AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

@Giuseppe gdb Brilliant! Your stuff looks amazing, you are indeed very talented with GS and brushes alike... There are many different takes to AoS28 on this thread, which is something I really enjoy personally... Some people are privileging the dark humour of the setting, some others are working on the grim hopelessness, but it all comes together really nicely I have got to say... It is like going through old editions of warhammer and seeing the many changes that were made to the background and feel of the setting during the years.... Each reincarnation feels very different but they are still undeniably warhammer and there is a bit of every style in each edition.

• Like 2

So I just got into Age of Sigmar yesterday (I've been playing 40k for almost a year now) (My local GW shop is doing an AoS Path to Glory) and well I saw this thread and I'd like to hesitantly sign up for this and here are the conversions I've done for my Warband so far (Now these are only like my 3rd conversion so please excuse the bad greenstuffing, but I'm pretty proud of it nonetheless)

Now the conversions are Vargheists, but I wanted them to retain parts of their humanity, and as such they have armor, weapons, and masks to cover their horribly disfigured faces they were once so proud of.

If anyone is curious to the bits I've used I used from the Talos, Morghast, Vargheist, and Stormcast Vanguard Raptors

I'd love to know what you guys think :)

IMG_20170430_101141.webp

IMG_20170430_101218.webp

IMG_20170430_101244.webp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhivan said:

I'm so sorry for double posting but I have no clue how to edit or post pictures like the rest of you I'm sorry :(

When you are writing your post there is a spot at the bottom left that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." You just have to click on the "choose files..." option and then click on the photos you want to post.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 9:52 AM, Jamie the Jasper said:

Any chance of all the entries being collected in one place, even if they're not necessarily featured front-and-centre? Would be great to see how many people entered, what they came up with, what the general standard is, etc.

I'll try to collect every entry in one place, with a few winners getting a featured gallery. Some of this will depend on the photos I receive as not all photos are going to be suitable even if the models are great. It might be possible for me to photograph some of the winners if that is proving an obstacle.

• Like 1

Zexdiel: Seeker of the Carnival of Excess.

A cruel and mischievous daemon. His troupes purpose within the carnival is not performance and corruption but the hunting of those who can sense the corruption of chaos or those who try to escape and warn other towns.
Zexdiel will play with his prey, slowly breaking them mentally and physically, the more pain the merrier.

Hey guys here's my seeker for my carnival of chaos warband What do you think? I loved how he came out

Seeker1.jpg

Seeker2.jpg

Seeker3.jpg

• Like 1

My first post, and some WIP photos of the first member of my warband of dispossessed duardin, part of a planned exploration of different warbands (one from each grand alliance) from a region I call the Rusted Shore. She is intended as my eventual entry for the Eclipse competition.

On the bleak shores of the great Isirian Sea, the corroded iron towers and arched bridges of once great cities slowly crumble, eaten away by the constant assault of the salt-laced wind. In another age, men, elves  and duardin dwelt here, but their ancient cultures are gone, fallen to decadence and debauchery under the addictive influence of lurid, mind-rending salts that were extracted from the sea. What little remained was swept away by the invasion of chaos. But some survivors still remain.

Amidst abandoned salt pits and daemon-haunted ruins, the Störnheer duardin wander endlessly, guided by the prophetic lanterns of the forge-keepers, which preserve the smoldering flames of the hearths that once burned at the heart of lost holds. Their every possession is carried on their backs, or pulled along by hardy mule-drakes.

On their long sojourn it is the duty of the hakrazad, the guardians of the lost, to seek out and reconsecrate the sacred sites of their old civilization and to keep and preserve the old knowledge. On a more sinister note, is is also they who tend to the caravans unforged - those unfourtunate duardin who have been possessed by daemons.

IMG_20170502_105225_028.jpg

DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0412.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shenordak said:

My first post, and some WIP photos of the first member of my warband of dispossessed duardin, part of a planned exploration of different warbands (one from each grand alliance) from a region I call the Rusted Shore. She is intended as my eventual entry for the Eclipse competition.

This is a great conversion, and the backstory is absolutely top notch stuff! With a few simple changes to the model you've created something that looks very unique and characterful - I sometimes think that the best conversions don't look like conversions (i.e. they look like a cohesive, fully realised, commercially produced model) and your work here fits with that.

