• At home (or a friends house)
  2. 2. How ofter do you play

• 2+ days/nights a week on average
    • 1 days/night a week on average
    • Fortnightly
    • Monthly
    • Once in a blue moon

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to have a chat about where people are playing and how often.

Please place your votes but also let me know a bit about your local groups/stores/gaming set-ups.

I'd love to hear about your gaming activities.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the US, and about a 2 hour drive from my local GW shop (where I typically try to get my games in). No local hobby shops near me that do it. However, I'm working with one of my friends currently to get some games started at my home.

I pretty much only play at events which probably explains why I'm not very good! Basically with my job of managing a team of Server Engineers means I often don't get back until late and then I try and spend as much time as I can with my family. This means that I get little hobby time but I'm trying to fix this but also means I don't get chance to play much. 

Most games are played at the local club, where we´re 20-isch AoS-players that gather regularly for club events. As I do have my own gaming room I get some games at home too.

Some weeks I get 4-5 games, others none, so I voted for 1/week but it probably is a bit more then that on average. Between work, home brewing (beer), football and keeping mrs ratatatata happy, I'm glad I get to play as much as I do.

Usually play at a little Dorset gaming club twice a week got a really awesome vibe and always loads of stuff going on. About 20ish regular gamer including guys from TBS, Age of Sigbrah, Ninja Badgers and of course the Dorset Doggers. All ran by the legendary Top Dogger Paul Buckler.

http://www.warhammergc.com

Really friendly bunch always looking folwards to meeting new gamers at the club and events. 

I live near Three Rivers, Michigan. We mostly play at my home as I am the one with more tables, room, terrain, and extra models for 17 armies, which is a pain to take to the local (hour drive one way) for AoS days. The local supports us, but is mainly 40K centric.

Im currently looking for a place in town for our club to meet and play... which is hard unless im willing to pay several hundred monthly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My main opponent and I have been playing at our houses since we were 16, about 30 years ago. At the time we would play on his pool table or my ping pong table in our basements, using stacked paperbacks as our terrain. We stopped playing for a very long period of time during our 20's and early 30's, but once again picked it up during 7th edition.

Since then, we have always played at my place. We try to get together every Friday or Saturday night, but of course there are always the exceptions due to life. Rarely do we go more than 3 weeks without a game.

Unfortunately, we have never had more than 3 people at a time among our gaming group, and usually it is only the 2 of us playing at any given time.

I live in an area where we seem to have quite a few gamers and LGS's as well as a GW. I mainly play at The Battle Standard in East Windsor CT since it just moved about 10 minutes down the road from me. They have tons of space, great terrain and we've been building up a following.

ive also got a table and terrain at home, and I have a friend with a gaming room as well add 3 more full tables in the basement.

i have a young family, but I make it out once a week and for events. I also live online :)

There is a GW in our town, but it's tiny 2 4x4 tables and only open until 6pm - as I work a 9-5 this is just not going to happen for me.

So we play at a game store which has a large gaming hall attached. We've been lucky (and put some work in) finding players so that we have between 3 and 5 tables playing most Tuesday evenings, where I tend to play once a week. We only started in September so I'm hopeful we can still grow the community.

If you're in the Lincoln area we have a subforum here: http://www.tga.community/forums/forum/128-imps-gaming/

I live literally 10 minutes from the centre of Leicester, so I jump into the Warhammer branded shop in the middle of town, do a few games on a single day roughly monthly at the moment. Would love to game more, and have thought about coming to Derby @Ben, but I commute an hour from work as it is so I don't get time in the evenings to even think about heading up to Derby.

If anyone ever fancied it, wouldn't mind setting up some more regular AoS games at weekends in the area. Fancy making a board and some scenery happen, and wouldn't mind having a go at some tornaments either eventually and I know that becomes easier when you have  a local play buddy.

I've put myself as "home" but reckon I play roughly as much at the local club in Devizes (building up a few people there).  I've largely managed to play monthly but starting to achieve three times every couple of months now.  A few events planned for this year too.

24 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

I live literally 10 minutes from the centre of Leicester, so I jump into the Warhammer branded shop in the middle of town, do a few games on a single day roughly monthly at the moment. Would love to game more, and have thought about coming to Derby @Ben, but I commute an hour from work as it is so I don't get time in the evenings to even think about heading up to Derby.

If anyone ever fancied it, wouldn't mind setting up some more regular AoS games at weekends in the area. Fancy making a board and some scenery happen, and wouldn't mind having a go at some tornaments either eventually and I know that becomes easier when you have  a local play buddy.

We are not far from you on the a46 so if you wanted to set up some stuff I'd be up for coming - or alternate with us? Something like that

I have never played in my local GW (Glasgow) but I plan on getting down there when I have 1k painted. The only time I went in when games were being played was when some very loud teens were playing 40k, and I have a sort of 'nerd shellshock' from the time I spent working in the local Geek Cafe through the Khans/Dragons period of MtG

Archived