AoS28 - The Dark Age of Sigmar

Ben

45 minutes ago, Dr green said:

That's totally how I pictured Flesh Eater Court when I wrote the Battletome !

Very good job !

When you WROTE the battletome?!?!?!?! This is probably the single best comment I've ever received!

• Like 4

Sadly I haven't had the time to start on my warband properly, despite having most of what I need for them. 

I was inspired by the Horus Heresy character series, various books, and later blogs like Ex Profudis, to start a story set in the Warhammer universes. Each story would be filled with characters of all shapes and sizes, some of them leading my armies, some of them traveling alone, some of them somewhere in between. This has been going for quite a while, but the Dark Age Of Sigmar has finally pushed me to start on the AoS story. The story itself has changed over time, but both the basics and the core idea of it has remained the same. I, not living in the Mortal Realms myself, can only do so little to explain the base idea of the story, so I shall leave it to one of my characters:

"The Realms, including the Sigmar-Forsaken wasteland that is the Realm Of Chaos, are composed in much the same way. They are physical manifestations of magic, the force or energy that makes up our reality. We, as souls, swim through this murk of sorcery, our beings like a flickering candlelight, faint, yet bright enough to draw unwanted attention. The magic of each Realm acts in a certain way, subtly different from each other, the land falling to fit its patterns. In Shyish, for example, because of the peculiarities of that Realm, everything is in constant decline. That is a simple fact of life there. The same can be said for Ghur. It is a land of savagery, and thus its landscape reflects that. Many of the giant skeletons that litter the Great Plains there don't actually belong to any known species, the Realm itself created them. 

This sea of energy can be manipulated. Sorcerers use incantations to warp the magic, Cairns or monuments can be raised to direct its current. Daemons, accursed beings, are drawn to our candlelight souls or our great towers like moths to a flame, blank and empty spaces amidst the shining waters where a soul would reside.

These are facts, proven by my colleagues in the Collegiate Arcanum time and time again. However I study a different path. For I believe there is something else present in the endless shifting depths of reality. Fate. 

I belive that there is a frequency, a level of sound, only detectable by those whose souls are so steeped in fell arts, or whose lives are coiled in the hands of fate to such an extreme extent. These people would hear something. A  rhythm, a never ending chorus, always there, never stopping. The beating of the drums, the sighing of the harp. It has been spoken of in whispers or hushed fairytales, all across the Realms, all throughout history. Some say that Sigmar himself unknowingly taps out its tune while he broods, or that the Great Necromancer hears its sounds. Some say that only Tzeentch is privy to its full glory. 

It has been given many names. The Chorus of the Universe, the Great Song, the Telk'Ilniss, the Harmony of Time, the Scriveners Moon...

...and I'm going to find it."

-Besmith Osiman of the Collegiate Arcanum

Edited by Inquisitor Risium
  • Like 4

Deep in the marches dwells a race of amphibians. The local people call them "Froglodytes", and hang dried swamp-toads outside their houses to ward the monsters away. The more learned inhabitants of Fort Dirge wonder if they are creatures of chaos formed by the marsh itself, or some twisted remnant of the long-departed Seraphon.

For their part, the marsh-hunters stay away from mankind. Humanity has little to offer them, and men can never be part of the spirit of the swamp they way that they are. However, while humans are foolish, skaven are a downright blasphemy to them, and their best hunters have been known to guide the groups of determined soldiers who issue forth from Fort Dirge to take the battle to Clan Pestilens.

Slaark Shallow-Stalker is one such guide. He has killed many foes, as shown by the coloured baubles he wears, and carries the skulls of chaos champions to add their cunning to his own. Before battle he listens carefully to their empty heads, hearing the voice of the marshes whispering through their white teeth. He carries the colours of Count Dirge on a pauldron, given to him both as a gesture of thanks and to prevent the count's own men firing at him.  Dozens of ratmen have fallen to Slaark's skinning knife, their bodies swallowed by the marsh.

Slaark.jpg

Slaark2.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Dez said:

..... Blight Knights would make cool Bullfrogs!

Dear lord this thing has only been going for what a month and every Idea I have for an original warband is being thrown out there by other people :( lol

1 hour ago, maxxev said:

Dear lord this thing has only been going for what a month and every Idea I have for an original warband is being thrown out there by other people :( lol

I'm not sure if you're joking, but if you are put off, don't be. Seeing the work of other people on this thread has inspired me to take more time on what I'm doing and go the extra mile.  The way I see it, originality is as much doing exactly what you want to do as doing something that nobody else has thought of before. Two people could have very similar ideas or build warbands off very similar models but end up with totally different things.

