AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

In the nameless highlands beyond the Rusted Shore, the barren hills are pock-marked with the scars of ancient, abandoned inudstry. Here outcasts, treasure-hunters and other detritus of civilization cling to life in ramshackle shanty towns, scavenging the ruins and dark tunnels for the treasures of the ancient ones. Protecting them from marauding beastmen and otherworldly daemons is left to the Reeves, a loose-knit brotherhood of monster-slayers and witch-finders. These grim warriors wield both martial skill and forbidden lore, a thin, ragged line against the darkness. Adar of Hur is one of their greatest legends, tirelessly patrolling the lands astride his snarling striding-drake, ebon eyes seeking foes in both this world and the next.

I couldn't resist making a second entry for the Eclipse competition aside from my duardin hakrazad priestess. It was a mad dash for the deadline...

DSC_0733.JPG

DSC_0734.JPG

DSC_0735.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

Edited by Shenordak
wierd text size
  • Like 16

Elatine Jast and the Realmgate Wardens patrol the Realmgates of Shyish, checking for corrupted gates and scouting for signs of Chaos incursions. They have been in the wilds of The Harrowmark for a very long time now, only returning to the Free Cities to resupply when they have to. But they harbour a dark secret: They have been exposed to the corrupting but subtle influences of The Changer of Ways. They do their best to hide their corruption and continue their work but it is getting more difficult as the months go by...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Elatine Jast, Witch Hunter and leader of the Realmgate Wardens of Wortbad, in Shyish.

Posted Image

Anderton Fenn - Freeguild General

Posted Image

Istrum Amathyst - Collegiate Arcane Gatemage

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 18

16 hours ago, Thundercake said:

I like it all, but for the flaming sword. For some reason it doesn't fit in my mind with what you wrote. But even the sword is well painted.

Hey thanks for the nice critique. Well, I see what you mean, but I don't agree. AoS28 might be exploring the darkness of Age of Sigmar, but its not low magic in the same vein as the Old World. I think the minis need an element of the fantastic, and so a flaming sword for the gritty, dinosaur-riding fantasy Clint Eastwood is very appropriate, from my point of view. ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nin Win said:

Can you talk some about what parts went into making these?  I'm not familiar enough with various ranges/armies to identify the guns for example.

Sure!
The legs and torsos are Empire (Freeguild) Greatswords. The heads are Wood Elf Wildwood rangers, the arms and guns are 40k Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarri Rangers, the pouches are from Dwarf Thunderers.

• Like 1

Please excuse the quality, if its poor, I do all my model making in the living room with my Mam, usually watching M*A*S*H! This is the beginning of my Dark Elf fella for my warband. There's still a bit to do on him, and I'm uncertain about the sword, but I'm somewhat happy with him. He'll be painted in a less garish version of the Marauder Dark Elf, an image of which I've posted too.

i hope you all like what I've produced, with not a lot of appropriate bits at hand

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

I am now fully expecting this to win! Awesome work!

Hey, don't jinx anything!

Seriously, thanks, but I think competing has been so much more satisfying than winning can ever be. This might sound corny, but we're all part of something great here and all the entries deserves to win. Eclipse has brought AoS28 to the limits of creativity and hopefully it will inspire other hobbyists out there to be creative and view their hobby in a different way.

Something like that, anyway... ?

13 minutes ago, Shenordak said:

Hey, don't jinx anything!

Seriously, thanks, but I think competing has been so much more satisfying than winning can ever be. This might sound corny, but we're all part of something great here and all the entries deserves to win. Eclipse has brought AoS28 to the limits of creativity and hopefully it will inspire other hobbyists out there to be creative and view their hobby in a different way.

Something like that, anyway... ?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery of entries. I've seen lots of incredible entries posted in various places online, but I'll bet there are plenty of people that have just been quietly emailing masterpieces to Ex Profundis under the radar! I don't envy them having to pick a winner.

