Sylvaneth 1500pt tournament list

Shorewood

• 2 weeks later...

I'd thought I'd thank you all for your input and update you on how the tournament went.  It was a 3v3 match I ended up with nurgle on my left and chaos undivided on my right again stormcast, stormcast/bretonia and sephron.  The guy running the even set up a ton of very beautiful very well layed out terrain.  There was a river going through gorges, ancient bridges the ruins of a city it was brilliant.  However there was an awful lot of it and too much terrain kind of sucks for sylvaneth.  

by my count there was 1 area on the entire board where 3 wyldwoods could fit (near the center edge) and by chance i ended up on that side.  I of course deployed in the center.  The next closest spot I could place a single woods was 24".  I would have to move 24 inches away in a direction I did not want to go in order to be in range of the next opening.  This would have upset me had not the board just looked awesome.  

There was two static objectives on the flank  and an objective in the middle that you could pick up and run with.  I was lined up against the stormcast/bretonia player who was kind of new to the game but a very nice guy and an enthusiast of the game, he was cool.    he had 3 units of 5 liberators a lord castellent (all the guys he had commissioned painted so far they were gorgeous)  then he had 2 full units of Knights (like 20 guys) of the realm a Bretonia lord, 3 pegasus knights and 10 dark Aelf Raider guys and the Green knight.

We got first turn and I managed to pick of a pegasus knight and a single liberator with my Kurnoth hunters which was nice.  I moved my dryads up so that they were on the edge of my wyldwoods wrapped around my treelord ancient and Drycha in an S.  With Drycha hiding behind a thin line of dryads and the Treelord ancient exposed to a charge.  During my opponent's turn he dropped the Green Knight ontop of the moving objective and ran, I would never have line of sight to that model for the rest of the game.  Mostly because I was unable to toss down any more woods.  (soo much beautiful terrain).

With appropriate knightly valor my opponent charged up and managed to get the turn one charge with the pegasus knights into my tree lord ancient.  But unfortunately for him I got my stomp off combined with the briarsheath, means that in the end his double charging knights managed to pull 4 wounds off of my treelord ancient (I had used inspiring presence on the dryads in case he had tried to get a bunch of them to flee instead of his command ability as I was fairly confident that the treelord wouldn't croak from the 2 surviving pegasus knights).  My treelord ancient continued his long tradition of being unable to do any damage (in the entire game I think he dealt like 3 wounds and he was always in combat he did get a lot of his stomps off though).  but my dryads piled in and knocked off 2 wounds off one of the pegasus knights.

Turn two they got the double turn so he charged with his knights of the realm but failed the charge with his Bretonian lord.  He got a long charge off on one of his squads of liberators.  (the other two with the lord castelent were camped on the very steep hill the green knight was hiding behind.)  both of his knights hit the side of the Dryad's S formation that Drycha was hiding behind while his liberators hit my ancient and the tip of the dryads that were wrapped behind the Treelord Ancient.  Now my Dryads at this point were at full strength, had a cover bonus and were near a wyldwood (so -1 to hit).  His first unit of knights managed to kill 4 and I pulled my casualties away from the 2nd unit of knights so that they would get less attacks and so that when they piled in they would be within 3 inches of my enraged Drycha so she could join combat.  his second unit of knights managed to knock off another 2 dryads and Drycha piled in killing 3 knights.  But I didn't particularly care about loosing dryads cause Gnarlroot can regen them and inspiring presence prevents any from fleeing from battleshock.  Oh and during the shooting his phase his castelent through that hammer cloak thing and knocked off 4 wounds off my ancient, and his pegasus managed to knock another off.  

my turn 3 I healed the ancient back to full (I love sylvaneth).  and then had the best Drycha spell I've ever done.  Her custom spell is a 10" bubble that targets each enemy unit you then roll 2d6+2 and deal the difference between what you rolled and the units bravery in mortal wounds.  I had 5 enemy units in range (Bretonian lord, 2 knights, pegasus knights, liberators)  Only the Lord had a bravery higher than six and against him I rolled box cars.  I didn't roll less than a 9 for any of the other units she dealt like 13 or 14 mortal wounds with the spell and her squirmlings finished off the one unit of surviving knights in the shooting phase.  It was absurd.  My hunters whiffed that round and in combat I finished up his liberators and charged with my now free Drycha against his Betonian lord knocking him out.  

Next turn my opponent continued to camp the hill and brought his Aelf's around the side, I moved up with everyone and got a charge with my dryads against the front squad of liberators, managed to do one wound and my hunters killed another one in shooting.  Come his turn he knocked dealt 5 mortal wounds to my treelord ancient with his hammer cloak ability thing and managed to knock another wound off with a unit of charging liberators and Aelfs.  he then ran the green knight away from the side of the hill that Drycha was heading around still staying out of line of sight because ruins.  

Come my turn I pretty much cleaned up the rest of his army save a heavily wounded lord castellent and 2 liberators but by then people had to go home so we called it.  My treelord ancient was 12" away from being able to toss another woods down and then letting me teleport my kurnoth hunters behind all this terrain and perhaps maybe kill the green knight and grab the objective he was running with.    So I failed to grab my objective despite overunning his forces.

My ally to my right was also new to the game and while he managed to put up a good fight the lizardmen pretty much knocked his perverbial teeth in and so they took that static objective.  

My ally to my left had his 500pt forgeworld nurgle monster get bogged down by stormcast battleline the entire game and he couldn't dislodge the paladins from the other static objective on his side with his remaining troops.  oh and my tree revenants had been over there the entire game stopping a grouped of prosecutors from slowing down his already slow blightkings.  I did teleport them back to my army eventually and heal them up a bit but the game ended before I could attempt the teleporting yolo charge against the green knight.

All in all it was a blast and I had a ton of fun, even though we lost.   

Archived