AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

Hello everyone. I'm new to the TGA and this will be my first post on these forums. I'm not quite new to AoS28 though and I've posted several times on the facebook page. I'm not sure how many people there are on here that aren't on there so I thought I'd post some pictures here that I've already posted there just in case some of you haven't seen them.

The first picture is of Aeos'aelios, the Summoner. He is the leader of my Hinterlands Tzeenchian warband. The concept behind him is that he is a shapeshifter who uses specially prepared masks to take on the forms of other beings. Anything from a powerful bloodletter to a lowly goblin.

Gaunt Summoner 1.JPG

• Like 12

Thank you. That is a board that my brother worked on, he painted it, flocked it and used resin for the water. It got a little warped when he left it in the car on a hot day so he traded it to the local game store for another one and is currently working on that one. I have some more picture I'll be posting that involve more terrain he has painted.

Don't have a great camera like some of you outstanding folks, however here is my first character for my chaos warband.

Volthus Eidolon always knew he was the best of all his brothers. He took great pride in the fact that he was the youngest of his father's 4 children, but the best when it came to sportsmanship. Needless to say when the age of chaos consumed Hysh Volthus took great pleasure in betraying his family and cutting them down all in the name of a newly found dark God. With his blade thrusting through his fathers heart Volthus took the title of King of Luminos Spire and threw his people down the path of pleasure and excess. Families that stood against the new king had their skin flayed from their bodies, kept alive by magic to prolong their suffering. 

Volthus ruled from his golden tower on a throne of flayed flesh. Attacks on the surrounding Aelf population was guided by greater demons of excess, and their lesser minions. His actions have now drawn the attention of the everchosen, which has set him on his pleasurebound call to greatness.

20170411_090153.jpg

• Like 6

So can we talk a bit about the 'blanchitsu' style of painting? I've been looking around and found some nice articles (on Ex Profundis for example) about what it is. And it obviously isn't one single way of painting. I think I'd like to mimic some of the colors John Blanche uses (I heard he never uses blue in his drawings). I'm having fun with the proces of figuring out the color scheme for my with hunter. It may be the first time I don't have a clear idea about how I want the model to look. I've mapped out the base colors on the model. the red armour is my main point of concern. I think I like it, but it may be a bit to much. I'd love to read everyone's thoughts.

t2vAKnHm.jpg lHDyCxmm.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

That is great because a lot of Inq28 is actually toning down some absurd details in favour of subtlety, in this case, making a stand out model have a helmet like that gives it more relevance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't think it's possible to turn this model into anything subtle. I'm just aiming for something other than the classice Khorne chaos warrior look.

6 hours ago, Dwerg said:

@urion I like the mix of earthly colors with the green glow!

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. It was meant to be more lush then glowy, but glowy works too. :)

2 hours ago, Coganaut said:

This is one of the greatest ideas!

Thanks. That means a lot. It worked out pretty smoothly and I'm definitely happy with the results.

It has been a productive couple of days.

My demon inquisitrix has a few more additions to her retinue; a banner bearer and musician and an advisor (who I see as a smart but weak and feeble demon, scared of getting hurt).

20170415_101454.jpg20170415_101439.jpg20170415_101530.jpg

And a group shot of the lot.

20170415_101723.jpg

And now to get some paint on my entry for the Eclipse competition from Bruticus

• Like 8