Events UK: FaceHammer Grand Tournament 2 (30sep-1Oct)

Terry Pike

So thank you to all the Facehammer crew for running this event, I had a great time chatting and playing over the weekend. :)

The prizes looked great and very original I think for the AoS events, next year ;)

I think I will put a quick summary of my games on the chaos thread.

Russ / Terry / Byron / Les,

Well done for once again putting on what is, for me, the tournament of the year. I had a brilliant time from start to finish, even on zero sleep Thursday night. The paint along, Magic draft and venture into Manchester on Friday was all super fun and then I had 5 great games across the weekend vs @Arnie, @Superpotts, @Ralphy99, @Paul Buckler & @ChippyRick. Really pleased to manage 4 wins vs some tough armies and opponents, was a good challenge which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Was great to hang out and chat to so many friends new and old alike, the only downside with an event of this side is that there are always many others you barely get any time with!

Congratulations to all the winners, especially Gary Hennessey for his painting contest win and @Sangfroid for racking up the kill points and taking Best Destruction - he said he was going for it round one and nailed it. Great work!

Also I'd like to touch on the painting standard as I thought it was fantastic across the board. Even without the Facehammer boys participating, the Best Army competition was amongst some of the toughest I've ever seen. I was incredibly proud that 4/12 of the nominations came from my group with myself, @Forestreveries, @Cowboy Boots Matt and Gary getting to display our armies. I had been wondering who would be able to break @Ian Gilmore's monopoly and it turned out that @Painted by G was the man for the job. Having previously only seen his work on Twitter, I have to say I was blown away by his army in person (also his painting contest entries were stunning - that Gorbad Ironclaw!!). For what little my opinion on the subject is worth, I think the judges got it spot on. Some truly inspirational stuff - you guys make me want to be better.

Looking forward to seeing the final standings out a bit later on once @Terry Pike has had some much deserved rest!

I've literally been falling asleep at my desk this morning :S 

Much love,
Chris

• Like 5

Really great weekend, as always.  Venue was top notch, great to catch up with a load of top people.

Had a blast playing the wanderers, watching people scratch their heads and work out what to do.  Never seen so many measuring sticks used as I did this weekend!

Thanks to all my opppoennts you were great to play, nice to get a Game vs Andy, Baz and Bryan finally, and always fun to play @Chris Tomlin (That Mawcrusher is the bane of my army!)  Also good to play Sam who I hadn't met before.

Now onto my next army......

• Thanks 1

Here are the full results with the sports scores correctly applied to the totals. 2 sporting votes awarded 10 additional tournament points, the most sporting player at the event received 20 tournament points. This was awarded to Ady McWalter, who was tied on sports but finished higher in the standing.

Painting was scored out of 30. If the army was not cohesive (borrowed models etc), unfinished or just met minimum standard 20 points were awarded out of the 30 available. Being nominated for best painted also scored an additional 10 points.

results-1.png.4de3d03593d42f0df2442c0d20768a8c.png

results-2.png.7b85ef425ae13bd4ce1f9007e31fb11f.png

results-3.png.88ebd922da13785e79f4b84c50ee1277.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Stevewren said:

Top showing from @Chris Tomlin in 4th place with the Ironjawz! Really well done.

Thanks Steve, I'm really pleased with the placing :D

16 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

No grots? What happened to the squig meta :D

Also what is sports score and why did hardly anyone get any sports points? 

10 points were awarded for players who received two or more sports votes. 20 points were awarded to the recipient of the Best Opponent award, which in this instance was the true gent of Warhammer, @Adymc!

Just want to echo everyone elses sentiments, Facehammer GT was my favourite event by far last year and this one matched it and then went some.

Had five awesome games against some great opponents, wasn't expecting to do anywhere near as good as 14th where I finished.

Massive thanks to @Terry Pike, Russ, Les and Byron for putting on a absolutely stella event. Roll on Facehammer GT 2018!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheriff said:

No grots? What happened to the squig meta :D

Also what is sports score and why did hardly anyone get any sports points? 

I think roughly 62 of the players received at least 1 best opponent result, receiving 2 or more gave you an additional 10 tournament points.

1 hour ago, Terry Pike said:

The lists will be published. I just need to get them all in order and either scan them all in or remake them all in Scrollbuilder.

@Ben put me on to a decent scanning app for your phone to help me get the BLACKOUT lists up. Seems to be the easiest, most time efficient way of PDFing a load of physical army lists.

• 3 weeks later...