• Like 3

On 03/03/2017 at 10:58 PM, Dez said:
On 03/03/2017 at 10:12 PM, Dr green said:

That's totally how I pictured Flesh Eater Court when I wrote the Battletome !

Very good job !

When you WROTE the battletome?!?!?!?! This is probably the single best comment I've ever received!

Sorry, i'm french and my english is bad ^^

I mean "read" of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stuck this up in the Facebook group yesterday but forgot to post it here. 

A vampire lord general for a Death warband, his fluff Is about a glade lord turned by soul Blight and driven mad by isolation. Going to do some beasts to go with him at some point. 

IMG_5712.JPG

Edited by Old Woden
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, Old Woden said:

A vampire lord general for a Death warband, his fluff Is about a glade lord turned by soul Blight and driven mad by isolation. Going to do some beasts to go with him at some point. 

IMG_5712.JPG

Amazing! Are those scourge wings?

IMG_5712.JPG.3edea3bb12647931671b0607c07c90da.JPG

Awesome, looks like Sephiroth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wonderful topic and project! Im thinking about a lot of things to do but for now im working on update my ex-mordheim warband of undead and move them into this new aos realms, so here some of my wip and finished models! Sorry for the lack of explanation about them (conversions and bg) but im not  english and it would take too much time to write all (in a bad english anyway xD).

2 dreg, Gogol (the hunchbacked) and Messer Sottile, these are the only two  already done time ago for the mordheim warband

reietti1.jpg

Bobo (dreg)

wip, i wanto to make him a more like big voodo doll style thanks to some tips ive received yesterday

bobo_1.jpg

Isaia the Apostate (necromancer)

the dregs are his servant

Isaia_l_Apostata_1.jpg

Isaia_l_Apostata_2.jpg

Vera Belmont (vampire)

wip, the vampire who came to visit Isaia in Hammerhal due to his monstrous baby/fetus, still in wip must make she a new sword

vera_1.jpg

vera_2.jpg

Edited by Morghot
  • Like 10

WOOOOWWW!! 

My home pc broke up during the week end so I did not check this space for a couple of days and some amazing work has been done in my absence!

Dr green your Flesheaters look fantastic, I only glimpsed the Battletome myself unfortunately but for what I read and have been told your take on them is really in line with the spirit of the army! Your conversions are simple and very evvective and for some reason that I cannot understand I much prefer the look of the plastic bretonnian helms on your minis than on the actual knights. You need a cavalry piece now! A ghoul-knight, how cool would that be?    

Old Wooden, your Vampire is one of the most impressive conversions I have seen on TGA, simple, original, smooth and refreshing! I might join Elfhead and steal this in the future!

Curnow, I really like all your minis, but the Slaanesh champion is a masterpiece! Where do the bits come from if I may ask?

I have not been idle myself and during the week end I finally finished the conversion on my Alluminarch, Leader of my small band of followers of the Law Gods. 

His name is Malakia, 12th Abbot of Anaryn, a great scholar and accomplished warrior who won his rank through relentless discipline, iron will and adamantine faith in the Lord Alluminas. He is the protector of the vale and all feudal lords living at the edge of his dominion ultimately swore oaths to him and to the Law as they all understood that the knowledge held by the Alluminarchate is more powerful than any mortal (or indeed magical) weapon in their arsenal.

The mini itself it's full of symbolisms that remind of the old lore of WFRP: the symbol of Alluminas, a circle surrounded by eight rays, has been slightly reinterpreted and now looks like the Thousand's Sons pre-heresy heraldry, which I always really liked as it conceives both arcane power and the struggle to order and enlightenment, which are the main themes of the Alluminarchate anyway. On his head rests a tiara adorned with the mark of his patron, the object being both a powerful symbol and a war instrument. On his back three keys represent the mythical keys to the tomb of Arianka, which the order desperately looks for across the Realms. Finally in his hand he holds the Sceptre of the Cleansing Fire of Zuvassin, an incredibly old and powerful relic of the World that Was imbued with the last gift of an extinct Chaos God. It is said that Zuvassin the Undoer cast this fire onto the earth as a powerful weapon against the power of his brother gods. Every creature corrupted or warped by Chaos touched by the flames instantly catches fire and burns with holy intensity until all mutations and marks of the chaos gods are completely dissolved, revealing the original aspect of the redeemed creature before the Ruinos Powers bestowed their gifts upon it. It is very rare that a chaos follower survives this ordeal, but wether it does or does not his body and soul will be completely purified from the taint of Chaos. It is rumoured that the Cleansing Fire is the reason behind Sigmar's interest in the Alluminarchate and that the God King's intention is to use the sacred flames to aid the process of reforge of his warrior chambers and make sure that no hint of chaos can corrupt his holy work.

