• At home (or a friends house)
  2. 2. How ofter do you play

• 2+ days/nights a week on average
    • 1 days/night a week on average
    • Fortnightly
    • Monthly
    • Once in a blue moon

43 minutes ago, pforson said:

Really amazed that so many play in their local GW store.

How do you deal with the ever-present gaggle of 12 year olds screaming at each other about Space Marines?

“Veteran's nights”. Most GW stores have one evening a week, after 6pm, usually a weekday (ie. not weekend), where they are open late but you rarely see anyone under 16 there. Depends on the store, I guess, but I've always avoided beginners' Sundays/Saturdays for pretty much that reason.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently inly play occasionally and set a who day aside for it. We often go to Warhammer World although not the closest, but the best place for a day of gaming with a load of friends, I just wish it opened longer like it used to. 

We currently play x-wing on Thursday evenings but I'm hoping to get some of the guys into playing AoS instead occasionally :) 

I play at a GW, typically on weekends, but I'm not a big fan of it not anything they've done, just there is only one AOS table that's 8x4 while there are two 40k tables, so space is limited.  This means that we can rarely play more than 1500 point games, since higher than that they tend to be too crowded for a 4x4 board, which sucks because I kinda want to play more seriously at the 2k point level (not necessarily "competitive").  They're also super laid back, like we rarely use scenarios or even the terrain rules, and we are very lax with the rules because it's extremely casual.  If I was aware of other stores with an interest in AOS, I would go there as well to try and encourage it; I'm currently the person trying to push interest in AOS at the GW (not affiliated with the store).

Really would like to play more but the nearest GW store is about an hour away in Denver. Our local gaming stores aos night is Wednesday, which works out poorly for my schedule.  

So for right now it's just games at my sister's house once a month because I got her husband into the game, and our one big event each year is to go to adepticon.

Play at my FLGS JustPlayGames in Liverpool. Really good scene that is continuing to grow and decent table space with full terrain etc. I'm unning a ladder with 16 people in it.. many are 40k converts! And really happy that more people are picking the game up. Thursday nights are the big AoS night if anyone is local and interested but always seems to be people playing.

I live in Charlottesville, VA here in the US. I play at my local game store mostly. They have two full time tables set up and can field up to 10 tables for events. They are also open late so it is possible to play after work on a weekday. Our AOS community is growing, we had 8 folks at our first tournament last Sunday.

I play in my home with my gaming group. My girlfriend is a new recruit to our group and I have a realm of battle board and a spare room full of scenery etc. I have purchased some mdf boards and some wood from a hardware store which makes a makeshift games table out of our dining table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've mainly played at home with my children (5 and 6). I've played a bunch of 40k at a few local game stores here in Lansing, MI, but no AoS, yet. Once I get 1k points of my Hellgruntaz finished I plan on taking them in to play. They have 4 tables and tons of terrain. 10-15 40k guys that have slowly been getting into AoS.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2017 at 7:00 AM, pforson said:

Really amazed that so many play in their local GW store.

How do you deal with the ever-present gaggle of 12 year olds screaming at each other about Space Marines?

I have never had THAT problem. Secondly, they're kids, whenever a kid gets excited about this hobby, I do. It is I guess very nostalgic for me. If they're too loud either you or the store manager should ask them to quite down. They probably don't know better and need the guidance.

• 1 month later...
On 1 February 2017 at 9:06 AM, RuneBrush said:

I've put myself as "home" but reckon I play roughly as much at the local club in Devizes (building up a few people there).  I've largely managed to play monthly but starting to achieve three times every couple of months now.  A few events planned for this year too.

A club in Devizes.. can you share more details, when, where, website/group? 

4 hours ago, ****** said:

A club in Devizes.. can you share more details, when, where, website/group? 

It's the Devizes &District Wargames Group (DDWG).  They meet every Sunday in the Scout hall on Southbroom Road.  Quite a nice group of people, AoS scene is getting more popular since a few of us on here have got going.  Best place to co-ordinate things is on their Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/752718634828089/

Back in the days, I only played at home with friends. Never was too interested in visiting the local GW/FLGS/Club, always found the randomness quite off-putting. Nowadays, I don't even play coz this area is barren of anything AoS related. Eventually, if things start to move around I'd consider leaving my den as I don't really have another option for gaming. So it goes.

• 1 month later...

Archived