AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

Onna of the Carnival of Excess 

Hey guys this is my first post and here's first character of my warband, Onna which will be a Herald of Slaanesh. The idea for this warband is a slaaneshy carnival of chaos that go round messing with mortals and making them suffer.

First they appear, a fleet of performers covered in bright colours and surrounded in intoxicating mist.
Second they indulge the mortals in all there wildest pleasures turning them into beings of sin.
Then they disappear without warning,  the mortals are reduced to chaos, depraved of the pleasures of the carnival.
Finally the monsters of excess return to indulge in the pain and suffering of the populous. Those truly corrupted are adopted into the carnival and so the cycle continues.

Onna1.jpg

Onna2.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TheMadJester said:

Onna of the Carnival of Excess 

Hey guys this is my first post and here's first character of my warband, Onna which will be a Herald of Slaanesh. The idea for this warband is a slaaneshy carnival of chaos that go round messing with mortals and making them suffer.

First they appear, a fleet of performers covered in bright colours and surrounded in intoxicating mist.
Second they indulge the mortals in all there wildest pleasures turning them into beings of sin.
Then they disappear without warning,  the mortals are reduced to chaos, depraved of the pleasures of the carnival.
Finally the monsters of excess return to indulge in the pain and suffering of the populous. Those truly corrupted are adopted into the carnival and so the cycle continues.

Onna1.jpg

Onna2.jpg

So effin cool. Someting in the combination story and model really sparks! well done.

• Like 1

Shape-shifter

Head-taker

Dragon

Elder-thing

Beast-hunter

Mystic

Daemon

Witch

All and none of these illuminate the Ulguneth

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2935.JPG

IMG_2936.JPG

Here's the first two pieces from my fledgling Ulguneth (Shadow Aelves / Dark Elves) warband for AOS28. I'm trying to create a piece for what I feel is each archetype of the Dark Elves. Hopefully you can tell pretty clearly which each of these are! I have 8 archetypes to work through.

Really happy with the overall conversion of the Mystic, and the OSL for the Head-taker!

Currently working on what I feel is one of my best conversions ever for the Witch Hunter comp!

• Like 4

The Witchsmeller Accusant is ready to be introduced to a paintbrush! I've had a lot of fun converting this. It's not a perfect conversion and there are a few bits that could have benefited from more time and attention, but I'm very pleased with the overall character of the model. I'm starting to learn that I need to call things done before I start obsessing over getting every detail perfect - that generally leads to me losing interest in the project.

Witchsmeller Accusant 5.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 6.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 7.jpg

Witchsmeller Accusant 8.jpg

17 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

The Witchsmeller Accusant is ready to be introduced to a paintbrush! I've had a lot of fun converting this. It's not a perfect conversion and there are a few bits that could have benefited from more time and attention, but I'm very pleased with the overall character of the model. I'm starting to learn that I need to call things done before I start obsessing over getting every detail perfect - that generally leads to me losing interest in the project.

Well, the severed horse head looks great now! The whole model does! Cn't wait to see it painted

4 hours ago, Hagen said:

Well, the severed horse head looks great now! The whole model does! Cn't wait to see it painted

Thanks, your advice was a big help - I'm not sure that I interpreted it exactly as you intended, but it worked out well in any case!

1 hour ago, Dwerg said:

@Jamie the Jasper I agree with Hagen, the severed head looks great!

Thanks! I've got a feeling that the horse's head is going to be the most fun part to paint.

My enter for the eclipse competition is done.

20170415_101201.jpg

Georgius was to be reforged achter being slain by a demon in the chaos realm. A piece of his essence was clawed away by the demon when Sigmar's lightning reclaimed the fallen stormcast eternal. After his reforging, Georgius became a knight questor, searching the realms for his missing piece of essence, slaying the demons he meets in his quest.

• Like 4

Shivir Daemonett of the Carnival

Here is my first daemonett for my slanneshy carnival of chaos warband.  I've never liked the normal daemonetts and I didn't feel that they fit the theme well.
I wanted her to not appear so chaos as lore wise they appear as just a normal carnival and over time corrupt the town/ city they've appeared in. I felt making them look like aelfs made sense since slannesh and the aelfs have always had a close relation, especially now in age of sigmar.

leader1.jpg

leader2.jpg

leader3.jpg

• Like 2

I completed my Eclipse Entry.

After some pondering about doing him really "dark" I felt it better to hold closer to my own style and painted him in honour of the rest of the stormcast I've painted so far so he can lead and/or join them.

Meet Motif a Lord Relictor so taciturn it'd make stones look loquacious. He has a special gift that helps him find the damned.  A great pale bird that speaks for him and flits in and out of being without respect for the natural laws that apply in the mortal realms - whatever those laws may be.

58fe56d588a72_2017-04-2320_35_15.jpg.4dee2c279b99c923c8a657557efe2c70.jpg

Motif scrawls notes on the parchments he fastens to himself, a history or diary of his actions.

58fe56fccc869_2017-04-2320_35_40.jpg.bcaa59e2567c99b270dcc106d8385525.jpg

Motif has died many, many times and most attribute his odd way to his lonely work and the number of his reforgings.

In truth Motif (as a Stormcast) has always been this way, though none among the Stormcast can remember a time when there has not been at least a rumour of Motif.

I'll save further fleshing out for when I do Motif mark 2 (with even more parchment!)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bruticus said:

It's really great to see so many entries to the competition. There is still time to enter, plenty of time really - the deadline is the 18th. 

I'd like to feature the winning entries on Ex Profundis, so make sure you get some good photos.

Any chance of all the entries being collected in one place, even if they're not necessarily featured front-and-centre? Would be great to see how many people entered, what they came up with, what the general standard is, etc.

The Carnival Grows

Next 2 members of my slanneshy warband are all painted up. My Chaos warrior with 2 hand weapons called: The Puppet, and my first deamonettnamed: Shivir. Next i'll be painting up my 2nd daemonett and then I need to convert up my warband leader, a Chaos Lord. Then convert up a seeker of slannesh and the warband will be complete. 

ThePuppet1.jpg

ThePuppet2.jpg

Troupeleader1.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Giuseppe gdb said:

tumblr_op2666Lcyb1un8bpeo1_540.jpg

Giuseppe I so love your style!!

Very reminiscent of Joe Hill early 2000 works, they have a great "fairy tale" flavour, as if they just popped out from some old illustration of a Grimm Brothers' anthology! Your Golem in particular shows some real skills, as it looks very much alive and realistic even with a monochromatic colour scheme... Bravissimo!

Hagen

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 1