Lucifer's scurrilous hordes...

Lucifer

So, I am building a chaos force - I am notoriously bad for starting projects and giving up half way through so, this time I bought the most expensive model first and will be painting him first too...In other news I have everything else built at the moment so, just need to find a month or 3 to psint it all...(before I buy more!)

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

Update time!

So, I've managed to get a unit of warriors and a sorcerer Lord completed (well almost. Bases to do still). These are very much in the 'tabletop' standard and I'm fine with that. They look OK.

Comments and criticisms welcome! 

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

Black and gold is such a classic combo and I love the depth that you've got going on the gold.I reckon you could get away with one more thin edge highlight on the armour. Maybe something like the old Codex grey (sorry, I'm still getting used to all the new paint names. I know that they changed years ago!!)

The head on the sorcerer is a master stroke. It's arcane and magical but at the same time much more butch and chaos warrior like than the one that it comes with. Years ago someone told me that the face should be the focus of a model and that the best was to get that was to make it the point of greatest contrast on the miniature. If you did a bit more highlighting on his nose, brow and cheekbones it should contrast more with the shades and make the whole model "pop".

Looking forward to see what you do with those Varanguard. Such amazing miniatures!

Had a good think on the direction I want the army to go and almost certainly sticking to pure undivided. 

Archaon leading the force backed up by a sorc Lord and a retinue of foot troops. 6 varanguard and 10 Knights run with 2 chariots to complete my central block.  Be'lakor will make an appearance along with some summonable furies.  To the rear A mighty Shaggoth will roar,  calling his 6 dragon ogre friends to the fore. Finally the beasts will answer Archaon's clarion call - a great brayshaman accompanied by 30 ungor raiders, a doombull and 9 bulgores. I'll round out the force with a gorgon, jabberslythe, cokatrice and vortex beast...  A LONG way to go!

Anyway....

Spent yesterday painting Durghur, this is as far as I got. Underbelly, scales, tail and wings done. Heads next I think...

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

More progress,  think that's as far as I'm going to take it this weekend,  need to do something else to recharge the painting batteries.  Again, definitely in the 'tabletop' brigade but happy to hear C+C.

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

Archived