Mono Host of Slaanesh 1.5k c&c needed

High Warden

Hey all,  

I am keen on starting up a Host of Slaanesh army for a tournament and am looking for some critique before I spend my hard earned money.  I know Slaanesh probably aren't in the best place right now but I've been wanting to do a Slaanesh army for ages, anyhow here's the list;

Leaders
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)

Battleline
20 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (240)
20 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (240)
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120)

Units
10 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (240)
2 x Exalted Seeker Chariots Of Slaanesh (280)

Battalions
Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)

Total: 1500/1500

Idea is to deploy in one drop and counter my opponent where possible letting them have first turn in necessary using the 10 daemonettes as a screen so I can get the advantage of the bigger units after.  For 2k I'll add another exalted chariot and a herald for every unit to capatilize on the locus of beguilment.  I was also considering adding mortals particularly Hellstriders and taking the 'beguiling gem' artifact and baiting a first turn charge with -2 to hit but I think I would rather spend points elsewhere.  

Thanks,

13 hours ago, backslide said:

It's 3 drops unless the chariots are a unit of 2?

I don't find the chariots worth the points

I have been very tempted to run the maquse because of her restrictions on enemy movment 

And a Prince of Slannesh is not to be underestimated

Ah yes you are right, 2 drops actually.  The exalted chariots come in units up to 3, next step is deciding which to take in the battalion as I need to decide between the seekers or the chariots...

Have you ever run a unit of chariots? There mortal wound charge seems very good.  The Masque actually does seem good, cheap points wise too.  Did you mean the Slaanesh Daemon Prince?

• 2 weeks later...

I only played a couple of games mono daemons of Slaanesh but I found I needed some mortals to be the anvil to the glass hammer. It offered me some tactical diversity and a unit of warriors can hold on to any objective. So that would be something to consider if you do end up adding mortals. 

Now I havent tried the Seeker chariots as they don't fit my theme but it's one of the few ways we have to do mortal wounds so it might be worth keeping them. But wouldn't it be worth it to field them as Heralds on Seeker chariots?

Now I do field mortal chariots on occasion and yes they do disappoint a bit. I generally prefer spawns or fiends of Slaanesh for that price. 

I truly love the lords and daemon LEADERS as they all work fine and I would only suggest (but seems you have figured that out already) to keep in mind you kan field Lords of Slaanesh but also the Chaos lords with the mark. Same for the daemons for some interesting combinations. 

So all in all you have a very fun list there. They will zoom around the battlefield, annoy and evade your opponents and when they do hit, they hit hard. Just beware of other fast units (they will trap you) and overly shooty armies. At least those are the ones I struggle the most against. 

Thanks for the guidance I see what you say about needing chaos mortals, slaanesh are very squishy.  I will definitely get some mortals in future, there's talk of a path to glory campaign starting at my local so I'll probably pick them up for that.  Exalted seeker chariots have been amazing so far thinning enemy hordes before my daemonettes get in, and they never die.  I'm finding I really need to run in a tight pack or two to be effective.   I am aware you can field the mortal slaanesh heroes however there command abilities only affect mortal units.  I have been looking for other combos however can't seem to find any/many apart from unpredictable destruction stacking its +1 to hit bonus with the 'excess of violence' command ability from the keeper of secrets, however this has never worked for me.

this is what i came up with

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Keeper Of Secrets (280)
Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (360)
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (360)
10 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (120)

Units
5 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (120)

Battalions
Daemon Cohort of Slaneesh (40)

Total: 1500/2000

Archived