Triumvirate of Ynnead as Aelf Conversion Ideas

swiftmus

So having just seen the new 40k Eldar god stuff up for pre-order (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Gathering-Storm-Triumvirate-of-Ynnead?_requestid=23525940) at a reasonable price and with such gorgeous models, I find myself wanting to buy them. I don't play 40k so I was thinking if I want to use them as more than just display pieces they'd probably make some pretty cool Aelf heroes with some little tweaks.

However I'm unsure exactly which characters each model best represents as I don't know much about the elf rules in AoS. The one with the cat looks quite dark-elfy, while the red armoured one would make a pretty neat combat hero. The Avatar of Ynnead itself would make a cool wizard although the model looks to be quite large.

I feel like you kind of have to put Ynnead (Cat Lady) on something for her to work, either a monster or some kind of platform like the Cauldron or Warshrine. I hate having her on that big oval base as a foot model and don't relish the idea of having her trail that skirt around on a more appropriate infantry base.

The Avatar would work really well as a Celestant Prime but if you wanted to go another direction something like a Tzeentch hero on Disc could fly.

I agree that the cat one probably needs some sort of mount considering its size. Since I'm going chaos with the avatar perhaps I should do the same with her and mount her on a warshrine. Cauldron of Blood is a neat idea but then I would have to build an army around it (my wallet cries but I'm not against the idea).

4 hours ago, swiftmus said:

I agree that the cat one probably needs some sort of mount considering its size. Since I'm going chaos with the avatar perhaps I should do the same with her and mount her on a warshrine. Cauldron of Blood is a neat idea but then I would have to build an army around it (my wallet cries but I'm not against the idea).

She could be an alternative for a Dark Elf sorceress.. though any kind of aelven sorceres would probably work

I've decided to aim for a mixed elves 1k list and will be using the oval based one as either a dragon sorceress or a dreadlord.  I already have  a rider less dark elf dragon in need of re-basing.  The plan is to have the lady in front with some sort of leash going from her fan hand to the dragon's neck.

Archived