Events UK: BOBO - Bravery One British Open

Anyone seen Grimnir?

There was a lot to applaud here. It was a very ambitious project and kudos to the guys for bringing it to fruition. The gaming was as any other event - tight play, accurate scoring, impeccable opponents - but what marked this as different was the added value throughout the event. Now, I've met Jon on several painfully awkward occasions and I can testify that he's usually as funny as a dead sheep... However, put a mic in his hand and give him a stage and he turns into comedy gold. Well, maybe not comedy gold... comedy bronze. Great stuff. The spot prizes were awesome, as were the forfeits. The venue was probably one of the best people have played in. I'm sure the TOs will be aware for next time that they can maintain 100% of the entertainment whilst significantly reducing costs - the best things in life really are free (or...  from Poundland). 

There were some heavy drinkers, and some little drinkers who drank heavily and whilst this was super good fun within a relatively tight knit hall of players you could easily see the TOs having, errr... containment problems if they maxed out the event ;)

I've seen other feedback on the interwebs and it's all glowing. Hopefully BOBO will be back bigger and bett... (just the same will be fine) in 2018. 

• Like 6

I had an amazing time at the event over the weekend, players, chat, prizes, and the showman Jon on the stage

A big thank you all the organizers and everyone who helped.

Very quick over view of my games. I had Cunning Deceiver but I am thinking that BoK will be better (no sayl)

As with all games luck can be a big thing.

Game 1 Escalation and I was against Pirate Pete Sylvanryth & a star seer.

This was a good battle for me as I had 120 bloodletters on the 9" line.

Pete took first turn and gave me SIX re rolls (starseer) some of his charges and spells then failed.

On turn 2 Pete also gave me Five re roll this time.

Pete and I had some great chats, and hamadreth took out one unit Bloodletters with one shot.

Games 2 Three places of power vs Will Barton Stormcast

We played 5 turns of very bloody battle, I had 13 models left at the end and he had 10 I think!

I learnt something new here, if you fail a Mystical test it stops spells, move and attacks.

Rain of stars is an ’ability’ so my hero's still got hurt

Games 3 Adam Hazelwood Gifts from the Heaven.

We played 5 turns; I charged forward the centre of his deployment zone and stopped his dragon from flying away by having a unit of 30 bloodletters holding back.

This meteor came down in the centre of his deployment zone with alot of my bloodletters.

Game 4 Chris Green Kharadron, Border war.

So he had the choice of who goes first, who get's the possibility of the double turn. VERY very good for bloodletters.

Re can redeploy and move once in the hero phase.

If he goes first (I have cunning deceiver) he kills one or 2!! Units of bloodletters and he then gets charged by my army and also maybe double turned for me. fingers crossed.

Chris chooses to goes second. Oh And I think he redeploys in the very opposite corner to Sayl and the unit of bloodletters next to sayl.

I have no idea of where he will strike, so every model not on an objective is useless.

MOVEMENT tray are great (age of Hobby). 6 trays 30 models.

Turn 1

I picked up the 6 trays and put them in a circle around each objective ( Sayl was needed for opposite one ) job done 20-25 min.

Chris Turns 1 and 2, as he win and takes the double turn . BUT cunning Deceiver turn 1.

I get shot, charged and royally smacked twice.

For my turns 2 and 3 all I tried to do was hope that he failed charges, hit rolls and wounds roll AND  I tried to blocked his flyers from landing and his foot models moving into 6" of the objectives.

T1 was 9-2, T2 7-2 T3 3-2 . I scored the most off him that weekend I think, 600 points & at one stage his iron clad was down to 4 wounds . I had 17 models left from 153. Chris said this himself , if he was quicker he may have won.

Games 5 Blood and Glory Adrian McWalter

Great games, Adrian took this like a Boss

He set up and gave me the first turn. I had 2 Mystical terrain pieces on my side and damned in the centre.

Every one of my units had to take a Mystical test . ONLY 2 failed , none were bloodletters units and then one unit of 30 were also damned. Sayl cast on one unit of 30 and hit his back line on one flank. Followed up by 30 to the centre with 5 flesh hounds and 30 bloodletters on the other flank.

Only one unit fail it charge in my army .

Only 5 Judicators were not in combat in his army.

The whole of the first turn he would be at -1 to hit and I was re roll most of my 1's to hit and all of my wounds.

Adrian Said  I’ve just lost

At the start of turn 3 he had 9 models left. I had about 70 bloodletters and the Bloodsecrator.

That game everything aligned for khorne.

GREAT WEEKEND , big thank you to everyone.

• Like 2

I had 5 cracking games at a well run and thoroughly cracking event, with some quality moments, I enjoyed the bingo ( I am old so obviously I would), I thought the band was great ( They are from Sheffield so always going to have my support). Other highlights  include monster v hero, jack getting sponged and throwing game 5 like a nob

much love BOBO I calendar must for me 

ady

• Like 2

Really fun following this event on Twitter. A shout out from across the pond to everyone involved in making it happen.

Anyone know Andy Hughes' sylvaneth build? A third place finish looks outstanding given the strength of the field. 

Would love to have Andy on the podcast to chat about his experience with the trees at BOBO.

Edited by scrubyandwells
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Really fun following this event on Twitter. A shout out from across the pond to everyone involved in making it happen.

Anyone know Andy Hughes' sylvaneth build? A third place finish looks outstanding given the strength of the field. 

Would love to have Andy on the podcast to chat about his experience with the trees at BOBO.

Hey dude thanks a lot. I think the sylvaneth was this : 

Blue Trees.pdf

• Like 1