The backstory you've created makes me want to learn more about the location and the people/things that live there - it's very evocative and well written. A female dwarf is also a great idea and not something that we often get to see or even hear about, which I've never quite understood. The fact that your character has her mouth covered up with what looks to be a metal plate makes me think that perhaps duardin society is inherently misogynist, and perhaps it's customary for female duardin to have a silencing face plate where the men would have a long, flowing beard. Where the men show off a living symbol of their authority, wisdom and pride, the women are forced to wear a cold, hard mark of their supposed 'inferiority'.

Maybe I'm getting a little carried away there! :D

Mossblade the Knight of Spades - Crypt Haunter Courtier. 

Steed galloping over green fields / loping barefoot under the dark bowers.

Sun glinting on silvery armour / filthy claws and fetid breath.

Lance crashing into the shield of a worthy foe; a fellow knight / skull "helmet" smashing the ribs of a terrified, defenceless victim.

20170502_214211.jpg

20170502_214214.jpg

20170502_214219.jpg

20170502_214227.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/29/2017 at 7:48 AM, urion said:

I give you the Lady Ninsar, Loremaster of the Clan Ur, Bearer of the Weeping Crown. She will be leading my Winterleaf wargrove into battle.

Treelady 1.JPG

Treelady 2.JPG

This is just ridiculous There are too many details and beautiful fades for a 28mm model. This just makes me want to give up or really commit to getting better. Scr*w Kim Kardashian, Lady Ninsar has the butt that breaks the internet. 

Well done sir/madam 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

This is a great conversion, and the backstory is absolutely top notch stuff! With a few simple changes to the model you've created something that looks very unique and characterful - I sometimes think that the best conversions don't look like conversions (i.e. they look like a cohesive, fully realised, commercially produced model) and your work here fits with that.

The backstory you've created makes me want to learn more about the location and the people/things that live there - it's very evocative and well written. A female dwarf is also a great idea and not something that we often get to see or even hear about, which I've never quite understood. The fact that your character has her mouth covered up with what looks to be a metal plate makes me think that perhaps duardin society is inherently misogynist, and perhaps it's customary for female duardin to have a silencing face plate where the men would have a long, flowing beard. Where the men show off a living symbol of their authority, wisdom and pride, the women are forced to wear a cold, hard mark of their supposed 'inferiority'.

Maybe I'm getting a little carried away there! :D

Thank you for all the praise. Glad you like the Rusted Shore, there will be more to come. Feel free to explore your own ideas about its inhabitants, I can only scratch the surface.

The thing I've realised that I really like about AoS is that you have much more freedom to come up with your own settings and concepts without them feeling shoehorned in. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Old World and its rich detailed settings, but you couldn't even design your own Elector Count without infringing on established details. So, to have more artistic freedom I have mostly stayed in the 40k universe, even though I enjoy fantasy-settings more. In that regard I much prefer the Planescape-esque infinite realms of Age of Sigmar.

And regarding face-plates: the combination of partially bald scalp and impressive hair, along with the armoured face plate, made me think "hmmm... Dwarf". The rest of my selection of female heads looked to delicate to fit. Hair and beards are very important to duardin of both sexes, so women would be even more invested in their hair. I see the faceplate as nothing more than armour, or maybe some kind of dust filter. The males either use beardplates or (for those with impressive beards) make do with the beard itself.

4 hours ago, Shenordak said:

And regarding face-plates: the combination of partially bald scalp and impressive hair, along with the armoured face plate, made me think "hmmm... Dwarf". The rest of my selection of female heads looked to delicate to fit. Hair and beards are very important to duardin of both sexes, so women would be even more invested in their hair. I see the faceplate as nothing more than armour, or maybe some kind of dust filter. The males either use beardplates or (for those with impressive beards) make do with the beard itself.

Given the setting that you've established, I did wonder if the face plate represented some kind of filter.

Here is my finished duardin, honoured hakrazad of the seventh caravan, armed, armoured and prepared for any terrors lurking in the ruins. Next up will be clansmen of her caravan, the daemon-possesed unforged under her care and maybe a mule-drake.

IMG_20170504_180024_208.jpg

IMG_20170504_180024_207.jpg

DSC_0468.JPG

• Like 4