AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

7 hours ago, Inquisitor Risium said:

Has anyone else seen the Kharadron Overlords!? The look absolutely stunning, and I can't wait to see what kind of mad schemes people come up with though. Even for their races, they are full of possibilities

Yes, saw them and can't control my hype!!! I mean, Pirate sky-dwarves guys, PIRATE... SKY... DWARVES!!! :D:D:D

That just reminded me that somebody was doing a very interesting Chamon sky-docks war band for AoS28 a few pages ago... He might want to check these!

• Like 2

Has anyone else seen the Kharadron Overlords!? The look absolutely stunning, and I can't wait to see what kind of mad schemes people come up with though. Even for their races, they are full of possibilities

Damned ! They stole my idea. :) I was planning to build something similar inspired by the Rackham dwarves in the golden years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Warband completed, at least for now! (more dregs or similar are needed but i must continue other project, including painting these!!)

last member of the crew

havel_1.jpg

havel_4.jpg

group photo:

banda_vera.jpg

other pics:

vera_1.jpg

vera_3.jpg

vera_4.jpg

bobo_1.jpg

bobo_2.jpg

Edited by Morghot
  • Like 7

havel_1.jpg

@MorghotI love him. For a coincidence, maybe is he inspired in Havel the Rock from Dark Souls?  I just love the Blithkings armor desings, but I don't like Nurgle T.T I will copy the trick of fulling the corrosion holes with greenstuff!

havel_the_rock_by_anghellic67-d7fnufw.jp

Edited by Galas
  • Like 2

Dainna the huntress, Chosen of the city of Themyskyr. 

More of a breakdown of how i built her and her fluff over at mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk

I'm really happy with how she came out and I'm tempted to actually run her as an empire general and have her lead her own warband separate from the dawn knight.

17274563_10206357317091285_927822851_n.jpg

17274820_10206357142446919_396287402_n.jpg

• Like 16

I usually paint rather brightly, and struggle towards ever neater paint jobs. I'm seeing and reading some cool stuff that makes me feel less put off about mastering a darker aesthetic so here's the first mini I've painted for my warband. It's going to be a few Stormcast and then some unlikely chaps.

2017-03-11 19.44.52.jpg

2017-03-11 19.44.21.jpg

2017-03-11 19.44.35.jpg

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Galas said:

@MorghotI love him. For a coincidence, maybe is he inspired in Havel the Rock from Dark Souls?  I just love the Blithkings armor desings, but I don't like Nurgle T.T I will copy the trick of fulling the corrosion holes with greenstuff!

@Galas It's him :D! Love Dark Souls and i think there is a lot of inspiration to be taken from it especially for aos28!  

Anyway I thought i'd posted it before but i was wrong, must remove his photo from the spoiler <.<!

Always a lot of great work here,  all of you, your lady @nicromancer is outstanding!

Edited by Morghot
  • Like 1

All the models here are fantastic. Also I love the term ulguneth, I pronounce it with a very hard Ul at the beginning, not an ool sound. Sounds more elf. Looks like I might have to read the rules and think up my own warband. Maybe something not greenskins for once [emoji12]

• Like 1

There's so much incredible stuff in this thread that I feel a little shy posting my own humble WIPs but here goes:

“Pirates? What d’ye be askin’ about pirates for, lad? If them navy lads hear ye saying such things they’ll be haulin’ you off to meet the rope, don’t ye know?

“Hm? Not frightened? Fine. I can tell ye about pirates. Sail the seas of Ghur as long as I have and ye’ll learn plenty of things them high and mighty Azyrites don’t tell you. Lean in close, boy. I don’t want to be overheard by one o’ them damned Witch Hunters.

“Ain’t just Chaos that infests the Seafangs. Don’t know how them pirates did it, but they survived the long dark before his great golden gloriousness deigned to show hisself. No, no, you’re gettin’ the wrong idea, boy. They ain’t fallen to Chaos. Just the opposite. Them scoundrels’ll fight anyone who crosses their bows; merchants, daemons, Stormcast, it don’t matter to them. They live how they want – no law, no rule, no gods, none of it. Nothin’ matters to ‘em, save what they can take with a pistol and keep with a cutlass.

“Oh, plenty have tried to stop ‘em. But them pirate lads is like quicksilver in your hands, see? Anyone gets close they cut and run, off to another hideaway. Must be hundreds of islands in the Seafangs, and not even the dark gods could hold ‘em all. Thing is, Sigmar likes his ships big with lots of cannon, but them pirates is smart – they use fast little things, ships ye’ll never catch, ships that’ll be on yer before ye can blink. Why in blazes do ye think Sigmar’s Navy has so many ships patrollin’ the trade routes?

