two small skulls mounted on. The wings are from the scourges and the shoulder guard (and eventual second) are from inquisitor greyfax.