Las Vegas Open 2017 Results + Lists

It's up to more local event organizers to get the ball moving. There are some areas progressed more into the competitive scene here than others.

It's very regional. I've played a lot of local events, and I've never heard of Frontline Gaming until just before the LVO as far as events. I've only known them from gaming mats. And I'm more in tune with the tournament scene than most... focusing here on the midwest. I attended ~8 2-day tournaments a year before AoS. Which is a LOT here in the US.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kisada11 said:

@Rhellion those tournaments you attend aren't ITC events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost definitely not.  ITC has not nearly the penetration into AoS that they have in 40k.  The 40k events in my region are all ITC all the time, but most of those guys don't even know that ITC does AoS as well.

4 hours ago, Kisada11 said:

@Rhellion those tournaments you attend aren't ITC events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never attended an ITC event.

For example, Adepticon is the largest AoS event in the US and is not an ITC event.

I've done a little research on the system lately. The app seems nice but their interview on Rolling Bad turned me off. I could take it or leave it. Currently I wouldn't push any of my local events to adopt it.

7 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I'm fairly down on the concept of rankings in general.  Not to the point of thinking they shouldn't be a thing at all, but to the point of where I'd opt out of being included myself.

There are not enough large events in the entirety of the United States (let alone regionally) that a rankings site give an accurate representation. Especially of decent size events, not local 10 layer events. min 30 to 50+ people (or 100).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 11:01 AM, amysrevenge said:

Almost definitely not.  ITC has not nearly the penetration into AoS that they have in 40k.  The 40k events in my region are all ITC all the time, but most of those guys don't even know that ITC does AoS as well.

Another issue with ITC is that they're non-existent on the east coast.  I'm from New Jersey... ITC does not exist out here, for whatever reason its a west coast only thing.

4 hours ago, IronjawzBrian said:

Another issue with ITC is that they're non-existent on the east coast.  I'm from New Jersey... ITC does not exist out here, for whatever reason its a west coast only thing.

Its quite a force in the hartland. (all the events in Oklahoma are ITC events, as are the big ones in surrounding states. 

5 hours ago, IronjawzBrian said:

In my area of Florida I'm not even aware of any ITC events, they might be like down south or north, but not around Tampa that I can tell.  

9 hours ago, IronjawzBrian said:

They're not on the east coast at all.  Its a west and midwest thing.

That is a shame, I kinda like what they have done with 40k to have some structure to it.  Of course, in my area I'm not even aware of any sort of competitive type of Warhammer play, I play at a GW store where everything is super laid back and it's an uphill battle even getting people to use something other than just the basic "kill everything" battleplan...

9 hours ago, IronjawzBrian said:

They're not on the east coast at all.  Its a west and midwest thing.

At all is a little extreme.  If you go on Frontline Gamings website it will give you a list of upcoming events.  I know the portal in Connecticut usually has a 40k ITC event every few months.  When I was into 40k fairly hardcore there were a  few in New York.  That is 40k though.  

29 minutes ago, OlDirtyCosta said:

At all is a little extreme.  If you go on Frontline Gamings website it will give you a list of upcoming events.  I know the portal in Connecticut usually has a 40k ITC event every few months.  When I was into 40k fairly hardcore there were a  few in New York.  That is 40k though.  

I believe if memory serves that there is 1 store in Brooklyn that has an ITC event for AoS every now and again.  Thats all i know of thou.

Archived