I am really happy with the conversion, as it is really close to the original concept I sketched a few weeks ago, and conceives quite well the hybrid of cleric, wizard and warrior that I wanted to represent with these models.

Let me know your thoughts!

Hagen

Luminarcato.jpg

Luminarca1.jpg

Luminarca2.jpg

Luminarca3.jpg

Luminarca Malakia.jpg

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 18
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Morghot said:

wip, the vampire who came to visit Isaia in Hammerhal due to his monstrous baby/fetus, still in wip must make she a new sword

vera_1.jpg

Is the mutant baby a reference to Eraserhead?? Such a cool idea ;)  Whole band amazing!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morghot said:

Wonderful topic and project! Im thinking about a lot of things to do but for now im working on update my ex-mordheim warband of undead and move them into this new aos realms, so here some of my wip and finished models! Sorry for the lack of explanation about them (conversions and bg) but im not  english and it would take too much time to write all (in a bad english anyway xD).

2 dreg, Gogol (the hunchbacked) and Messer Sottile, these are the only two  already done time ago for the mordheim warband

reietti1.jpg

Bobo (dreg)

wip, i wanto to make him a more like big voodo doll style thanks to some tips ive received yesterday

bobo_1.jpg

Isaia the Apostate (necromancer)

the dregs are his servant

Isaia_l_Apostata_1.jpg

Isaia_l_Apostata_2.jpg

Vera Belmont (vampire)

vera_1.jpg

vera_2.jpg

Don't worry about your english! And more importantly: Dang, son! That's some top notch green stuff work. the nails on the grunt with the hand axe :x

@hagen the slannesh champion is 80 vargarian trimmed at the hips slightly so he can stand .trimmed his stirrups off and repositioned his feet slightly . Left arm is from a slaughterpriest and head is from the figure that holds up the cauldron of blood i love that he hasn't got a mouth . Just added a top knot and some spines .sword is from forge worlds fulgrim and the loin cloths are from dreamforge games heavy troopers .

@VBS Bingo! Glad someone noticed it! :D

@Kramer thanks man, too kind!

@Hagen Wow i love your work and also your painted stormcast posted in the first pages! Amazing it's how i always want to make stormcast, marble style! Amazing fit super well with the aos universe and at the same time with this project! And i noticed from your scatch you are italian , like me!xD 

ps: non sei iscritto su forumgwtilea? Proprio da poco si è aperto un topic su aos28 e sarebbe fantastico vedere le tue opere anche lì, meritano troppo!!

14 minutes ago, Morghot said:

@VBS Bingo! Glad someone noticed it! :D

@Kramer thanks man, too kind!

@Hagen Wow i love your work and also your painted stormcast posted in the first pages! Amazing it's how i always want to make stormcast, marble style! Amazing fit super well with the aos universe and at the same time with this project! And i noticed from your scatch you are italian , like me!xD 

ps: non sei iscritto su forumgwtilea? Proprio da poco si è aperto un topic su aos28 e sarebbe fantastico vedere le tue opere anche lì, meritano troppo!!

Thank you Morgoth! I just sent you a PM about Forum GWTilea.

Also, sorry I forgot to mention it previously, your war band looks really cool, I am especially fond of the Necromancer. You do have some Green stuff skills!

And don't worry about your english, I post huge and annoying text walls in here and nobody ever told me anything about my many mistakes, this community is really kind toward us non-native speakers.

Hagen

Some more work on my mixed band of troublemakers .

A warrior of the changer of ways .

I wanted to keep some clasic themes but stay away from the avian theme so went with flaming claw/fist and the classic horns and main of hair .

tmp_21998-20170306_1750571147649025.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_175046-1130529827.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_1750341982267748.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_175014-298467050.jpg

Edited by curnow
  • Like 9

47 minutes ago, curnow said:

Some more work on my mixed band of troublemakers .

A warrior of the changer of ways .

I wanted to keep some clasic themes but stay away from the avian theme so went with flaming claw/fist and the classic horns and main of hair .

tmp_21998-20170306_1750571147649025.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_175046-1130529827.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_1750341982267748.jpg

tmp_21998-20170306_175014-298467050.jpg

What are you using for those legs/torsos? No idea what kits those are. Obviously they look amazing!