“Careful, lad. I see that glint in yer eye. Might sound better than living ‘ere under the eyes of the Witch Hunters, but it’s a hard life, and make no mistake… them pirates is cruel. Vicious. Sail out into the realm o’ beasts and ye’d do well to always keep one eye on the horizon…”

- overheard in a tavern by the Excelsis docks

I actually first built a Mordheim pirate warband about six years ago - built and painted in about a week, they had no mould lines removed, thick, flat paintjobs and were pretty much just stock Empire Militia. So naturally I wanted to go back and redo them in a way that not only looked better but also actually looked like pirates! Since my decision to do so came at the same time as AoS28 was starting up I thought they'd fit in well here.

My greenstuff skills aren't amazing but I'm happy with how they're shaping up. Here's the ship's second mate on the left and a slightly overweight crewman on the right:

tLu4Jpf.png

More ambitious than the rest of the crew was the Captain - I had an image of a "gentleman pirate" in my head that required a fair bit of green stuff work to achieve. Lots of pics of this guy since the angles of the model make him fairly difficult to photograph:

xTd97iI.png

fLbECRV.png

ukSvAYr.png

LLA6LuG.png

That's about all for now. There are another four crewmen in the early stages of painting but beyond that I'm going to need to buy some flagellants for more suitably ragged bodies and some pistoliers for more, well, pistols xD

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Davariel said:

More ambitious than the rest of the crew was the Captain - I had an image of a "gentleman pirate" in my head that required a fair bit of green stuff work to achieve. Lots of pics of this guy since the angles of the model make him fairly difficult to photograph:

Hey Davariel, really nice conversions! I did something very similar a while ago for a marienburg war band commission (you can find some pics of them here if you are interested)

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,51032.75.html 

Can't wait to see them painted!

Hagen

• Like 2

eclipseFB.jpg.b2c3365ff8648bc4ec997db72e5ab117.jpg

The Eclipse is the first event of The Dark Age of Sigmar. It is a competition to create a witch hunter to lead your Hinterlands warband, to use in Warhammer Quest or for any other purpose. You will need to make a single figure – a witch hunter – following the usual AoS28 guidelines.

The model can be of any race or any character so long as they fit the rough concept of a witch hunter. The model should have a name and a bit of background. You could enter a model that is already built, but it would be better to make a new one.

A witch hunter does not need to be a human, and does not need to wear a buckled hat. In the Age of Sigmar a witch hunter can refer to someone who fights against Chaos, monsters or the beasts of the Realms.

Although there is no real prize, winning entries will be featured in a gallery on Ex Profundis and may be invited to participate in a special game of Warhammer Quest using your hero.

For more information, please see this post: http://www.exprofundis.com/eclipse-aos28-competition/

• Like 5

eclipseFB.jpg.b2c3365ff8648bc4ec997db72e5ab117.jpg
The Eclipse is the first event of The Dark Age of Sigmar. It is a competition to create a witch hunter to lead your Hinterlands warband, to use in Warhammer Quest or for any other purpose. You will need to make a single figure – a witch hunter – following the usual AoS28 guidelines.
The model can be of any race or any character so long as they fit the rough concept of a witch hunter. The model should have a name and a bit of background. You could enter a model that is already built, but it would be better to make a new one.
A witch hunter does not need to be a human, and does not need to wear a buckled hat. In the Age of Sigmar a witch hunter can refer to someone who fights against Chaos, monsters or the beasts of the Realms.
Although there is no real prize, winning entries will be featured in a gallery on Ex Profundis and may be invited to participate in a special game of Warhammer Quest using your hero.
For more information, please see this post: http://www.exprofundis.com/eclipse-aos28-competition/

I'm in !

2 hours ago, Gavroche said:

Does it have to be painted? (I only convert but have someone else paint for me as i don't really enjoy that bit :-p )

It does have to be painted if you want a chance at winning. But you're welcome to take part with an unpainted model.

1 hour ago, Darth Mustard said:

Quick question since I am a complete stranger to AoS background, are new races possible without being chaotic aligned ? Where (reading or blog) could I grasp what AoS is all about ?

Check out GW's very own Age of Sigmar primer. Totally free, covers all the main beats of the background and features loads of cool art:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/wh-aos-primers.html

If that's not enough for you, a quick Google reveals 1d4chan's AoS page, which I haven't read but seems to cover most of the bases in detail, though fair warning, will probably have fairly strong internet humour/fan conjecture vibes:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar

• Like 1