The forsaken expedition (an offshoot of my army, the steel pilgrims), just getting started on them! A small expedition of scouts led by a sorcerer (Andrus) into an ancient Aelf temple came upon a sacred crown of writhing gold. After dispatching its spectral guardians, Andrus placed it on his brow whereupon it fused to his skin and twisted his mind and body to mirror its own insanity. While Andrus was able to mitigate the crown's worst effects, his companions were mutated into hideous caricatures of their former selves by the insane aura of the relic.

From left to right - Madman, Stilts, Andrus the Twisted, The Triplets, and Bird-boy.

18622369_10156197442488696_2066792969927324936_n.jpg

• Like 5

Angels of the Crescent Moon
an Aelf Warband

Great angels of the realm of light, they seek out any who may seek to bring chaos to their realm.
Under the light of the moon they strike, targeting leaders and monsters they are master assassins and huntsmen.

Here is the start to my new warband. Blessed elves of the realm of light.
I feel the angelic ascetic works well for the lore of light. 
I currently have 1 sister of the watch, 2 shadow warriors and 3 glade guard. I have yet to build my leader who will be a Waywatcher lord.

GladeP1.jpg

GladeP1.1.jpg

Glade1.jpg

Glade3.jpg

Shadow1.jpg

Shadow2.jpg

watch1.jpg

• Like 10

"Struggling to gain enough material to craft the more mordern suits often seen among the Kharadron Overlord major sky-port´s companies, the akranouts of Elgi-bar, the beast riding city in Ghur, are known for thier traditional equipment. Many of their armours hail back to the days when the ancestors of todays Kahadron Overlords fled from the Age of Chaos, and thier weapons are cruder than the modern weaponry the sky-fleets are reknowned for. This does by no means they are less effective as thier mordern counterparts, being made from old proved duardin craftsmanship, they are as deadly as any aether powered artillery".  

First published for my blog here at TGA, I think these old-fasion Overlords also have a place here in the grim theme of AoS28. 

20170529_075639[1].jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Malburr said:

"Struggling to gain enough material to craft the more mordern suits often seen among the Kharadron Overlord major sky-port´s companies, the akranouts of Elgi-bar, the beast riding city in Ghur, are known for thier traditional equipment. Many of their armours hail back to the days when the ancestors of todays Kahadron Overlords fled from the Age of Chaos, and thier weapons are cruder than the modern weaponry the sky-fleets are reknowned for. This does by no means they are less effective as thier mordern counterparts, being made from old proved duardin craftsmanship, they are as deadly as any aether powered artillery".  

First published for my blog here at TGA, I think these old-fasion Overlords also have a place here in the grim theme of AoS28. 

20170529_075639[1].jpg

Cool models and good background always have a place IMO

• Like 1

Sister of Selene

Many Seraphim of the realm of light have a wide range of magical abilities, Sisters of Selene possess the ability to manipulate light and form it into weapons and armour.  Expert assassins, they are tasked with routing out chaos and disposing of it efficiently and completely.

WatchP1.1.jpg

WatchP1.2.jpg

• Like 3

Hello everyone, the entries for the Eclipse competition are now online:

http://www.exprofundis.com/the-eclipse/

If your entry is not here or is incomplete, don't panic - it just means I must have missed it because there were far more entries than I expected and they are all over the damn place. Please comment below with a link.

Winners announced soon

eclipse.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, Bruticus said:

Hello everyone, the entries for the Eclipse competition are now online:

http://www.exprofundis.com/the-eclipse/

@Bruticus Thanks for the idea of running the competition and putting all the entries in one gallery! By the way; doesn't your Orruk belong in the gallery too? 

These are same great, creative entries! I'm impressed, excited and inspired.

Gate Warden Hadraniel
Waywatcher Lord

Blessed by Arch Seraphim Selene daughter of Teclis, Hadraniel has ascended beyond that of the Lightborn. He towers over his other kin and his ability to manipulate light to form weapons has be greatly increased.
With this power comes a task to protect the light realm gates and stopping any who may try to being chaos to the lightborns perfect world. Hadraniel is a master of assassination and ambush and will lead warbands to execute enemies of the Twin Gods.

WatcherP1.jpg

WatcherP2.jpg

WatcherP4.jpg

• Like 2